[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

quick question is the POB link updated? and your levelling guide has phase acrobatics but the POB tree doesn't do I still go for it?
cold to fire doesnt double dip with extra chaos anymore
well it does but most mods are now single element gain as chaos
only double dipping is from innate shaper mod on sceptres ( gain 15-20% ele as extra chaos ) , crafted mod on weaps (7-8%? of nonchaos gain as chaos at max rank) and atziri flask

better off with pure cold as pandemonius (if u use it) and frost bomb gives more damage with pure cold than
cold to fire + HoA

also slower proj aint bad as a last link
I'm level 78 and this is my first league, I just got an ex drop in mapping and not sure how to spend it. Anyone able to look at my gear and give recommendations?

Ty for the old build Lyxara, this is really fun to watch everything explode!
Hello all,

first let me thank you Lyxara for the updated guide! Still PoE noob, first time playing WO and its a blast!

Question: why dont we use Storm Brand? In the beginning of the league, WO dmg is perfect for trash but map bosses take longer = increased chance to die. SB is one gem slot, you cast it in the begining of the fight and have +50% dmg as it stays on the boss. Or am I mistaken?

In order of importance from first to sixth gem link, is this the actual order to equip them?

Winter Orb - Infused Channeling Support - Concentrated Effect Support - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Cold Penetration - Hypothermia. In PoB it shows me its best to get rid of Cold Pentration if I only have 5link.

Thank you
Dernière édition par misanuff, le 12 mars 2019 03:56:34
Hey guys, sorry for my absence - had a lot of work and also was trying to find a build that I enjoy the league, mostly because of the league mechanic and playing so much last league :D

I try to answer all the questions that came up.

Herald of your choice + Curse on hit + warlorsmark is definitely the better option than blasphemy, because we're not always in range of enemies to have them affected by warlord's mark.

Cold to fire is more endgame nowadays, people where telling it earlier in the thread already because the best mod it can affect is "ele dmg as extra chaos" which isn't that easy to get. Herald of Ash question got answered aswell earlier because of that.

Path of Building link seems fine to me, it shows a complete tree up to level 93 - you can change stuff however if you prefer Alchemy for instance for flask effect + duration.

Storm brand in lower levels, yes definitely I think I wrote that up as leveling aswell - if you find yourself missing some damage you can always get a 3-4 Linked Vaal Blade Vortex for map bosses, still BV gets affected by Duration aswell and is still super strong.

Regarding Gem Setup, I would do it in this order: Winter Orb - Infused Channeling Support - Concentrated Effect Support - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Hypothermia - Cold Penetration
Cold pen as last, because Hypothermia gives Chill effect and since we're actually hitting with Winterorb (5 projectiles at once) it is more damage then the ele pen, we have a lot of this anyway by herald + passive tree.

I'm happy you guys enjoy the build, GL everyone!

IGN: FluffyMetamorph
Dernière édition par Lyxara, le 12 mars 2019 04:22:34
Would not added cold damage gem give better damage over cold penetration? 29 more over pen's 15 more in my POB.
Dernière édition par aaOzymandias, le 12 mars 2019 04:47:32
For leveling I'd definitely stick to storm brand for much longer, possibly even till the end of a10. It is just better skill at that stage, even after nerf. There is a reason why all speedrun records were broken with this last league.
You can switch to WO as soon as you get it, I leveled this way, but it was worse compared to going pure stormbrand.

As for mapping, and getting gear, is there merit in getting any other unique chest before inpulsa (which is pretty expensive)? Carcass jack for example? 5L is pretty cheap.
Dernière édition par aerial, le 12 mars 2019 06:14:03
In order of importance from first to sixth gem link, is this the actual order to equip them?

Winter Orb - Infused Channeling Support - Concentrated Effect Support - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Cold Penetration - Hypothermia

Which is the gem we don't use if we only have a 5-link chest?
Why not use duration in that btw? I feel like extra duration is worth way more than some extra damage, sheer QOL of fact you dont need stop and channel that often. Even with duration it feels little short.
"
Adambjjoz a écrit :

Winter Orb - Infused Channeling Support - Concentrated Effect Support - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Cold Penetration - Hypothermia

Which is the gem we don't use if we only have a 5-link chest?

"
Lyxara a écrit :

Regarding Gem Setup, I would do it in this order: Winter Orb - Infused Channeling Support - Concentrated Effect Support - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Hypothermia - Cold Penetration
Cold pen as last, because Hypothermia gives Chill effect and since we're actually hitting with Winterorb (5 projectiles at once) it is more damage then the ele pen, we have a lot of this anyway by herald + passive tree.
IGN: FluffyMetamorph

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires