[3.9] Holy Totem Chieftain * Cheap & Strong League Starter with new holy spells! All content!

"
Elaforestis a écrit :
"
Mecielle a écrit :
"
Elaforestis a écrit :
Hey people! I started the game a week ago with this build :D
Here is my current setup:

Spoiler

Current goals include:
Rolling 4blue on the helm for +increased area of effect +spell cascade
Scour+alch better helm stats
Rolling some good %phys as fire opal rings (with ess of hysteria) to replace my current ones
Replacing the belt

Would appreciate any feedback!

The Hysteria crafted Opal rings are good until you can afford a "buff effect" Circle of Anguish. But because you won't be keeping them forever, don't go for something too good. A resist or two and crafted life are totally fine to tide you over until you can afford Circle of Anguish buff effect rings.

And I would not scour alch the helmet, I would get some Pristine fossils and one-socket resonators and craft with those. More expensive per try but much cheaper until you get something good.

And if you are not aware, there is an easy way to get 4 off colors on items that dont roll the colors. You already have 2 blue in sockets 1 and 2. Now go to you crafting bench and use the "Two sockets" craft. Then the "Three Sockets craft. If it isnt blue, repeat. Same for the fourth.

If the damage is lacking, get some better wands. For around 10-20c per wand you should be able to get huge upgrades.

Thank you so much for your feedback! Your comments on this thread have been amazing as well. Going to look into fossils and that bench trick. Unfortunately as a new player I didn't know how the league system worked so I just opted for standard, which means I won't be getting circles of anguish too soon. Nevertheless, I'll just try not to waste all my chaos on essence rolls and wait to get better stats when the synthesis items get to standard. Also going to grab some better wands at some point, I bought these with the chaos I had leftover after buying the plate basically.
Thanks again!

Oh right, didnt notice. In that case it would be fine to spend some more currency on the rings, you will be wearing them for a long time after all and apart from Circle of Anguish they should be best-in-slot by far. Apart from life and resists you can look for mana and mana regen on them. Both things the build really needs.
Dernière édition par Mecielle, le 21 mars 2019 19:06:58
Seems like a fun build so far. Thanks for the guide.
Dernière édition par Aeso381, le 22 mars 2019 01:32:33
Is it ok to put a Karui Ward to add even more projectile speed and damage ? Also the bonus movement speed is nice, as well as the dexterity for the requirements.

I just refunded like 25 points because I was first following Mathil's build (Elemental Overload and double curse, Flammability and Elemental Weakness, as well as Mind Over Matter).
I gained tons of damage, with just 100c to buy all new stuff :)

With all this proj speed, totems look very angry haha !
Dernière édition par DoYouEvenPrayz, le 23 mars 2019 07:35:21
So I was a bit confused about your build. In a couple situations you mentioned some ideas, but they didn't make any sense. One you said to rush for 2nd totem, but you also mentioned that while leveling you should use EO. EO isnt compatible with totems. So what would you use to proc it and what would be the point? You also mentioned that you preferred Divine Ire, but thats base lightning damage. Which would in turn reduce your survivability by a lot. If your point is to be Chieftain for all the life/leech etc why choose a lightning skill? And would it not be better to go heiro for Divine ire spell totem? Also I did use nycta's lantern for a few levels and I do have to say it was a ton more damage. On a 3 link with Holy flame totem at lvl 41 i had over 3k damage. But since I got my tabula just a few levels later i 6l HFT. Build is overall very nice. I did my cruel lab at level 45 with no issues what so ever. This is my current gear at level 56.
"
xNxBxDx a écrit :
So I was a bit confused about your build. In a couple situations you mentioned some ideas, but they didn't make any sense. One you said to rush for 2nd totem, but you also mentioned that while leveling you should use EO. EO isnt compatible with totems. So what would you use to proc it and what would be the point? You also mentioned that you preferred Divine Ire, but thats base lightning damage. Which would in turn reduce your survivability by a lot. If your point is to be Chieftain for all the life/leech etc why choose a lightning skill? And would it not be better to go heiro for Divine ire spell totem? Also I did use nycta's lantern for a few levels and I do have to say it was a ton more damage. On a 3 link with Holy flame totem at lvl 41 i had over 3k damage. But since I got my tabula just a few levels later i 6l HFT. Build is overall very nice. I did my cruel lab at level 45 with no issues what so ever. This is my current gear at level 56.

You still can proc EO with crit even you don't deal any damage.If you want to use divine Ire I would take "Avator of Fire" to convert all your damage to fire.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
"
xNxBxDx a écrit :

As already stated, EO works without any problems with totems, you just have to drop a Storm Brand or Orb of Storms once in a while.

And just in case you run into some kind of problems damage wise, your Dagger and Shield could be replaced by two random 1c wands to give you a huge boost. Also, you took totem life nodes on your way Primal Manifestation. They do nothing for you either, not once has a totem died for me.

Also I am wondering, are you ok with the totem range? I see no projectile speed at all! I felt it was totally unplayable like this, they shoot like 1/3 of the screen.

You can use cheap Winds of Change. I also would replace the weakest support gem for Faster Projectiles support. That should boost your clearspeed by a ton.
Dernière édition par Mecielle, le 24 mars 2019 05:24:38
playing this in HC currently. what do you think of replacing the last Ascendancy of Tukohama with the Tawhoa one for the Endurance charges?

Looking at it, i find it quite tempting. Dont know if the taunt would acutally be even safer and how good the totem reflect actually is.

You think it would be viable cause i value endurance charges a lot.

thanks for the guide, its fun!
"
Mecielle a écrit :
"
xNxBxDx a écrit :

As already stated, EO works without any problems with totems, you just have to drop a Storm Brand or Orb of Storms once in a while.

And just in case you run into some kind of problems damage wise, your Dagger and Shield could be replaced by two random 1c wands to give you a huge boost. Also, you took totem life nodes on your way Primal Manifestation. They do nothing for you either, not once has a totem died for me.

Also I am wondering, are you ok with the totem range? I see no projectile speed at all! I felt it was totally unplayable like this, they shoot like 1/3 of the screen.

You can use cheap Winds of Change. I also would replace the weakest support gem for Faster Projectiles support. That should boost your clearspeed by a ton.

And what would be that weakest support gems? Ive tried trading gems out and i lose a ton of straight damage swapping to faster/slower projectiles. I took the life nodes on the way to Primal manifestation cause i did not see any change in cast speed to holy fire totem. So i figured i would take something more useful. And since im not at endgame yet where totems can and have been 1 shot i thought it would be more useful. Im still in the leveling phase, so gear is subject to change (which a couple pieces did right after my post.) I also dont have a lot of currency at level either so yea. Just bought my Tabula after all. I believed that to be more important than other pieces atm.
"
xNxBxDx a écrit :
And what would be that weakest support gems? Ive tried trading gems out and i lose a ton of straight damage swapping to faster/slower projectiles. I took the life nodes on the way to Primal manifestation cause i did not see any change in cast speed to holy fire totem. So i figured i would take something more useful. And since im not at endgame yet where totems can and have been 1 shot i thought it would be more useful. Im still in the leveling phase, so gear is subject to change (which a couple pieces did right after my post.) I also dont have a lot of currency at level either so yea. Just bought my Tabula after all. I believed that to be more important than other pieces atm.

Controlled Destruction typically. And with this build losing damage is no problem, it is after all totally OP.

And I am not saying to buy yourself a 50c wand, but one for 2alch or something? Would more than make up any damage loss you would get from using Faster Projectiles.

And yea, the cast speed isnt shown in the tooltip, same as many, many other things in the game. But it works. PoB says so :D
Dernière édition par Mecielle, le 24 mars 2019 11:31:03
So I did take your suggestion and did get EO (proccing with Storm Brand) And it is doing a ton of damage. When exactly should I get rid of EO? Is it worth keeping? Im currently using Doedres Tenure. Should I swap out faster projectiles for Winds of change and put back Controlled Destruction? or keep my setup the way it is?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires