Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

Everyone complaining about sulphite scarab, but the cartographer and divination ones being nerfed absolutely destroys MT farming, along with alva canceling MT proc if it overlaps with it.

It's sad that poe keeps moving away from player controlled rewards to developer controlled ones. Basically:

Delve - "you will run this fixed amount of sulphite to get those specific rewards"
Betrayal - "you'll get those fixed amount of rewards"
Synthesis - "you will run this fixed amount of memory paths to get those specific rewards

Where are the leagues that used to reward you randomly and never disappointed players? Leagues like breach, pre nerf torment spirits (those still aren't buffed, your developers are lazy af), legacy (very similar to scarabs, which will get gutted so that says all). Basically, league mechanics that just add on the base loot table and allow the players to interact with them as they wish rather than introducing new, developer fixed ones. Why are you transforming into blizzard? Please do not do that. Remember how blizzard fell.

Everything keeps getting... diluted. Players that have thousands of game knowledge will get about the same rewards as newcomers now that the game became easy af and rewards being based on fixed elements and potentially low level farming (harbor bridge bullshit).
Dernière édition par demonstorm, le 22 févr. 2019 06:05:37
That was the bad news, and the good news?
(🌸°__°)
Mirror service thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1743892
"
That was the bad news, and the good news?

Probably info about melee nerf in next annoucment :P
"
Shr4k1nM0nk3y a écrit :
"
Mr_Cee a écrit :
"
BlaqWolf a écrit :
I guess it'll just be another 'core' mechanic I effectively ignore. Oh well.

It seems that even if you try to ignore them, it will try to not ignore you... ;)

I suppose you could always restart the area (outside of maps, of course) when it includes an undesirable encounter.

On the other hand, I think it might be a good idea to place the core mechanics from previous leagues into settings so that we could pick and choose those we enjoy.

That would be awesome, but I highly doubt it will implemented (at least in the near future).
Now that I think about it, this reminds me somehow of Legacy League...
Arf! Arf! Arf!
"
It's sad that PoE keeps moving away from player controlled rewards to developer controlled ones.

ggg don't care about feedback. Only department that does its job is customer support. Rest of them seem to fit right into that description a "former" employee gave on glassdoor.
And the real question is, what will GGG do with all this overwhelmingly negative feedback?

I personally don't think Betrayal was a bad idea as such, but it clearly needed more time in the oven.

...as have most Leagues in recent years.

Test. QA. Polish. Test. QA. Polish. That's how the big boys do it. How about it, GGG? Tencent? Are you big enough now to match that standard? Will you ever be?
Wash your hands, Exile!
"Sulphite Scarabs are 60-70% less effective depending on tier"

This is some bad joke. Are you blind? I've spend more currency then my gear is worth ( like 10x more ) on sulphite scarabs to delve around 350 depth which is still not above average i think. Others already mentioned how pathethic it was to get 1 node with astonishing 3k sulphite for 40 chaos scarab... Its already 20 chaos to move ONE node!

It clearly shows you have absolutely zero idea about your own game and whats making it fun.
I just hope they'll fix the new masters in poe 4.0 or before. ATM, i kinda miss the old ones. Beast master is almost useless, delve is nonsensical (it's supposed to test your character, not your batteries, i.e. sulphite), incursion is partially broken (you can't upgrade to tier 3 rooms because of rng and master scarcity), and betrayal is an abomination that rewarded only the 1% percent who wanted to grind endlessly and read excel spreadsheets, and i could ignore this fact if at least the crafting options weren't based on RNG, and not deterministic, like the rest.

THIS SUCKS! ffs, i love this game, but this sucks. You just like to suck the fun out of this brilliant game.
Dernière édition par D3adGh0st, le 22 févr. 2019 06:38:34
I agree with many of my fellow exiles - don't really like to see betrayal going core.

Some of these changes are weird as well - nerfing all kinds of rewards but not buffing mastermind fight reward?? The fight, while clunky as hell, was not the problem - it was the lack of rewards (and that we had to start our syndicate board from scratch, which you have fixed now, it seems).

On a personal note: I miss our old forsaken masters and interacting with them, even though their dailies had indeed become somewhat of a chore to do. I would have loved a new league focussed on (and updating the dailies / crafting system of) forsaken masters - in that respect, betrayal went way too far, imho.
If you add this to core, i am going to skip every map jun spawns in it, betrayal sux, face it, we don t like it.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires