Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

"
Gondalen a écrit :
so , from now on we have to find every league the recipes again and again...
had nightmares about this. not fun !

With reduced droprates + nerfed mods!
"
Redblade a écrit :
"
while Sulphite Scarabs are 60-70% less effective depending on tier.

Say what? Suplhite scarabs were the only thing making proper delving possible. How about fixing so people can't farm fossils for days on one daily instead of destroying the ability to delve at deeper depths?

Can't even put words to describe my utter disappointment at this moment.

Maybe wait to see what ways to gain sulphite is introduced with synthesis?
"
xX999Xx a écrit :
BUt you always take the fucking hammer and slam something into the graveyard!

yes, so they can publish shallow statistics about how much people were engaged with the new league content (because everything else has been nerfed into the dumpster).
"
xX999Xx a écrit :
Spoiler
"
I enjoyed this league quite a bit.

Were there things I think that could use a little bit of adjusting though? Sure

The overall from betrayal was really good though
. I see people complaining about a few main things here.

Difficulty

Delve

Rewards

Veiled mods

1)Difficulty: If you think that the league mechanic was too difficult, and your character couldn't do it or was repeatedly getting one-shot: I'd say thats a good indicator that you need to make a better character or improvements to the current one. I made 3 characters this league and only one would be considered "meta" (poets pen, golems, flicker) and none of them had any trouble with syndicate in 15s even. That said, I will say that my experience doesn't make it the general consensus but just as a rule of thumb with video games as a whole:

If the content is too hard, get better. Don't complain about it or want it nerfed. This mentality is a disease that has been plaguing video game design for a while now and it's sad tbh. Difficulty promotes longevity and long term satisfaction/sense of accomplishment, but I will agree that it has to be within reason because if not, the snowflakes complaining will just leave and that ends up losing developers money.

If you aren't a fan of the current league but love the game as a whole like we all do, just be patient and wait for the next one. GGG puts out content at a ridiculous pace, maybe you'll enjoy the next one more. It's literally impossible to please everyone at once.

You see all these posts filled with negativity, but people are more likely to be vocal when they don't like things. Don't overlook the fact though that the people complaining are the vast minority. People are much more vocal when they are unhappy about something than when they are happy with it. Ever work a customer service job? How often do people call to complain about things? 90% of the time, but that is by no means the majority of the customer base. No one ever calls in to customer service to be like "hey I just wanted to tell you guys that you are doing a great job"

Just because a majority of the posts here are bitching about betrayal, don't be deluded into thinking that a vast majority of the player base didn't have a blast playing this league.

2)Delve: I see the points given and agree with some of them, for instance the 3 nodes per map for Niko argument. However. 2 main things need to be remembered here.

Delve is an old league. It is not the current league mechanic nor will it be the next one. If you're sad that you can't just easily run delve full time, get over it. They didn't spend all the time and resources to make all this new content repeatedly for people to just run old content and bitch about not being able to completely avoid the newer relevant league content.

That said though, they do want to make it a "part" of the overall game experience and you have to take into consideration one major thing when complaining about this scarab/sulphite nerf.

The new league mechanic will include scarabs and sulphite in with it.

You can see in the screenshots they have posted already that there are scarabs above some of the memories as well as masters.

Before you all lose your shit, wait and see what actually happens in regards with the new league and drop rates first.

3)Rewards: I'm completely with everyone on this one though, the rewards for the mastermind were totally not worth even doing in relation to how it screws your board up in addition to how long it takes to unlock. With betrayal going core but the reduced spawns of the encounters, there is literally going to be no reason to ever do it. The "shuffle" of the board is just as bad as a full reset.

4)Veiled mods: I'd agree that the actual mechanical process of unveiling everything got a little tedious after a while. I do think that there is room for improvement on ways to streamline that process (think how they added the book to ID uniques in D3 instead of manually one by one).

The new crafting mechanics look amazing tbh though and it did make me think of one thing as a footnote.

All of these ridiculous new implicits, the fact that lab enchants don't override implicits anymore, and the overall reworking of a ton of skills along with the new additions leads me to this final thought.

The power creep is real with this coming expansion
, and to everyone crying about syndicate, it may not end up even being an issue. You should wait and see what they end up giving you before you start rioting about shit.

Funny how some noobish casual barely played the league, tells us we are all noobs. Did you ever play a T15-16 5-8 mod map while fighting a boss and Intervention pops up? Or Breach ends in a Fortification encounter
You know I had 2 98 and 1 level 100 this league and they have not been some cheap shitty glasscanon, I got at least 10+ times 1 shotted by the betrayal encounters. Let me guess all those HC 1 shots, those people have been noobs right?

Pathetic and bootlicking.

Without us knowing how you died your post is useless, its the same as saying:"I should be able to tank elder slam, because i am tanky". If you did an 8mod T16 map and stood in cluttered aisling bombs you should get oneshot.
"
xX999Xx a écrit :

With reduced droprates + nerfed mods!

Welcome to life?

Don't want to be "the most efficient" with your time? No one is forcing you. Do what you enjoy.

It's infinitely more "efficient" to spend your time getting a law or medical degree than most others in regards to pay vs time spent working.

Does that mean we can all bitch about the rest of the choices we make not being as lucrative or efficient?

No

Do what you enjoy, no one is stopping you. But don't be delusional enough to think that there will ever be equality in what is most efficient for your time spent vs the rewards in literally any aspect of life.
Once*
Thats some bullshit going on here.
Its the first time posting as a reply on core game mechanics...

As I got back with Betrayal this league...I thought like, "oh shit, delve is smth awesome, but the max suplhite is shit and azurite is shitty too" and you fixed it with patches...but I always lacked sulphite for going further down there cause i always had to invest A LOT in sulphite with scarabs

and now sulphite scarabs are 60-70% less effective?
I cant take that...hopefully youre reducing the amount needed in delve itself to roam around

people love delve...so do smth about it...please!!

Essences are somewhat in some way getting useless by the way...only the big ones count right now for getting multislots on gloves or helmet

Incursion is awesome too...thats a nice add as well, was fun

the new mechanic with betrayal and the crafting is nice too...but it seems like people will sell craftings a lot...the BIG TIME PLAYERS for sure...
Dernière édition par Topper_Harley, le 22 févr. 2019 03:38:52
For the first time in 2 years of playin this game 12h every day I hated the league mechanic,the only thing I did like about it was the voice acting,but even that was ruined because they were all talking over each other..

Should not be a part of the core game,nothing about betrayal was good.
From overpowered crafted items (some more power creep) to cheapening the value of level 100 with breachstones group rotas (anyone remembers Diablo 3 speed rift runs? xp xp xp ? soon we will get a paragon system) to a pointless boss fight that not only makes no sense to do at all because it resets your entire board but the rewards were pathetic,so why even do it? Not to mention the fact that once you killed the boss one time,the fight becomes trivial,nothing really exciting or challanging - we all got rekt first time we did it and then went down there the second time and maybe lost a portal or just 2 , only to realize the entire board is reset (at which point I stopped doing the boss fight) and to drop a 1 alchemy flask - NO THANK YOU!

I realize you guys worked hard for betrayal but really nothing about it was fun, getting one shotted is not fun - your way of balancing the game around the power creep that you have created with items like
and just saying 'ok,so we'll make monsters deal more damage' to the point that you're just getting one shotted with many defences up and active just reminds me again of Diablo 3 Greater rift system where you either killed the monsters fast enough or you were killed.

anyways.. these are my 2 cents about it,some of the changes you made make it look better but we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

I just don't like too many things being added to the core game,and the power creep problem is getting real,with breachstones and fossils and multimodding and shaper/elder items on one hand its awesome to have so many avenues a player can take to build their character and on the other hand things are getting rediculous in terms of a character's power.

Hard job to balance.
Streaming Every Day,

Twitch.tv/MosesPlays
I've no problem with most of the nerfs, beside the stupid delve nerf.
BUT!
I want a way to fucking ignore this fucking league!
"
xX999Xx a écrit :
Spoiler
"
I enjoyed this league quite a bit.

Were there things I think that could use a little bit of adjusting though? Sure

The overall from betrayal was really good though
. I see people complaining about a few main things here.

Difficulty

Delve

Rewards

Veiled mods

1)Difficulty: If you think that the league mechanic was too difficult, and your character couldn't do it or was repeatedly getting one-shot: I'd say thats a good indicator that you need to make a better character or improvements to the current one. I made 3 characters this league and only one would be considered "meta" (poets pen, golems, flicker) and none of them had any trouble with syndicate in 15s even. That said, I will say that my experience doesn't make it the general consensus but just as a rule of thumb with video games as a whole:

If the content is too hard, get better. Don't complain about it or want it nerfed. This mentality is a disease that has been plaguing video game design for a while now and it's sad tbh. Difficulty promotes longevity and long term satisfaction/sense of accomplishment, but I will agree that it has to be within reason because if not, the snowflakes complaining will just leave and that ends up losing developers money.

If you aren't a fan of the current league but love the game as a whole like we all do, just be patient and wait for the next one. GGG puts out content at a ridiculous pace, maybe you'll enjoy the next one more. It's literally impossible to please everyone at once.

You see all these posts filled with negativity, but people are more likely to be vocal when they don't like things. Don't overlook the fact though that the people complaining are the vast minority. People are much more vocal when they are unhappy about something than when they are happy with it. Ever work a customer service job? How often do people call to complain about things? 90% of the time, but that is by no means the majority of the customer base. No one ever calls in to customer service to be like "hey I just wanted to tell you guys that you are doing a great job"

Just because a majority of the posts here are bitching about betrayal, don't be deluded into thinking that a vast majority of the player base didn't have a blast playing this league.

2)Delve: I see the points given and agree with some of them, for instance the 3 nodes per map for Niko argument. However. 2 main things need to be remembered here.

Delve is an old league. It is not the current league mechanic nor will it be the next one. If you're sad that you can't just easily run delve full time, get over it. They didn't spend all the time and resources to make all this new content repeatedly for people to just run old content and bitch about not being able to completely avoid the newer relevant league content.

That said though, they do want to make it a "part" of the overall game experience and you have to take into consideration one major thing when complaining about this scarab/sulphite nerf.

The new league mechanic will include scarabs and sulphite in with it.

You can see in the screenshots they have posted already that there are scarabs above some of the memories as well as masters.

Before you all lose your shit, wait and see what actually happens in regards with the new league and drop rates first.

3)Rewards: I'm completely with everyone on this one though, the rewards for the mastermind were totally not worth even doing in relation to how it screws your board up in addition to how long it takes to unlock. With betrayal going core but the reduced spawns of the encounters, there is literally going to be no reason to ever do it. The "shuffle" of the board is just as bad as a full reset.

4)Veiled mods: I'd agree that the actual mechanical process of unveiling everything got a little tedious after a while. I do think that there is room for improvement on ways to streamline that process (think how they added the book to ID uniques in D3 instead of manually one by one).

The new crafting mechanics look amazing tbh though and it did make me think of one thing as a footnote.

All of these ridiculous new implicits, the fact that lab enchants don't override implicits anymore, and the overall reworking of a ton of skills along with the new additions leads me to this final thought.

The power creep is real with this coming expansion
, and to everyone crying about syndicate, it may not end up even being an issue. You should wait and see what they end up giving you before you start rioting about shit.

Funny how some noobish casual barely played the league, tells us we are all noobs. Did you ever play a T15-16 5-8 mod map while fighting a boss and Intervention pops up? Or Breach ends in a Fortification encounter
You know I had 2 98 and 1 level 100 this league and they have not been some cheap shitty glasscanon, I got at least 10+ times 1 shotted by the betrayal encounters. Let me guess all those HC 1 shots, those people have been noobs right?

Pathetic and bootlicking.

Lol I'm a casual? I play/stream 40+ hours a week. I've had multiple clips in highlight videos. Multiple 90+ characters. Did all endgame content. What exactly are your certifications for not casual?

I choose not to do certain things because I don't enjoy them. For instance, I didnt run any pure stones because I had no desire to.

Yes, I ran multiple t16 elder maps with 5x sextants and 8 mods and had to deal with syndicate things.

Did I die multiple times this league?
Yes

Was it because of my own stupidity?
Yes

Was your reply from the same mental deficiency?
Yes

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires