Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

I in no way think the sulphite scarabs are going to be 'bad' now, but I would still like to see a fixed three per Niko spawn.
"
HoobertFlinkel a écrit :
The game has a lot of power creep and if there going to fix it, either that will be in massive nerfs or in introducing harder encounters and for those comparing them to bosses people whined and complained last time they tried to make all bosses harder across the board.

I don't want to play a mindless clear speed meta like it was back when vaal spark was all everyone did (though I never played it because... why). If things like betrayal smash those builds and force a little more balance into people's builds that is a good thing.

You see, this is where I see the problem with Betrayal.
I completely agree with you arguing against power creep and asking for more balance, but to me it felt like the opposite happens with mechanics like this.

Instead of having more balance, essentially all not-excellent builds got completely smashed in Betrayal (I tried to experiment, e.g. with lower damage or non-aoe builds, but especially research encounters were a nightmare without a high clear-speed build; actually, fortification was hard with those unending monster masses, too) while the standard builds still melted everything. So in the end, it felt (to me as non-expert, I have to say) like it reduced build viability.

I am fine with good builds being good, but all non-clearspeed builds feeling... useless (instead of just not optimal), was not fun. Therefore, the mechanics going core the way they are makes me worry that all builds in future leagues need to be able to counter Betrayal encounters.

Of course, all leagues have "their" builds, but when they go core afterwards you don't really have to engage with the mechanics (e.g. just don't delve/incursion, or just don't trigger the breach/abyss), meaning builds that can't deal with it well can just ignore it, or only do part of it to get some rewards. But it is hard to not engage when getting ambushed or following an abyss into a transport or fortification, and you get NO reward if you don't finish the encounter.
And the rewards of some safehouses were (and probably still will be) so much more valuable than most other content that players who don't engage with it miss out.

In the end, the clear-speed focus has now moved from just being "meta", to being required, and that feels like a limitation in build-variety to me.
Dernière édition par ArgentumWulf, le 21 févr. 2019 20:03:43
Well, nerfing heavily damage of sindicate's members on red maps and giving to us better options of manipulating the syndicate, it would be a great addition to game
"
Nephalim a écrit :

Please reconsider the sulphite scarab nerf or at least implement ways for synthesis league to help the player get sulphite.

They showed on the Synthesis page the image of the memory map thing and in the Global Mods section, it shows monsters being able to drop breach splinters, fossils, and elder items. I think they might also support monsters dropping sulphite which would be great as it would allow for a smooth intake of sulphite. Of course, I don't know for sure that sulphite will be included but it would make sense.
"
xThOrNiCuSx a écrit :
hate this

I'm sure GGG really value your feedback.
"
Redblade a écrit :
"
while Sulphite Scarabs are 60-70% less effective depending on tier.

Say what? Suplhite scarabs were the only thing making proper delving possible. How about fixing so people can't farm fossils for days on one daily instead of destroying the ability to delve at deeper depths?

Can't even put words to describe my utter disappointment at this moment.

Totally agree.
Holy moly thats impressive, and I mean that in a shit way

honestly, I wish betrayal league was just gone. Really hate this being core.

I explain why:

1) Fighting against syndicate members its bad, boring, dangerous and give us a consistent 95% crap reward.

2) The veiled system is awful and tedious. Bad and boring. ( again ).
Taking veiled items to jun to "unveil" ( 99% some crap mode ) was something I stopped doing in my first days of league. So sad this is going core. Don't tell me I need to keep unveiling items for the rest of my life? omfg

3) A GOOD point about the entire betrayal league was the op breachstones to rush level 100 and you NERFED. I can imagine it'll be so hard to make a uber breachstone past 3.6 or expansive as fuck so why keep it in the game anyway?

4) Another good point: Some good SCARABS. Like Sulphite scarab. Oh, you're nerfing right? ROFLMAO

It's a disaster.

Good job GGG you basically keep all the crap shit and the bad part of the league exactly like it is and nerfed/removed the good ones.

Glad I didnt bought any support pack, once again. ^^

Waiting to GGG be more serious about keeping this game fun... it's being a while.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Dernière édition par imLuCaSsS, le 21 févr. 2019 20:00:51
"
jrv209 a écrit :
"
Nubatack a écrit :
How the fuck rewards are not adjusted based on zone lvl?

ya, I'm absolutely baffled that they nerf deep delving, but it sounds like low level delve/fossil exploiting, err, I mean farming will still be a thing.

We don't yet know if they'll address low level delve farming. This manifesto is relative to Betrayal league features as they transition to core.
"
ArgentumWulf a écrit :
Therefore, the mechanics going core the way they are makes me worry that all builds in future leagues need to be able to counter Betrayal encounters.

Yep, that's another thing.
With Betrayal encounters being way harder than most mapbosses and us now having to deal with 3 of them in a single map, including a guaranteed Intervention dropping on top of you?
Really looking forward to those maps, i really do :D
"
imLuCaSsS a écrit :
Holy moly thats impressive, and I mean that in a shit way

honestly, I wish betrayal league was just gone. Really hate this being core.

they moved themselves into a corner by attaching the new crafting system to the league mechanic so it had to go core immediately. i guess, like so often, they were convinced that whatever they poop out is so magnificent that it can be dumped on the heap of existing league mechanics and it will be fine.

it's also great how they removed the "boring grind" of master missions and replaced it with an even more tedious grind for garbage items. the first implementation was at least deterministic. whatever ggg touches gets another layer or two of rng slapped on.
Dernière édition par dachoppa, le 21 févr. 2019 20:04:25

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires