[3.5-3.12 + 3,18 HC] Pure Herald of Agony Jugg. All content. Videos+Link to 3.14 & 3.15 Updates

"
ClintonCreighton a écrit :
@Orion72

I'm interested in learning more about your Champion version. Could you post a quick list of what your end game skill link set up would be and what uniques you intend to use?

I looked at your character and noticed that you are not using a Calamitous Visions. Is it still worth using?

Cheers!

I am still working out some of my pathing choices and trying some variations--once I have it more figured out, I will probably post a full guide. For now though I am happy to offer some preliminary ideas and advice here.

Re: Calamitous visions--Definitely worth slotting if you can get your hands on one. I play hc, and those tend to be unavailable or very expensive.

There are currently two verisons I am working on. The basic one is very similar in set-up to the Jugg, with slightly different pathing on the tree. We use Kaoms with a 6L helm and 6L gloves and Thief's torment ring.

The other will do approximately 40% MORE damage, but has more restrictive requirements. Instead of a 6L gloves, we use a 6L quill rain in which we slot barrage>LGOH>Poison>GMP>Faster attacks>Withering Touch. In the glove slot, we use a triad grip with only 3 sockets, all white (which reduces our options for gems). A 3W triad grip is enough to give us 100% chaos conversion on the crawler, which causes the bonus damage from withering touch to go from 36% to 90%. This is the version I am currently experimenting with and I can tell you that the difference is dramatic.

I am continue to tinker with optimal pathing and hope to have something put together in the next few days. In the meantime, my profile is open. The dead level 95 (Died to trialmaster because I attempted the fight without studying video of it first, like a dummy) is O_Corrupting_Agony_O. The pathing used there was fine, but I think maybe not quite optimized. The current character is up to level 74 at the moment and is named O_Trial_Fight_Fair_O and will, I think, end up with a more optimized tree.

Happy to check in intermittently and answer questions as they come up.

-O
I tried the Jug version in heist and its my highest level toon. Just started the Champ one and its going good so far. Couple of things i think I've noticed from the layout on O_Trial_Fight_Fair_O - will the volley fire jewel work where it is. I only see 30 dex in range.

Also maybe a kaoms with the You take 50% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes corruption would push the 1 shot damage needed even higher. Anyway thanks for the build - i really like not dying lol.

nm for the volley fire - didn't realize its in range not necessarily used

Borgold
Dernière édition par Borgold, le 24 avr. 2021 11:07:43
Always happy to hear of folks enjoying the builds. Good coruptions on the Kaoms are definitely a plus, though not necessary to get a long way into red maps.

Most Welcome, Good Luck!

-O
"
Orion72 a écrit :

The other will do approximately 40% MORE damage, but has more restrictive requirements. Instead of a 6L gloves, we use a 6L quill rain in which we slot barrage>LGOH>Poison>GMP>Faster attacks>Withering Touch. In the glove slot, we use a triad grip with only 3 sockets, all white (which reduces our options for gems). A 3W triad grip is enough to give us 100% chaos conversion on the crawler, which causes the bonus damage from withering touch to go from 36% to 90%. This is the version I am currently experimenting with and I can tell you that the difference is dramatic.

-O

Why only 3 socket triad? Also Im assuming we make it white by Vorici only?

currently doing the champion version because I had all the uniques dropped for this build. Just need to farm the cluster jewels.
"
tiasim a écrit :
"
Orion72 a écrit :

-O

currently doing the champion version because I had all the uniques dropped for this build. Just need to farm the cluster jewels.

TLDR: Because it's easier than trying for 4W.

If the triad has four sockets and one of them is not white, then the crawler will not do 100% chaos damage--the gloves will be less effective. It is possible to get a 4W triad via temple double corrupt, or via Vorici 4 (3+Cat kill). It is (theoretically) significantly easier to hit 3W on a regular Vorici 3, which should come in 1 time out of 3, or a Vorici 4 which will come in 2/3.

-O
"
tiasim a écrit :
"
Orion72 a écrit :

-O

To add to what was already mentioned, the Agony Crawler comes with 40% Phys to Chaos conversion by default, so you only need 3 white sockets to get to 100%.

Edit:

Loving the build by the way, feels very strong already with a high ceiling (two more easy cluster jewels to fill, still using a lvl 18 Agony Crawler lol)
Dernière édition par ieatpillowtags, le 28 avr. 2021 09:26:46
Very glad you are enjoying the build! I am also having a good time focusing on my rework of it, (though I died again, this time from playing too many hours and losing focus during a red maps ultimatum) and will continue to tinker for a while before actually putting together the new guide. In the meantime, I will be checking back here for questions / progress reports.

Good luck!

-O
I have just started getting into yellow maps, but so far I've been able to ignore the league mechanics and just blast through everything with minimal risk. THe clear speed is amazing on open maps, and not too frustrating on tight ones once you get the hang of positioning the crawler.

The choice of Champion has felt very strong, especially in terms of damage and utility for party play, although the defenses feel a bit less automatic, if not necessarily weaker, than the Jugg did. I think maybe the passive regeneration of the Jugg helped when for whatever reason you can't rely on life-on-hit.

The first (and last!) time I followed your build was in Betrayal league, and I'm playing it again now for the same reason I tried it then, which is that the league mechanics put out so much unavoidable and spiky damage that the only option was to be able to face tank it.
Thx for the fast reply last time. Love how some people know their builds in and out. I'm wondering if you could check out my character if there is anything I can easily change in my current setup that makes the clear a bit faster? Character name is Tiasoso

I know the cluster jewels are missing but i feel currently my clear is not so fast even at lvl 18 gem. Running tier 4 maps for the clusters currently.
What makes this build fast? is my question

Also do you keep moving circles in ultimatums? I feel so scared standing still, afraid I'll get stunned and die within a second but maybe this fear is just in my head xD
"
tiasim a écrit :
Thx for the fast reply last time. Love how some people know their builds in and out. I'm wondering if you could check out my character if there is anything I can easily change in my current setup that makes the clear a bit faster? Character name is Tiasoso

I know the cluster jewels are missing but i feel currently my clear is not so fast even at lvl 18 gem. Running tier 4 maps for the clusters currently.
What makes this build fast? is my question

Also do you keep moving circles in ultimatums? I feel so scared standing still, afraid I'll get stunned and die within a second but maybe this fear is just in my head xD

The cluster jewels really are the most important (only) thing that increases the damage of the crawler with this passive tree. Increasing your max virulence increases both the damage and attack speed of the crawler, so its a significant quality of life difference when it is attacking monsters. A bad angle on his attack means less if he attacks again right away!

And don't forget that you are immune to stuns! I absolutely do stand in one place for most of the encounters, only moving to avoid things like lightning circles on the ground, etc.

Edit:

Oh hey by the way, I looked at your profile and I do have an easy change you can do! The Gluttony belt was used in the Juggernaut version of the build to self damage and trigger endurance charge generation. It doesn't really add anything to this build, and significantly reduces your defenses! Get a nice Stygian belt with a good jewel on it instead :)

I also realize that you are SSF, so the cluster jewels will be difficult. I think you are doing the best you can by taking minion nodes on the tree for now, but this will be a hard build to scale up in SSF I think.
Dernière édition par ieatpillowtags, le 30 avr. 2021 07:39:37

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires