[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

hey, thanks for the guide, been enjoying this build for my first league start.

this is my current character: https://pastebin.com/3jSK3AQN

Any tips on what to do next?
atm im progressing maps at t5/t6 building up to t7.
don't have mana leech yet, been contemplating running merc lab and hope to get lucky with boot enchant.

*edit*
also trying to find upgrades that will let me have some fire damage to spells in my build for flask effect.
what would be the easiest piece to find that on?
Dernière édition par EvilMaran, le 26 mars 2019 07:52:21
My eye jewel in my belt has both fire and cold to spells also some life because there's never enough.

First - thanks man for this thread. Going through and answering people's questions is doing some amazing work. Second - I'm at the point of trying to optimize. I can pretty reliably kill uber elder (have only bricked one set in the last 10) but have not done it deathless. At this point I think i'm running out of significant improvement chances, but would love your feedback. (I went for the purity of flesh node early because of str requirement to sinvicta weapon swap for rampage, which I make use of.) Overall I think my issue is "git gud" and that I make bad mistakes - but if you are seeing a critical gear flaw or glaring oversight, I would appreciate your feedback. I recently purchased an inpulsa from a friend (he bought a 5L when he should not have, and I did him a favor and bought it from him so he could focus on buying much-needed upgrades to every other slot), but I like bossing and am thinking i'm probably better off staying with the carcass jack unless I'm going to be speed clearing.

I know I need to change the brand recall setup - was just levelling the gem to sell, and otherwise still trying to get a lvl 4 empower, but it's less gem than anything else.

What should/could i craft on these weapons?
"
yalehomo a écrit :
First - thanks man for this thread. Going through and answering people's questions is doing some amazing work. Second - I'm at the point of trying to optimize. I can pretty reliably kill uber elder (have only bricked one set in the last 10) but have not done it deathless. At this point I think i'm running out of significant improvement chances, but would love your feedback. (I went for the purity of flesh node early because of str requirement to sinvicta weapon swap for rampage, which I make use of.) Overall I think my issue is "git gud" and that I make bad mistakes - but if you are seeing a critical gear flaw or glaring oversight, I would appreciate your feedback. I recently purchased an inpulsa from a friend (he bought a 5L when he should not have, and I did him a favor and bought it from him so he could focus on buying much-needed upgrades to every other slot), but I like bossing and am thinking i'm probably better off staying with the carcass jack unless I'm going to be speed clearing.

I know I need to change the brand recall setup - was just levelling the gem to sell, and otherwise still trying to get a lvl 4 empower, but it's less gem than anything else.

hey there bud, just curious whats ur tooltip dmg in game with storm (2golem and wrath??)
"
naimhairix51 a écrit :

hey there bud, just curious whats ur tooltip dmg in game with storm (2golem and wrath??)

8k (8.9k when i trigger arcane surge)

Tooltip damage on lightning spire is 16k.

I can do red elder deathless. I can do uber without bricking sets......this build leaves me no longer trusting in game tooltips :D

"
kinggamevn a écrit :
Thank you for this wonderful build , i was following it from your lvling post to this full guide , everything is so smooth for me lvling , guardian , shaper , uber elder down at first try ( last portal tho :D ) . and i just crafting a wand dps go up big .

Any case can you take a look to my charater for some improve that i can do ?

As I imagine you know, your biggest possible gain damage-wise is a second multimodded wand. You've got a choice to make there whether you want to go pure damage and make one that's basically the same as you've already made, or focus on clear speed by making a +gem levels wand (possibly even +1 synthesized base). Of course getting level 4 empower and level 7 brand recall is also a good start. Empower is spendy, but level 7 brand recall is affordable (a few up for 40-50c at the moment).

But there's other smaller things you can do first.

"Kraken Glisten" is a 2 property jewel. Should be easy to upgrade that. But maybe you'll want to use that slot to fix resists, because we should probably also look at swapping some other items, and jewels are easy to do last.

Your belt is pretty low on life, but super high on resist. That makes it hard to replace, but replacing it is worthwhile. There's two ways to go here. You can try to get a lot of resists and life on a stygian, or you can fossil craft to get damage on it (metalic + prismatic). Neither option is strictly wrong, just a question of how much you can make resists work.

Speaking of the belt, the abyss jewel in it is nice in that it activates both hypothermia and cinderswallow. But if you're at the multimodding a wand level of budget, you can probably afford one that does that, and also has a bigger life roll, or life and mana together.

An amulet that has good enough stats to allow you to craft either +1 min frenzies, or 30% effect of non-damaging ailments would be nice. Then try to turn it into a useful talisman type. All 3 tiers of talismans have useful outcomes, I discussed them a bit back on page 10.

Your gloves have nice life and mana rolls, but as we don't really have too many slots on which to pick up resists, having only the one resist roll on them is a little iffy. You might be able to keep them, but consider whether you want to use that slot to help fix resists as you're swapping other gear around.

Your boots are actually quite decent general purpose MoM boots. As a dodge focused build I do really highly recommend temple dodge boots though. Bumping up from 40% dodge to 52% dodge is a noticeable improvement in survivability. Boots are also potentially a damage slot if you manage to have enough resists that you can craft effect of non-damaging ailments on them as your suffix craft.

Your hat is nice. It doesn't result in as strong of a lightning spire as a 7-link hat would, obviously, but the added lightning to spells buffs up storm brand, so that's a fine trade-off.

You've got some max level gems that haven't been corrupted yet. May as well roll them dice.

For the most part your gear is looking good. Nothing screams out for an urgent fix, but of course there's always things to upgrade, aren't there.
"
EvilMaran a écrit :
hey, thanks for the guide, been enjoying this build for my first league start.

this is my current character: https://pastebin.com/3jSK3AQN

Any tips on what to do next?
atm im progressing maps at t5/t6 building up to t7.
don't have mana leech yet, been contemplating running merc lab and hope to get lucky with boot enchant.

*edit*
also trying to find upgrades that will let me have some fire damage to spells in my build for flask effect.
what would be the easiest piece to find that on?

As teknik1200 suggests, an abyss jewel is generally the best way to add a needed damage type to your hits. Getting both fire and cold on the same jewel is nice, but two different ones is fine too, abyss jewels aren't any worse than regular jewels for the build really, so two of them is fine.

I wouldn't spend the time trying to farm an enchant for those boots. I'd get good boots, then try to farm an enchant. Or just buy boots that are already enchanted. The merciless one is sufficient if you must, but uber lab is a lot more likely to be worth your time in terms of returning other good stuff out of the boxes at the end.

Here's a search for temple dodge boots, with prefix room to craft life (make sure they don't have a pure life roll already, hybrid life roll is okay). Tweak the resist total to suit your budget:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/rYX0z4HQ

Here's a search for decent already enchanted boots, again with room to craft life:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/MvVkrDcJ

This one looks promising:

Just over-write the armor craft with a life craft.

For the most part your setup is reasonable for a presumably shoestring budget. It would be nice to have more life. Jewels are maybe the place to look first for that fix, as most of your jewels have no life on them.

It looks like you're on your way down to acrobatics presently. You're going to want to have that before you start red maps. If you're still in T7 you're probably fine, but it is definitely okay to back out of some damage nodes (such as divine judgement) in order to get there faster.

You don't need max level vaal grace. You can use a lower level one to save on dex requirements as needed.

A 6-link yellow armor in place of tabula could give you more life. Here's a search for 6-links in your colors (can buy corrupted ones as long as colors are already correct) that have at least 80 life:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/XoMDqbuP

Not build/gear related, but also remember that buying maps is a completely fine thing to do. If your T6/7 maps are too easy, you can earn more money faster by jumping yourself up to higher tiers.

I buy maps every league, complete my atlas as fast as possible, then turn around and sell maps. The selling maps part is more profitable earlier in the league, but all loot is better value in higher maps, not just the map returns, so it is worth jumping up if you can.
"
yalehomo a écrit :

Inpulsa is a good bossing chest too, but a 6L carcass is better than a 5L inpulsa. The damage you get from inpulsa's increased effectiveness of shock isn't correctly interpreted by PoB (which is why you see me use a flask to manually calculate shock in my PoB), but it is more damage than carcass jack.

Your gear is solid all around, but of course there's always room to upgrade.

Your wands are decent, but I'm not sure I'd have spent the 1ex each crafting fee for the top tier of the spell/non-chaos as chaos hybrid on those wands. That enchant was 4c last league, sadly this league it is very pricey. What's done is done, so no sense worrying about it I suppose.

Mana craft might be better than damage craft on gloves. Not strictly wrong to have the damage craft, but I almost always err on the side of more tank, and your mana pool is pretty small.

In the same spirit, I'd try to get an amulet with life and mana, and jewels with life, or abyss jewels with life + mana.

The amulet search I posted for kilo should work just as well for you:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/wpwlldFb

Another thing I mentioned in my response to kilo that applies to you is that the AoE nodes are of limited usefulness if you don't have inpulsa. Increasing the area of inpulsa's pops can really help with clear, but if you're running carcass jack you could liberate some points form area nodes to pick up some mana nodes (arcane will, for example).
"
Geliras a écrit :

What should/could i craft on these weapons?

They both already have an increased and an added prefix, so really the only craft available is lightning damage as extra chaos damage.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires