[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

Could you add Leveling Tree and more specific about Gem Links that would be helpful
"
zzat7 a écrit :
hey man! i've ran essence drain for 2-3 seasons now and i'm considering it doing next one too but I had a few questions for you from just scouting out all the current essence drain guides up and yours is the only one that I havent tried yet.

Firstly, how big is blight for damage? this season i ran into the issue of being basically unable to kill any true end game and just immediately being one hit even with 10-12k es at times and i contribute some of it to just taking way too long to kill certain bosses/exiles.

secondly, is this build viable on a trickster instead? I did a rough spread of a talent tree for it and it felt a lot smoother, you can get just about every important talent by level 80(including the free ones being used) and have about 20 left to play with for whatever you want, additionally you have a lot more natural faster cast rate which just feels better, especially early in the season when you're just spamming maps as fast as you can. while I understand you lose a ton of survivability from not being occultist, you get a ton of damage from trickster. (also having vile bastion when I used chayulas felt really wasteful)

third and lastly, have you tried out soulrend yet? the new chaos leech spell that has a ton of aoe on it yet? I was just curious if it'll basiaclly replace ED in future chaos builds since from watching videos it just looks a ton better for both map clear speed and sustain, although it's possible it's single target damage may be lower I haven't tried it myself yet.

Thx for any answers & take care!

oh quick edit!: where is your chaos resistance coming from in your gear? I don't actually see any outside of the ascendancy talents, and do you think the weapon you use is better than breath of the council?

Uff - okay.

Blight does a lot of damage actually. But most of your damage comes from Essence Drain, not blight.

The important thing about blight were the threshold jewels that increased all the damage the mob took during the first 2.xy seconds of Blight. Thats the main reason one uses it.

Since GG removed/changed that threshold jewel and rebalances all chaos skill around that change (thes will all deal more baseline damage now) I can't give you more information on that. We need to wait for the patch/season.

10-12kES seems like a lot - if you died to endgame bosses with that you propably did not play the game very well. ^^' I guess thats a bit blunt - but PoE has oneshot mechanics that kill you no matter how much ES/HP etc you have. Thats a core principle of the game - that one cannot invalidate player skill/encounter knowledge with gear. (or at least not past a certain point)
ED builds should never stand around and just channel blight. So - I dunno what to take away from your post here. ^^

No, this exact build is not viable on a trickster. You would be lacking a source of Wither currently. With the aforementioned changes to blight and chaos spells you could run the threshold jewels that the build uses (and will be changed) to benefit from there new/changed effect. Which will apply wither to things you blight. But as it stands: no - right now without the upcoming league changes this build is not viable as a trickster.

Also Occulstist does outperform Trickster in terms of damage on dot skills by a fairly large margin - due to the new Withering Presence nodes on the Ascendancy. Trickster is probs a bit easier to gear for since you could just run CI instead with an Evasion/ES hybird chest.

Chayula being a bit of a waste is a reason for this build to run Aul's instead, true. Which we do.

And no - I have not tried SoulRend yet since it is not yet in the game? How should I try this skill out? I do not work for GGG. :)

The weapon I use is better for this build compared to Breath of the Council - the build is kinda built around it. Please read the OP, it goes into detail what makes this weapon so good. Or better yet: read what the weapon does! :)

"
MK_Rei a écrit :
Could you add Leveling Tree and more specific about Gem Links that would be helpful

There is levelling stuff on page 2 of the guide!

Since Chaos Skills will get a major rework with the upcoming patch I will wait with any explanations etc for the changes to the skills.

Writing a wall of text or three now makes no sense if its going to be invalidated in a couple days.

take care o/
Yes I really excited for next patch and like to see how it will affect chaos skill and this build I'm really eager to try this on 3.6 after gathering enough currency but overall thank for the reply! but could you show me part 2 that you talking (Sorry If I Blind and not see in this guide)
Edit : I see it now should have seen it woops
Dernière édition par MK_Rei, le 2 mars 2019 07:49:06
Can't wait to see the updated guide for 3.6 ^^

Cyrix1337 take my energy!
waiting your changes looks good
Dernière édition par Ultras13, le 6 mars 2019 12:05:07
Think this is one of the best built guides for ED that I've seen. Maybe not the most in depth well written but as far as everything working together definitely the best end result.

Kind of annoying that we have to spend an extra skill point to get to cold hearted calculation now.

But I suppose it isn't the end of the world, still feels bad though.

Will Conc Effect be used with ED now? Does it modify the DoT component?

I also made this very artistic Gem progressions per zone and links chart for myself, sharing it if someone finds it useful. https://imgur.com/a/2qeA2QQ
Dernière édition par Fredd32, le 7 mars 2019 09:29:57
"
Fredd32 a écrit :
Will Conc Effect be used with ED now? Does it modify the DoT component?

It does not affect the DoT.
hey cyrix im just wondering are you updating the guide before tomorrow ?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires