[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Aim4MyHead a écrit :
Now that the passive tree is out, thoughts on trying to path to Prodigal Perfection? Seems like a pretty strong node and we're not that far away from it.

Also, using oils I assume we should be aiming for the Tranquility notable? Increased damage scaled on your increased ES.

These both look nice. Especially the damage bonus on Tranquility. But only if it counts Int (10 Int = 2% inc ES) as 'ES increases and reductions' and not just the mods and nodes that explicitly say 'N% inc ES'.
"
Kelvynn a écrit :
Hey guys!

I quit during the League of RNG Gated Crap and skipped the Cyclone League, which seems to be a very wise decision since I don't like melee :)

Checking out the new stuff for 3.8, I see that Occ got nerfed a bit and Scion looks better again. I see Marius finally broke 3k Int with some ungodly gear (grats!)

Considering playing in 3.8 but not sure. Some questions:

1. Was any of the Legion jewels that change the tree around them good for WI?

2. Did the Winter Orb nerf really matter?

3. What's the deal with the incubators? Are they of any specific use to us?

4. Anything else important I missed?

Heya! I figured you hadn't croaked cuz the site shows your last accessed date, which was Aug 9 last time I looked. But it's still good to (potentially) have you back.

1. Couldn't find any. There are a LOT of them. Note they turn off all of your non-notable passives, e.g., +10 Int and just change the notable ones.

2. No. And using channeled Cyclone in a 6S 2L staff is an awesomely improved game play experience probably comparable to a 5L/6L Winter Orb staff, but waaay more accessible. I cleared up to and including Shaper with Cyclone.

3. Some incubators are worth it once in the end game. E.g., Forebodings drop exalted shards. I would buy 9 of them at a time for 7-9c each, and just put them in every slot. I generally made ~20-30c profit per cycle. Made delving a bit less boring. However, I suspect prices in 3.8 will be very different.

4. Cyclone as WI channeled skill. Utmost Intelligence notable (8%, 40int). (Sadly, the brute force/fertile mind gems only convert the 40str/dec equivalent ones and not the 8% part.) Flesh and Stone for additional defenses. Probably more but I forget.

welcome back!!!!!
"
Graiaule a écrit :
4. Cyclone as WI channeled skill. Utmost Intelligence notable (8%, 40int). (Sadly, the brute force/fertile mind gems only convert the 40str/dec equivalent ones and not the 8% part.) Flesh and Stone for additional defenses. Probably more but I forget.

Cyclone actually works for WI? That's funny! And it's not super slo mo (staves are very slow)?

I saw the new Int cluster, that's cool. I see there was also a similar Str cluster in the Marauder area that could be converted with Brute Force, but it got moved out of reach in 3.8.

I hope Tranquility takes ES increases from Int into account - that would be the buff this build could really use to keep in touch with huge buffs to others these days.

And my first impression of the 3.8 mechanics is that it should finally make it worth to take both inc duration clusters. Which in turn means that the Scion Occ should definitely be better than the pure Occ.

Not sure about mana - no more mana leech. But then again, we may be able to just outregen everything. And there is a new node that restores 2% mana per kill near Ghost Reaver/rightmost socket.
Oh... Flesh and Stone - do I read it right that it auto-blinds everything on the screen? That would work well with +1 curse on Scion Occ and let you use dual curses on a 5L chest.

What to drop for it? AA?
"
Kelvynn a écrit :
Oh... Flesh and Stone - do I read it right that it auto-blinds everything on the screen? That would work well with +1 curse on Scion Occ and let you use dual curses on a 5L chest.

What to drop for it? AA?

Yeah, I switched out Arctic Armour. Then I crafted a 6L with 5 fusings (my first ever 6L craft), and swapped out F&S and put in Blind and AA back into my gear.

I remember now, I also used Steelskin while levelling up but replaced it with Immortal Call around Act 7. It did seem better than IC at lower levels though.

Cyclone's mana cost is 2 even at level 20. The Winter Orb version might be problematical though.

I did use 30% movement speed boots as soon as I could and I constantly use Adrenaline flasks while moving through mobs. Feels fast enough to me, and a vast improvement over stopping and starting.

I don't know if we need both increased duration clusters -- I just use one at 2550 int, and some other people running at higher int didn't use any IIRC.

Welcome back Kelvynn! We missed you. :)

I skipped last league but messed around with the Scion variant in Standard. Still debating playing this new league.
Hmm... what about facetanking with Cyclone? If you don't stand still, you lose some defenses (such as AA and Tukohama). Was that not an issue? I think I've seen somewhere that you can cyclone on 1 spot, but does that count as not moving?
"
SasoriOtoko a écrit :
Welcome back Kelvynn! We missed you. :)

I skipped last league but messed around with the Scion variant in Standard. Still debating playing this new league.

Hah, I've just found the League Statistics post from 3.7 - 33% of all players were using Slayer, and not far behind was Trickster. And almost nobody else played anything else because those 2 were more OP than anything in PoE history. I'm sooooo happy that I haven't wasted any time on that league. Hopefully that changes in this league. I like the new QoL features too.
"
Kelvynn a écrit :
Hmm... what about facetanking with Cyclone? If you don't stand still, you lose some defenses (such as AA and Tukohama). Was that not an issue? I think I've seen somewhere that you can cyclone on 1 spot, but does that count as not moving?

In practice, I didn't facetank with Cyclone -- I kept moving around the boss. Yes, you're always moving. I had Lunaris/Yugul in my pantheon. One thing about always moving is you know immediately you've been frozen, so I would pop a flask. Never died to a freeze. Stuns not an issue due to Occultist.

For bosses you really need to do as ranged, I did switch back to Winter Orb.

Oh, another thing that's changed is map sustain. It was very much better in 3.7. I actually jumped from T7 maps to T15, then worked my way downward. Only had to purchase a couple of red maps that just wouldn't drop.
Dernière édition par Graiaule, le 4 sept. 2019 21:17:19

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires