[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

Jeez dude, nice gear, congrats.
How is it working for you?
"
Rinoscope a écrit :
Jeez dude, nice gear, congrats.
How is it working for you?

It felt really strong for map clear, albeit a lil squishy. (gotta stay hyper mobile on those t13-15's) But single target just wasn't there for me like I saw in his uber elder video. My char would take 5-7 seconds to kill the red elder spawning portals where he was killing the uber portals in like 2-3 seconds. Not sure what I'm really missing in terms of damage other than a level 20 vicious on my bow over 16. I'm trying to roll an elder vaal axe now with fortify and bleed damage to try out melee.
Hi all!

I'm really interested in getting this build to work after getting bored with impale cyclone, and I'm having trouble working out a gladiator cyclone variant. My PoB for the character is here.

I have been using the bleed calculator to run the numbers, and I have been getting max val of like 10 million DPS, which does not match up with what I'm experiencing in game. I was running at about 1 million DPS on my previous build and it feels like I'm killing map bosses maybe 10-15 times slower. Can you point out what's going on? I am probably doing something very silly and I can't figure it out.

edit: I just fought a Colosseum boss and it did not seem 10-15 times slower, but also not that much faster than my impale build. I was doing most of my tests by fighting Merveil in Underground Sea (these are all unshaped). Maybe that had something to do with it? I was not being careful about what map mods I was running either-- if I wanted to be sure I'd need to just run white maps probably, but then I'd need to swap back to my impale build to compare.

edit2: Another possibility is that my estimated Impale DPS was vastly underestimated, although I did use the impale calculator floating around to insert a large "more" multiplier on an item in my impale PoB.

Dernière édition par instago, le 7 juil. 2019 16:17:31
Read the tooltip carefully:

"You can find this by hovering over MH Source Physical in PoB
This number is already increased by skill's base damage"

It's NOT MH Source Physical. The calculator also requires update which is tons of work (thanks multistrike) so it's not priority. If my own melee bleed becomes a success i will definitely make an update.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thanks so much for replying and for your work on the calculator! I feel so silly. I am looking forward to having a better shot at scaling this now that I can use the calculator as intended.
Dernière édition par instago, le 7 juil. 2019 17:22:32
Spoiler

Trying this build with some changes, having a lot of fun. My bow base is Maraketh because I want high aPS and movement speed implicit to zoom zoom, might hurt my damage but red tier feels fine for now. Have a Lethal Pride jewel that gives me:
"
92 Strength, 20% Fire res, 20% Armour, 10% reduced Damage from crit, 8% life and 20% phys
super worth it. Changed the craft on bow to "5% Damage per Frenzy Charge", gonna invest more into them charges now.

Not sure what should I do now because I can't seem to find a bleed DPS calculator that my caveman brain can use. Thanks for the guide OP, you always put so much work into it.
Dernière édition par oMySunshine, le 9 juil. 2019 00:28:05
Do you think Lioneye's Glare+ Slayer + Siege ballista= a viable option?
"
oMySunshine a écrit :
Spoiler
Spoiler

Trying this build with some changes, having a lot of fun. My bow base is Maraketh because I want high aPS and movement speed implicit to zoom zoom, might hurt my damage but red tier feels fine for now. Have a Lethal Pride jewel that gives me:
"
92 Strength, 20% Fire res, 20% Armour, 10% reduced Damage from crit, 8% life and 20% phys
super worth it. Changed the craft on bow to "5% Damage per Frenzy Charge", gonna invest more into them charges now.

Not sure what should I do now because I can't seem to find a bleed DPS calculator that my caveman brain can use. Thanks for the guide OP, you always put so much work into it.

The problem with Maraketh bow is low max dmg, Imperial is strictly better but i bet it's also more expensive to get. Karui jewel is good on basically any build due to powerful defensive nodes. I'm not including it in the guide since it's league specific atm. Attack speed craft is still superior to any increased damage, reaching maximum damage quicker will net you more damage faster and make more mobile at the same time. This is especially true with your passive tree that's packed with damage and little to no life (as a HC player, i'm triggered).

If you want directions, then you should first think what you want to do with the build. I noticed you tried plenty of combinations, but didn't stick to any in the end.

"
zhenyaowen a écrit :
Do you think Lioneye's Glare+ Slayer + Siege ballista= a viable option?

No, not for a bleed build. Slayer is strictly inferior to Gladiator at any point of the game. If you want to make a hit based build, then Siege Ballista is not very good other than extra dps on bosses.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides

How is this bow for starting this character ?

I always loved bleed builds and want to try something new before dropping legion entirelly.

I tried to make a SST bleed build ,but the damage wasn't there sadly, feelt really smooth because BloodXplosion really scale anything as long as i thas decent clear.
Dernière édition par kazzo92, le 15 juil. 2019 09:43:02
Hey there! I made a similar build before seeing your guide. The guide helped me take a few more things into consideration when building the character, so thanks for that!

One thing I noticed while building my character is that there seems to be a pretty sweet spot for Lioneye's Fall in the new tree, close to the Sword and Axe wheels in the Marauder area (see image below).

In that spot, Lioneye's Fall allows you to path towards Razor's Edge, Slaughter and Cleaving. Unfortunately, Cleaving is not affected by the jewel, but it's still worth taking due to the universal mods ("30% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments against Bleeding enemies" and "Bleeding you inflict deals Damage 15% faster"). Razor's Edge has another "Bleeding you inflict deals Damage 15% faster", allowing you to stack all instances of that mod from the tree (a total of 60% faster bleeding).

Do you think that would be worth it considering?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires