Delve Costing Changes

Thanks.
Sweet...all I need now is red tier map drops....
aww man i was super psyched for this patch - came home had 1000 Sulphur figured nice this will be enough for a lot of delves, first delve was 370 and i was like wtf this was like 150ish last nigth, looked at a longer one 550 ... so i was able to do 2 delves, i never liked grinding maps so this was not a good patch for me, i usually play the leagues till there is like a month left and then i move on and wait and see what comes next, but if i'm meant to grind maps to play the new content id rather just put PoE down for now.
"
Ashriel a écrit :
GGG should realize by now that people like delving, but hate everything that is required to experience it. Sulphite was dead on arrival, and these life support patches are embarrassing. It's dead guys. Time to draw the curtain and bury sulphite for good.

As was recently quoted by someone else:

"
The Azurite Mine is Path of Exile's first infinite dungeon. The deeper you delve, the harder the game gets. In Delve, you'll find encounters that are much harder than end-game Maps. Your progress is only limited by the power of your character build.

So I'll echo that: Bury the sulphite already and let our builds determine our delve. Or, alternatively, use it for something else. Spending sulphite on a delve before moving increases drop rates?
Dernière édition par bwfang1235, le 21 sept. 2018 16:03:57
All I'm reading is that you're adjusting gains again, and marginally tweeking costs.

The entire point of the feedback these last weeks is that the costs are out of touch, not the gains ( outside of people complaining about quarry ).

This doesn't address anything, if the net difference is that T16 is still regarded as where you have to be to maintain delves at a reasonable pace; which isn't reasonable at all even at T16 because the delve costs are absurd.

Reducing the cap from 30k to 18k makes zero sense, why are you reducing it now? You're only concerned with how often players have to go back to maps.

The longest delves are not the most profitable, because you can't vendor or carry back with you all of the loot that drops from larger delves. You're output, outside of getting high value currency drops ( if it happens ) will always be exactly the same no matter which delve you choose ( short, medium, long, stupidly long ) because your inventory space is finite ..and you can't vendor or stash items at the crawler.

This is like taking away stash access in the lab ...and then saying that the higher difficulties are more profitable ...despite not being able to carry the extra loot from larger and larger labs because you have no access to the stash. Seeing items drop on the ground is not wealth, being able to actually use those items to make money is wealth.

You can't do that if you have to leave it all on the ground.

[ Edit: It has come to my attention that GGG finally provided a fix for being able to return to previous nodes without it respawning the entire chunk of the mine. The feature is still obtuse and unmentioned / undocumented, but it is there, utilizing the same exact button that was used before to return to the camp. Leaving the camp though still resets the entire thing, unlike with mapping and your hideout. So still not totally fixed. And the other button next to it to return to campaign / hideout no longer shows up now. ]

Long delves are just an exponential waste of sulphite, and risk. Other factors like azurite gains don't even properly scale based on the length of the delve. And who the heck wants to deal with a broken loot filter ..or darkness damage....or trying to loot items underneath the crawler ...at the end of a delve? Certainly not one from the longer delves.

Edit: Holy crap, after patch my delves are now 50% more expensive than they were before, and those were already 3-6x larger than the patch yesterday. Wtf is wrong with this company.
Dernière édition par JoeShmo, le 21 sept. 2018 18:26:00
3x more sulfite gained.. 4x more spend...

(even with red maps, chiselled, alched, corrupted & attached sacrificed pieces...)

I'll stop playing until league improvement... (+50% or more)

I hope GGG gets the CLUE... 30 pages of complaints within 2 hrs of the update...
3x more sulfite gained.. 4x more spend...

(even with red maps, chiselled, alched, corrupted & attached sacrificed pieces...)

I'll stop playing until league improvement... (+50% or more)

I hope GGG gets the CLUE... 30 pages of complaints within 2 hrs of the update...
"
JoeShmo a écrit :
The longest delves are not the most profitable, because you can't vendor or carry back with you all of the loot that drops from larger delves. You're output, outside of getting high value currency drops ( if it happens ) will always be exactly the same no matter which delve you choose ( short, medium, long, stupidly long ) because your inventory space is finite ..and you can't vendor or stash items at the crawler.

This is like taking away stash access in the lab ...and then saying that the higher difficulties are more profitable ...despite not being able to carry the extra loot from larger and larger labs because you have no access to the stash. Seeing items drop on the ground is not wealth, being able to actually use those items to make money is wealth.

You can't do that if you have to leave it all on the ground.
You can access the stash and sell items infinitely, unless you get a disconnect or misclick, just switch back and forth between the mine entrance and the current delve. (Button on the top left in the Subterranean chart.)

It has been like this since the beginning.
"
codari1 a écrit :
GGG becoming something that you love to hate.

They screwed up big time with this %25 shit,
but man they listened the community and fix it in less than 8 hours,
this is a company i want to spend my cash for.

Thank you

They don't fix it. They break it further. It still two time worse than pre-patch.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
I was really looking forward to Delve, as the premise sounded really good. Infinite dungeon, great!
Then you realise that you have to jump through loads of hoops to make delving feel worth it at all.

The implementation style is far more disruptive than Incursion and felt far less rewarding. Plus with the inclusion of the net mechanic from Bestiary, which was awful!
As for the Azurite, I quickly felt I was simply playing to feed a machine, not for the fun of it. Upgrade flares, upgrade dynamite, upgrade fuel capacity, upgrade darkness resistance... the list felt endless. And I found chasing negative resistance numbers, just to survive, demoralising.
No, I don't want 'easy mode', before some troll shouts at me, but is it too much to ask for a game to be...fun anymore?

Honestly, I actually stopped playing Delve after 4 or so days and went back to Standard, which felt odd after playing exclusively league for all of Incursion and Bestiary. In fact I took a break of about a week from POE altogether, and it's only because I couldn't find anything that piqued my interest sufficiently that I grudgingly came back.

After seeing all the patch notes popping up, I feel I made the right choice in abandoning Delve. I doubt I'll be coming back to Delve at all.

I wonder, Was Delved rushed out simply to meet the league deadline? And have you fired your entire QA dept? I pose the questions because not a great deal seems to have been ready for launch, and frankly some of the patch notes have been straight up embarrassing.

Honestly, I'm becoming rapidly disillusioned with the game.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires