Delve Costing Changes

"
Oblitus a écrit :
"
Med1umentor a écrit :
So many talks about how they make access to delve more easier to dump on us complete opposite by last patch... wtf?

When GGG promises buff, expect a nerf.

Its not funny and funny at the same time lol

I wanted to create a thread after I seen the manifesto change :

My experience with Delve : "Sory I,m too busy farming sulfite in maps" lmo
"
Chris a écrit :

Community feedback so far suggests that we were wrong about this.

self-critisism and insight...love it.
I think what is safe to say is that Delve has, for better or worse, highlighted an..."issue", if you will that PoE's endgame meta currently has.

It is clear that there is a great divide between players that overcome the initial hurdle and get into endgame maps and learn how to sustain, and those that do not. When league mechanics tie into that endgame map rotation, it highlights the gap. Delve does this more so than any other system.

It's also very apparent that a large portion of the, especially the more casual, playerbase expected Delve to be something they could do instead of maps to progress their characters, instead of an extension of maps.

The question is whether that portion of the playerbase would actually be satisfied and stay around if Delves had no significant opportunity cost, or could be run instead of maps "for free".

I would suggest that they would not.

Whenever you start debating the mapping system though, you need to question what you want from endgame in an ARPG. When people demand easier access to endgame, are they simply asking to circumvent progression? Are they playing the game "correctly", even?

What, exactly, would people want to play instead of maps?
I've been playing for a mounth Running Red tiers Vaaled and chiseled and yet no 16 map drop even thou I've opened some T11-16 maps Just increase the drop rate One T15 map in a mounth is not nice
I really don't understand whats so hard to for people to understand. MAPS/ATLAS are what the game is about, delve is an addition/side to mapping. Were people actually expecting to just get free/easy delves, loot and xp. If you don't like doing maps then its probably time to take a break and find something else to play.

If you're not running t15 maps you shouldn't have easy no effort required access to t15+ delve content.
I can not quite understand the logic behind all these changes to delves / sulphite gains at all.

You are making a temp league encouraging players to compete in an "infinite dept never seen before instance". And when people actually play it to their hearths fullest. You go ahead and kill it in one go. Please tell me GGG whats the point of making such changes to the league? Isn't it suppose to be the core mechanic that you want to attract players to your game?

You were not intended to make delving easy / farming sulphite easy / progressing in delves easy so lets gate it behind the maps. We have been doing maps god knows how many leagues now over and over now. This league's mechanic was just perfect refreshment for your game. Also for us the community. Why do you insist on such bad changes boggles my mind :O
Why don't they just reduce sulphite costs so everyone is happy ?
"
Iznuts a écrit :
I really don't understand whats so hard to for people to understand. MAPS/ATLAS are what the game is about, delve is an addition/side to mapping. Were people actually expecting to just get free/easy delves, loot and xp. If you don't like doing maps then its probably time to take a break and find something else to play.

If you're not running t15 maps you shouldn't have easy no effort required access to t15+ delve content.

They advertised it as an endless dungeon, where we can find limit of out builds. We got an endless map grind AGAIN.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
Miffy23 a écrit :
I think what is safe to say is that Delve has, for better or worse, highlighted an..."issue", if you will that PoE's endgame meta currently has.

It is clear that there is a great divide between players that overcome the initial hurdle and get into endgame maps and learn how to sustain, and those that do not. When league mechanics tie into that endgame map rotation, it highlights the gap. Delve does this more so than any other system.

It's also very apparent that a large portion of the, especially the more casual, playerbase expected Delve to be something they could do instead of maps to progress their characters, instead of an extension of maps.

The question is whether that portion of the playerbase would actually be satisfied and stay around if Delves had no significant opportunity cost, or could be run instead of maps "for free".

I would suggest that they would not.

Whenever you start debating the mapping system though, you need to question what you want from endgame in an ARPG. When people demand easier access to endgame, are they simply asking to circumvent progression? Are they playing the game "correctly", even?

What, exactly, would people want to play instead of maps?

Mapping system is fine until T11+ maps, then u hit a wall in being able to acquire the maps for the next tier. At least, for me, this has always been the issue since Atlas was introduced. I have no problem with sustainability, it is the 2+ weeks of endless grind just to get the atlas filled out that causes me to quit leagues.

Content progression shouldn't feel like you HAVE to buy the items required to unlock the content. Sure make it somewhat grindy, but when I am farming a tier of maps for 2 or more weeks and fail to be able to progress without having to buy maps, there is something wrong with the progression side of mapping.

I don't care if Delve is tied into mapping. But I'm not gunna spent that amount of time to get to T16 maps so I can efficiently farm sulfite.

They did fix this (somewhat) with the new Zana mods, but it still relies solely on RNG.. I spent over 20 maps on T9 trying to roll one specific map to complete the tier.

True, for some people the process is easy. For others it is frustrating. For me it is the reason I finish playing a league after a few weeks, because I cannot progress any further because of RNG.
"Don't Tread on Me"
"
Iznuts a écrit :

The problem with your statement is, Delve is suppose to test your build. Instead it tests your RNG. If you have good RNG then you succeed in Delve, if not, then you get stuck at whatever map tier you were able to reach, even though your build can do higher level content. This isn't what GGG intended. They intended you be able to get to T16 maps easily and then test your build in delve. But since map drops are based on RNG, it isn't about testing your build, it is about how good RNG is to u.
"Don't Tread on Me"

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires