[3.6] Angry Walrus | CI Aegis Aurora 60-100k Armor | Super Tank

Hello RPGlitch,

thanks a fuckton for the awesome guide!
I'm playing in HC Delve, I switched to Aurora at lvl 75, so far it's awesome, I "feel" the immortality of this build :D

I had to make up for the more costly items with some variation so my total ES is quite low, anyway acoording to PoB I should reach a confortable 7k ES when I'm fully leveled and have more ES jewels, still the mechanics works so good I could do a t3 map with reduced armor AND reduced block chance, I was still immortal when my granite+jade+topaz flasks were up and in "minor" danger if kept unflasked, I saw my ES go down to around 50% on a couple of occasions before getting back up immediately xD

I'm at depht 88 now, I noticed that in Azurite encounters you start getting a lot of "cold" stacks, is there a way to remove them? I saw that 10 stacks degen you super fast, so everytime I see them I jump into a pack and get hit to compensate, until the stacks wear off, yet I feel this can be a real danger xD

Here are my items, maybe someone willing to try this build without investing over 100c per 2 items (gloves and helmet) and over 180c for Astramentis, I got Alpha for 1c and the amulet for 4c:

To-be-optimized flasks (still no curse flask, no need for freeze flask thx to Alpha's Owl):

Major "quality of life" jewel (bought for the corruption but the increased fire damage helps SR so...)

Stats in ho unflasked are 4.6k ES, 75/80/76 resists, 25k armour
flasked goes to 81/86/82 res, 67k armour

About the pantheon, you only mention to get Solaris, what about the minor gods?

I use Ralakesh (for now, unupgraded) but I feel that Yugul could be a powerhouse in Delve, what's your take? :D

Hope to read you soon!
I'm curious as to what jewels you use. do you use them for dps or to help get some more block/life
I imagine you're asking me, since OP's jewels are in his PoB:

I just unlocked another jewel slot, will add another jewel, the only stat I really need is flat ES, I'll be looking for burning damage/dot/fire damage and eventually, a resistance to keep cap out ele weakness maps just in case

Block jewels imho are not needed, even OP's pastebin has 58% chance to block, I have 56% because my Watcher's Eye has 6% instead of 8%

Anyway ho cares, right? Since Violent Retaliation keeps chance to block at capped 79% after 23 stacks, I found out yesterday that "20% reduced block chances" on maps only makes me need 43 stacks to cap xD
"
KalidhoS a écrit :
Hello RPGlitch,

thanks a fuckton for the awesome guide!

Hey, glad you like it! Now for the questions!

"
I'm at depht 88 now, I noticed that in Azurite encounters you start getting a lot of "cold" stacks, is there a way to remove them?

There isn't a way to remove the azurite debuff. The way delves were created, there is a specific mob in delve that counters every build in the game.

In our case, the azurite spiders, are meant to counter speed runners and face tankers from running to the end of each delve, and ignoring everything.

The best way I've found to deal with them besides jumping into packs is to stack a bit of extra regen.

I have my gloves enchanted with 'word of light' you can get from lab 1. That drops a consecrated ground when crit, and since we get hit all time we drop that like all the time.

You can also hit merc lab a few times to get regen enchant for the boots. And I usually pop an enduring cry or two, if I feel I'm getting low.

If you can't get the lab enchant, you can also have consecrated ground as an extra flask. Vaal Discipline is also another option, but I find it doesn't help much, since your tanking everything all the time and you need to kill things for it to be active.

"
About the pantheon, you only mention to get Solaris, what about the minor gods?

I use Soul of Tukohama. For the extra 2% regen and even more phys reduction for deeper delves.

Yugul is a close second, but I find the regen more useful for most situations. We aren't always up against cold damage, and the 5% cold mitigation is for the most part negligible.

If a hit is gonna hurt. It still hurts with it on xd.

Also, I've noticed you have a level 17 vengeance on your weapon. You'd want to use a lvl 1 reckoning. It's more consistent on proccing your fortify and won't obliterate the mobs attacking you.

At depth 600 my lvl 1 reckoning was afk killing the mobs, which was hilarious, but that can be bad if your in an encounter where you need the little guys to stay alive.

T3 Azurite Nodes, IE, don't respawn mobs. So you gotta keep some alive, for safety against w/e boss appears.
(⌐■_■)
Thanks for the answers, really appreciated!

I just ripped to Haunted Mansion boss, on level 83, I'm still laughing about it xD

I got my 5k ES depleted by a single fireball, I didn't press my anti-burn flask apparently (I just checked my char, flasks 1 2 3 are used while flasks 4 and 5 (this is anti burn) are not used :(
Tried to exit to char selection while was super depleting, but hit microtransaction button xDDD

I'll reroll now, it's too fun to play (got to depht 100 tonight in Delve and it's a blast!), this time I'll make sure my Shaper gloves won't be corrupted, so I can enchant them, consacrated ground is always welcome xD

Cu soon!
"
KalidhoS a écrit :
I just ripped to Haunted Mansion boss, on level 83, I'm still laughing about it xD

Aww. That sucks. Oh well.

Well, if you are interested. I'm working on a modified version of the build with HoWA, that I mentioned earlier in the thread.

It's more end-game friendly, and should let everyone do all content easily, on a semi-tanky aegis. Just need to still tinker-fix the resistances a bit and it's all set to go.

9k ES, 30k Armor with no flasks, 500k+ dps.

https://pastebin.com/Xp4AUgar

It's about 100k per molten ball. I can only guess it's roughly 500k+ dps since we are spewing multiple balls. Not sure how people normally calculate these things.

Good thing is we have 4k leech, in this version. So degens and Uber Elder are well within our range to complete without too much difficulty. Bad thing is you need a watcher's eye to get decent ES values, so that's gonna run up the cost a bit.

I might switch to this version at a later time if I decide to try to hit lvl 100, but till then, it'll be a work in progress. Just want to put this here for people interested.
(⌐■_■)
I definately am interested xD
And already over lvl 40 with my new toon, by tonight I'll be back in maps to show the glory of Aegis xD

Coincidence maybe, I leveled with the meta Molten Strike this time, with a tabula it's a walk in the park everywhere I go xD

Btw since I play HC, how much "less tanky" will this be?
Is Delve 1000+ still doable with this variation?

EDIT: Oh I see, 38% block chance... prone to 2 shots in higher level Delves, RNG is a bitch
Considered adding a Rumi for kistarting the block stacks from Vengeance?

And, why only one Wildfire jewel?
2 more balls mean more screen cover and more consistent damage... at least to me, but I'm not the one making guides, "I am the one who asks xD"
Dernière édition par KalidhoS, le 15 oct. 2018 07:22:56
"
KalidhoS a écrit :
I definately am interested xD
And already over lvl 40 with my new toon, by tonight I'll be back in maps to show the glory of Aegis xD

Coincidence maybe, I leveled with the meta Molten Strike this time, with a tabula it's a walk in the park everywhere I go xD

Haha, yeah. I've been leveling new toons using a meta double poet's pen. It's also been a lot easier on my sanity.

"
Btw since I play HC, how much "less tanky" will this be?

Hard to tell till I play it, but 30k armor and 38/38 block is a noticeable damage difference, when you get hit a few times.

You'd have to play it like most meta builds and try to avoid getting hit by things once you hit 550+. It'll just be more forgiving then most builds, if you screw up.

"
Is Delve 1000+ still doable with this variation?

It's doable, but you'd have to be a lot more careful. The tankiness of this HoWA Aegis somewhere above that of neblouch jugg, but neblouch jug dies a lot if it ever gets hit a few times.

We'll be in roughly the same boat if we get bad block rng.

"
EDIT: Oh I see, 38% block chance... prone to 2 shots in higher level Delves, RNG is a bitch
Considered adding a Rumi for kistarting the block stacks from Vengeance?

Yeah, rumi's will BiS. It'll also probably help to get a 30+ ES gain on hit Watcher's Eye.

"

And, why only one Wildfire jewel?
2 more balls mean more screen cover and more consistent damage... at least to me, but I'm not the one making guides, "I am the one who asks xD"

Ah, that's just a slight mistake on my part. Just forgot to add it in when I was trying to fix the resistances. You want 2 wildfires.
(⌐■_■)
----nothing----
Dernière édition par Beskaius, le 19 oct. 2018 16:58:46
Hi There.
Can we maybe switch from SR to Agony is really insane. for leveling right now
I link Agony with pierce-Minion Speed-Minon Damage-Vicious-Damage on Full life
maybe use Wasp net for the poison
maybe this help
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039
is mana a problem we could use Soul taker
Dernière édition par JuhlDk, le 20 oct. 2018 07:19:30

Signaler