[3.6] Angry Walrus | CI Aegis Aurora 60-100k Armor | Super Tank

Welcome and Salutations.

This is a weird 100% hipster CI Aegis Aurora Scorching Ray Gladiator with 85k Armor and 9-12k ES that I made specifically for fossil hunting and deep delving. Yeah, I didn't think that combination was possible either.

It's not a great bosser or mapper because of it's low dps, but if you don't have the reflexes of a cat and have bad lag. It'll pretty much keep you alive, during all encounters.

Most of the defenses are automated, so you can afk and get a cup of tea through hordes of enemies as long as there aren't extremely crazy mods.

It doesn't matter how many mobs are attacking you or whatever is happening. You stand there, and facetank everything.

Patch Notes 3.6 Update
-A lot of new spells. I'll do some testing, but SR should still come out on top, at first glance.

-Might tweak the skill-tree in the next few weeks for the new passives, but the build functions fine with the current skill-tree.

-Cerberus limb is BIS for weapons.

Videos:
Skill Tree
Spoiler
lvl 88 Skill Tree - with a lvl 3 Enlighten Gem
https://pastebin.com/4nVXArK0
http://poeurl.com/b5UN

lvl 92 Skill Tree - with a lvl 4 Enlighten Gem
https://pastebin.com/rqk1pXp6
http://poeurl.com/b5U7

Gear:
Spoiler

Mapping Gear:
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Pantheon
Spoiler
Solaris for Critical Strike Immunity

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill All

Leveling
Spoiler
You should start with any generic gladiator build. Personally, I did [3.4] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave, and then respecced into this build once I hit level 80-90 and obtained all the gear and enough regret orbs.

Delve Strategy
Spoiler

For most encounters you'll be phase running or flame dashing through most hordes of enemies. Our low dps doesn't usually allow us to kill them all before the crawler leaves, so we run past them. If we want the exp, we can always kill them after the delve. We make use of frostwall once there are too many enemies chasing after us that it becomes inconvenient.

Now for the dangers. There are 3 threats you should be aware of when deep delving besides the usual hard hitting delve mods (12% elemental penetration, 100% extra fire damage etc...). These are the ones I'm aware of at depth 553.

1. Corrupting Blood. Azurite Version.

At lower depths, certain spiders will apply a debuff that slows your movement and does a degen similar to corrupting blood that stacks on you 10 times. This degen can be dangerous 1000+ degen if you have a full 10 stacks and you aren't getting hit by enemies.

Use frostwall to block them off and flame dash to run past them. The duration is pretty short, so as long as you get away, it goes away pretty fast. If you can't get away, target fire the spiders you see around you till, the debuff is gone.

2. Turong

Turong (azurite doggy) are the second major threat at lower delves. When stacking multiple elemental mods and/or elemental pentration, their tail swipe can easily chunk out 5-8k energy shield with one swipe. Target fire them with scorching ray.

As long as you aren't doing a 1v1 with a turong. Your relatively safe because of all the blocking you are doing. If you find yourself surrounded by multiple Turong in a rippy delve. Put your back against a wall if possible and use frostwall to cut them off from getting too close.

3. Shock Damage

Shock is dangerous at lower delves. 50% increase damage is a death sentence. If you see the shock debuff on you, you should press the flask to remove it. Or your in for a bad time.
(⌐■_■)
Dernière édition par RPGlitch, le 7 mars 2019 08:30:36
Dernier bump le 24 sept. 2019 07:40:40
Have you consider using physical spells like BV or GC instead of SR ? Gladiator ascendancy grants 8% global physical damage on block for 10 sec, in your video you get like 400 stacks, that means 3200% damage and can be quite insane.
Just sit in the mobs for 10 sec to charge up your damage and then cast spells to wipe them out, this may solve the problem of low dps of your build.
"
Oberver a écrit :
Have you consider using physical spells like BV or GC instead of SR ? Gladiator ascendancy grants 8% global physical damage on block for 10 sec, in your video you get like 400 stacks, that means 3200% damage and can be quite insane.
Just sit in the mobs for 10 sec to charge up your damage and then cast spells to wipe them out, this may solve the problem of low dps of your build.

This could work. Let me do some tests.
(⌐■_■)
I did some tests. BV worked alright. We could actually grab some leech with Ghost Reaver, but it felt really clunky to map with. Also, for some reason made delves more non-safe.

A lot of things explode when dead and BV makes it so if we kill everything all at once (We hit 5.6 million dps with 400 stacks of Violent Retaliation), sometimes we end up close to dead too if we don't ninja ourselves around like cats as the death animations start playing.

Killing things gradually with SR, seems safer, as a few explosions aren't likely to kill us. And we can systematically pick off the stronger mobs first, leaving weak, non-threatening ones left.

GC isn't possible because we don't have the mana sustain.

I did a few experiments with mjolner and static strike, it feels extremely good to map with, because of all the explosions, but the bossing is just abysmal and I couldn't figure a way of fixing that damage.

I even tried funky things like adding Herald of Agony and having the mjolner arc with poison support so all the bouncing arcs would maintain the 40 viral stacks, but for delving. It felt bad on certain map mods.

And downright dangerous because all of the small non-damaging mobs that help us sustain immortalility end up getting killed, leaving us with only the dangerous hard hitting mobs.

In the end, I just ended up switched up for mapping gear by equpping two pyre rings and a good burning wand. New dps is around 270k DPS which feels fine to map with on T15 and T16s.

We end up with around 7k ES, but we can easily switch back to our delving gear once all the mapping is finished
(⌐■_■)
Have you thought of using the new unique cerberus limb for the build?
"
RPGlitch a écrit :
I did some tests. BV worked alright. We could actually grab some leech with Ghost Reaver, but it felt really clunky to map with. Also, for some reason made delves more non-safe.

A lot of things explode when dead and BV makes it so if we kill everything all at once (We hit 5.6 million dps with 400 stacks of Violent Retaliation), sometimes we end up close to dead too if we don't ninja ourselves around like cats as the death animations start playing.

Killing things gradually with SR, seems safer, as a few explosions aren't likely to kill us. And we can systematically pick off the stronger mobs first, leaving weak, non-threatening ones left.

GC isn't possible because we don't have the mana sustain.

I did a few experiments with mjolner and static strike, it feels extremely good to map with, because of all the explosions, but the bossing is just abysmal and I couldn't figure a way of fixing that damage.

I even tried funky things like adding Herald of Agony and having the mjolner arc with poison support so all the bouncing arcs would maintain the 40 viral stacks, but for delving. It felt bad on certain map mods.

And downright dangerous because all of the small non-damaging mobs that help us sustain immortalility end up getting killed, leaving us with only the dangerous hard hitting mobs.

In the end, I just ended up switched up for mapping gear by equpping two pyre rings and a good burning wand. New dps is around 270k DPS which feels fine to map with on T15 and T16s.

We end up with around 7k ES, but we can easily switch back to our delving gear once all the mapping is finished

I see the problem with BV is that you want to keep trash mobs alive to heal you but BV kills them all. How about CWC GC, you can focus fire with it while keeping trash mob for heal and damage boost. As long as you using a lv1 SR there won't be any mana problem. Once the tough mobs are dead a Vaal BV should be able to wipe all the remaining mobs.
"
StarMasterMaster a écrit :
Have you thought of using the new unique cerberus limb for the build?

Yup, I did calculations as soon as I saw the new item. If I remember correctly it'll give you around 83 flat ES and 328 armor. Which translates to roughly 1600 armor, and 500 ish ES once we add all the bonuses on our tree.

I decided to go with Ephemeral Edge, because it gave about 1000 ES. And I figured the extra HP would be more useful against ele damage.

"
Oberver a écrit :
I see the problem with BV is that you want to keep trash mobs alive to heal you but BV kills them all. How about CWC GC, you can focus fire with it while keeping trash mob for heal and damage boost. As long as you using a lv1 SR there won't be any mana problem. Once the tough mobs are dead a Vaal BV should be able to wipe all the remaining mobs.

Let me check the numbers again. I did some calculations for a cwc set-up a few days ago, but last I remember the dps was too low to do general mapping.
(⌐■_■)
Dernière édition par RPGlitch, le 23 sept. 2018 16:50:54
Ok, so the average dps you'll get from GC if we use cwc set-up would be 27-34k dps. If we get hit for 400 stacks of violent retaliation, that comes out to roughly 400k dps.

The target firing is definitely a lot safer than BV, but tbh the whole set-up feelsbadman.

We only have that dps if we get hit and we need roughly over 150+ stacks for it to be better than SR. Which is not always going to happen if there are a few mobs still left over from the initial bursts of icy death we spew out.

Also, mapping is impossible. I wasn't even gonna try, it felt absolutely terrible with that low of dps. To be viable, you need someone to feed you sulphite to do delving in any reasonable amount of time.

Gonna call it a bust on this one, at least for now.

(⌐■_■)
Hello, nice build, but how do you sustain 6link Scorching Ray mana wise, I cant even even sustain a 5link,
-Clarity, no matter the lvl, doesnt help
-I use a Enlighten lvl 3
-even took Shaper(passive 40% mana regen...)

Does lvl 4 Enlighten solve all mana issues?
Hey there! We make use of the tesudo node, which grants us 8 mana per block.
(⌐■_■)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires