[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

The impale from Dread Banner is a negligible damage buff as cyclone is doing basically no damage so 10% of nothing will get reflected even if your crawler happens to consume the stacks. The accuracy loss is also not huge since we're already perma blinding everything, only takes me from 60 to 64% evasion. Your crawler impaling can be okay, though I think it maths out to be more or less the same damage as War Banner, just at random. I'll give it a whack and see how it feels.

War banner is just a straight ~7% more damage multi, which is more useful I think.
Dernière édition par Thukker, le 17 déc. 2018 20:19:03
"
Thukker a écrit :
The impale from Dread Banner is a negligible damage buff as cyclone is doing basically no damage so 10% of nothing will get reflected even if your crawler happens to consume the stacks. The accuracy loss is also not huge since we're already perma blinding everything, only takes me from 60 to 64% evasion. Your crawler impaling can be okay, though I think it maths out to be more or less the same damage as War Banner, just at random. I'll give it a whack and see how it feels.

War banner is just a straight ~7% more damage multi, which is more useful I think.

I didn't realize our crap damage could lower the output/impale of the crawler. I assumed they were separate instances of impale but I also can't understand the banner skills for the life of me.
"
bahamut458 a écrit :
"
Thukker a écrit :

I didn't realize our crap damage could lower the output/impale of the crawler. I assumed they were separate instances of impale but I also can't understand the banner skills for the life of me.

If I'm understanding it correctly it's just whichever hit applies impale makes the next 5 attacks against the target do additional damage equivalent to 10% of the impaling hit. Our crawler hits very hard so this is okay for us, and since we're attacking very quickly we'll consume the impale charges very quickly - it just means that 20% of crawler hits will effectively do 50% more physical damage. Keep in mind 40% of crawler damage is converted to chaos, so, basically:

.6 * .1 * 5 * .2 = 0.06, or 6% more damage done as physical.

So pretty much the same as war banner, except the damage is coming at random on random targets. The accuracy loss should I suppose make up the difference, but War Banner is just a consistent 6% more damage done by your crawler.
I'd really suggest using one of the veiled focus mods to trigger flesh offering for this build. Personally I am using the helmet one with desecrate, flesh offering, tempest shield, inc duration. While mapping you can use it on cooldown to have flesh offering very often, and for bosses, just your first cast will be a dud ( as there are no corpses yet).

Ideal for me would be to put it on weapon instead, to constantly proc desecrate/offering.

This could lead to the flesh offering helm enchant being better for us.
"
Thukker a écrit :
So a bit by accident I ended up recreating this build, though I've done it a shade different with gearing. I originally intended to do a guardian sentinel build this league, found out agony crawler scaled better anyways so I started messing with that, turns out guardian is quite unnecessary for Agony, so I went with gladiator for the block instead. Now at 95, killed uber elder and cleared the atlas

7.2k life
15k/30k armor
Uses endurance charges
1.5m shaper DPS

CHEST
I primarily differ from your build in the chest as I really do think skin is the best bet. Yes, you can't use hatred/determination with it, but neither are I think in any way necessary and you're often giving up too much to have them regardless. Hatred is easily replaced by War Banner and didn't require an essence worm to function, determination would be nice but the 100% increased global defenses on skin stacking with a Surrender gets you to 30k armor and is already plenty of mitigation against even the largest physical hits in the game, and I think you'd be hard pressed to reach 30k even with determination without those two items. Regardless of people memeing about armor, in this quantity it is an extremely valuable defensive asset, especially in this league.

It worth noting that in order to see north of 1m DPS - regardless of the chest you're using - you'll need an empower 4, and for DPS beyond that, a +1 to socketed gems corrupt. The empower is expensive, a relevant chest with the corrupt is going to be even more so.

SHIELD
Surrender is mentioned above, but you would need an absolutely insane shaper shield to do better, and even then I'm not so sure. 3k flat armor is a lot of armor.

BELT
I really see no reason not to use a Belt of the Deceiver. The 10% more damage multiplier from intimidate is irreplaceable given that there's no efficient way to use Tombfists, the crit reduction is good given that one shots are the only thing that pose a mortal danger to the build, and with an all res corrupt it provides a huge bit of resistances.

RINGS
For rings I've felt no compulsion to use anything other than a thief's torment. Again, a huge bit of resistances, the 60 life on hit is enormous, 30 mana on hit fixes any and all mana problems the build may ever encounter in any map mod, and, perhaps most important, 16% quant that you aren't gonna get anywhere else. 50% reduced curse effectiveness isn't to be relied on but has it's place for quality of life.

GLOVES/BOOTS
I've chosen to keep the cyclone in my gloves for the 6 link. There's lots of 6 link options but ultimately I've dropped using Withering Strikes at all - even with a 2.00 weapon and 8+ aps you're never maintaining above 5 stacks, and on most difficult content that requires you to actually move off a bit, you're not even maintaining it then. I've waffled a bit between having fortify or LGOH in the links, fort allows me to move the desecrate/spirit offering setup to the helm with inc duration or flame dash (dash is so nice), etc etc. Lots of options in the last four links, I've gone with maxmium laziness setup for all things tho.

WEAPON
The primary concern for me was getting a weapon that was as fast as possible with the ability to get 20% poison on it. Imperial claw is best here for best implicit life gain and base attack speed. Attack speed is function both for QoL (whirling blades around fast as fuck) and most importantly for damage - at 8.22 aps it's very very easy to get to and maintain 40 virulence stacks, even single target. The poison is necessary to make sure that you've gotten 100% chance to poison, no missing virulence stacks here.

JEWELS

The other place I seem to differ from most is jewels. Flat life is much better than % life for us, given that we already have an easy 230%+ from our tree. Attack speed is enormously better than % increased damage, both for you and the crawler and for QoL. Perhaps more important than either for QoL though, is minion movement speed. It cannot be overstated how much better the build feels with high minion movement speed. The crawler becomes so much better at dealing with tight corridors/doorways when it can move quickly.

TL;DR POB LINK
https://pastebin.com/h3tPFZdN

Does the 20% poison enchant work for 100% poison chance? I thought that was a local enchant. Does your character sheet show 100% chance to poison?
It's local to the weapon, yes - sources of phyiscal damage not originating from the weapon (physical spells, usually) don't benefit from the flat poison chance on the weapon. Since I'm using cyclone though, they do apply.

Dernière édition par Thukker, le 18 déc. 2018 02:03:45
"
Thukker a écrit :
"
bahamut458 a écrit :
"
Thukker a écrit :

If I'm understanding it correctly it's just whichever hit applies impale makes the next 5 attacks against the target do additional damage equivalent to 10% of the impaling hit. Our crawler hits very hard so this is okay for us, and since we're attacking very quickly we'll consume the impale charges very quickly - it just means that 20% of crawler hits will effectively do 50% more physical damage. Keep in mind 40% of crawler damage is converted to chaos, so, basically:

.6 * .1 * 5 * .2 = 0.06, or 6% more damage done as physical.

So pretty much the same as war banner, except the damage is coming at random on random targets. The accuracy loss should I suppose make up the difference, but War Banner is just a consistent 6% more damage done by your crawler.

I think the chaos conversion happens after so it should get the full effect of the impale. I'm playing with the idea of using dread banner on generosity so we can't impale/stack but the increased effect would give the crawler a ~27% chance to impale.
"
Thukker a écrit :
So a bit by accident I ended up recreating this build, though I've done it a shade different with gearing. I originally intended to do a guardian sentinel build this league, found out agony crawler scaled better anyways so I started messing with that, turns out guardian is quite unnecessary for Agony, so I went with gladiator for the block instead. Now at 95, killed uber elder and cleared the atlas

It is one of the aspects that I do enjoy about the build. It offers a good amount of freedom in respects to what gear to use. Congrats to the über elder kill, and to getting really nice gear early on in the league. How did the über kill go for you?

"
Thukker a écrit :

CHEST
I primarily differ from your build in the chest as I really do think skin is the best bet. Yes, you can't use hatred/determination with it, but neither are I think in any way necessary and you're often giving up too much to have them regardless. Hatred is easily replaced by War Banner and didn't require an essence worm to function, determination would be nice but the 100% increased global defenses on skin stacking with a Surrender gets you to 30k armor and is already plenty of mitigation against even the largest physical hits in the game, and I think you'd be hard pressed to reach 30k even with determination without those two items. Regardless of people memeing about armor, in this quantity it is an extremely valuable defensive asset, especially in this league.

In the setup i'm looking at for this league hatred gives my crawler 40% more damage, and the skin vs the calamity only gives 3% more damage (both with +1 corruption and emp4). So damage wise you're still better off with Calamity + Hatred, yet you do lose that nice armour. Yet with the nerfs to syndicates I hardly think you'll feel it.

"
Thukker a écrit :

It worth noting that in order to see north of 1m DPS - regardless of the chest you're using - you'll need an empower 4, and for DPS beyond that, a +1 to socketed gems corrupt. The empower is expensive, a relevant chest with the corrupt is going to be even more so.

Empower 4 is only the best option for a 6th link if you have a +1 or a +2 body armour, otherwise will Vile Toxins be the best bet.

"
Thukker a écrit :

BELT
I really see no reason not to use a Belt of the Deceiver. The 10% more damage multiplier from intimidate is irreplaceable given that there's no efficient way to use Tombfists, the crit reduction is good given that one shots are the only thing that pose a mortal danger to the build, and with an all res corrupt it provides a huge bit of resistances.

You can get intimidate on hit by crafting weapons with the Jagged Fossil. In that case you can get another belt, although you'll lose the crit dmg reduction which in my thoughts is probably the best mod the belt provides.

"
Thukker a écrit :

The other place I seem to differ from most is jewels. Flat life is much better than % life for us, given that we already have an easy 230%+ from our tree. Attack speed is enormously better than % increased damage, both for you and the crawler and for QoL. Perhaps more important than either for QoL though, is minion movement speed. It cannot be overstated how much better the build feels with high minion movement speed. The crawler becomes so much better at dealing with tight corridors/doorways when it can move quickly.

Last league I used my jewels primarily to reach the 100% chance to poison, but this league I'll see about getting the last % required on the weapon instead. I totally agree on that abyss jewels are best as long as you already are poison capped.

"
Keele0 a écrit :
I'd really suggest using one of the veiled focus mods to trigger flesh offering for this build. Personally I am using the helmet one with desecrate, flesh offering, tempest shield, inc duration. While mapping you can use it on cooldown to have flesh offering very often, and for bosses, just your first cast will be a dud ( as there are no corpses yet).

Ideal for me would be to put it on weapon instead, to constantly proc desecrate/offering.

This could lead to the flesh offering helm enchant being better for us.

Using the trigger in the weapon is great. Too bad that it competes with 3 other good suffixes: Attack speed, Lgoh against blinded enemies, and intimidate on hit.

Isn't the trigger on focus on a quite long cooldown? Do you feel that you can keep the offering up 100% with only using the on focus trigger?
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
"
bahamut458 a écrit :

I think the chaos conversion happens after so it should get the full effect of the impale. I'm playing with the idea of using dread banner on generosity so we can't impale/stack but the increased effect would give the crawler a ~27% chance to impale.

The chaos conversion will happen before. So if you want to use a banner then War Banner is the best option due to it's buff to accuracy rating as well as the small increase in phys dmg.

edit: If use link it with generosity then you'll in most cases remove the impale before the crawler attacks again. With our high APS the crawler will just be unable to hit fast enough to reliable use the impales it inflicts.
Builds:
Dernière édition par Tahreyn, le 18 déc. 2018 02:32:24

I strongly recommend using Vorici at Research to colour your Calamitys. I was a bit lucky myself, but I spent about 50 chromatics to get 4 off colours on the body and then used Vorici's research bench and got 2 perfectly placed white sockets. Beats spending tons of chromatics for sure ;)
Builds:

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires