Shared Mines and Sulphite Rebalance

Our initial plan for the Azurite Mine was that you would have a separate one per character. This way you would get a unique Delve experience with each character you create, and could Delve at depths appropriate for that character's power level.

This all but confirms that mines on different seeds have different properties.
What will be done, if anything, to the people who have bad rng on their mine's creation, leading, for example, to a huge lack of fossils behind fractured walls
Dernière édition par kroIya, le 14 sept. 2018 02:40:22
When I create a new character I would like a new mine. The sulphite changes are fine, but i think this is a bad idea overall.
"
Jackson765 a écrit :
This leagues is disappointment because i have to play "standard" in order to play league a bit.

Exactly, mate. That why the reason this league always unsatisfied all groups of people who have played for a while. 2 hours of standard and then a half or less hour of the new league is a really bad trade-off, I'd rather pay point cards to play this league rather than farming for fuel, our time should worth more.
good news, only thing that i kinda fear is that the increase to sulphite costs will kill the enjoyment if you are not able to farm the appropriate maps
Nice, thank you GGG :)
Keep up the good work.
I wasn't that concerned by the sulphite issues, but it's nice to see that quarry farming is not to be encouraged and that people are overall getting an "easier" access to delves.

"
morbo a écrit :
Good changes (esp. the sulphite scaling with map quantity),

I think so too, I like it !

"
"
Chris a écrit :
It is important that you are capable of earning the Sulphite on the character that needs to spend it.

why? give us a good reason please because it makes no sense at all

It does, you can't just only Delve from lvl one and phrase run through the story line, ignoring most of it, barely needing to interact with most of it.

( Having one character for the sole puporse of delving and one for the sole pupose of getting sulfite also seems boring to me, I believe that characters should have their pros and cons, and that good characters should be able to do both, even if it might imply slightly changing some pieces of your gear ).

"
free_creampie a écrit :
what the fuck, I made a new character just to have a new delve now it's going to merge with my main char's?

ffs

Well you can start delving on a straigth line from the depth of your choice in your deepest mine :).

"
Snorkle_uk a écrit :
I was excited for all of 10 seconds, then I read the post...

so basically the league and the entire delve concept is still shit, most people wont ever get through the sulphate grind required to really push the mines, the entire concept is a failure and absolutely not what you sold us in the buildup.

Great.

C'mon, wait for the numbers and the chance to try it.
Quality affecting Sulfite in maps is quite a big change don't you think ?
We are likely getting more time in delves and less time farming it ( and nerf quarry obviously ).
If the sulfite cost increase is actually completely proportional ( with the same coeficient ) to the sulfite gain increase .... then it's a little lame, altho quality should be quite a big chance really.

Altho I understand where you're coming from, I really hope that it will make the deep delves more accessible to people.

"
krolya a écrit :

This all but confirms that mines on different seeds have different properties.
What will be done, if anything, to the people who have bad rng on their mine's creation, leading, for example, to a huge lack of fossils behind fractured walls

According to some reddit feedback, even with a small sample, it does seem that there is something .... suspicious about "seeds", that's concerning ....
I hope I'll find a 4 sockets fossils at some point, seriously.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Dernière édition par Fruz, le 14 sept. 2018 02:51:01
"
Oshizo2 a écrit :
When I create a new character I would like a new mine. The sulphite changes are fine, but i think this is a bad idea overall.

i agree.
i want mine seperated each chracter not shareing.
make a new character kind freash air for me.
im fine current situation with salphite and azurite btw.
A little bit frustrated with the sulphite changes (right now it sounds more like a nerf), but let's see how it works out. Shared mines are great, thank you. I don't see how it takes the "unique experience" away, the mines are infinite in three directions after all.
Thats great,

But please consider, If will be possible to find sulphite in unique maps and in lab ..

I dont think that this mechanics will do any problems with map/lab completitions (as harbinger with oba), and in this point, dont feel like running lab when delve exist, more than once per characters is fun/rewarding ... will be different, if during lab runs, we had chance to found at least bit of sulphite, to feed hungry beast named Delve

what I realy liked in Bestiary, was that we could encounter league mechanics even in lab ...

thanks, every league is better and better :) cheers
"
r3g1s a écrit :
Idea for a easy fix for this league:
Make it so you can find sulphite in areas in mine and/or trade azurite for sulphite at fixed ratio.
This way you can stay in mine and delve if you want and you're efficient about it or you can map and then delve.
Quick and easy.

They've made it amply clear from just the very basic design of the league that they don't want you just living in the Delve. It threatens to make the rest of the game obsolete, which negatively impacts any future content plans they have.
I'm a bit disappointed about having one delve per account but also think that from GGG's perspective long term, it would have cost a shed load of server space to keep the current one delve per character system going.

So, lucky for GGG there's a good amount of support for it.

I'll get over my disappointment and might even come to prefer it (new characters can explore sideways into uncharted areas of the one mine).

Anyhoo, back to delving...
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires