Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

"
grepman a écrit :
have you ever looked at dwarf fortress, for example ? or 90s games ? using your logic, 90s games are all 'antiethical'. I mean, do you even know what 'ethical' means ?
Orca said antithetical, not anti-ethical. Antithetical as in, the antithesis of something - the opposite.
I never, never believed this crap would make it into core. You tried to change the game, sure that's interesting, interesting, that's it.
Luster died so quick, that along with many, I completely ignored beast capturing and the league became stale bread. Sure the no jobs and streamers took delight in some of the OP crafting. This was not accessible to the majority. Honestly would rather have seen parent HC swarm with activity over this league. Then you admit defeat, pump out MTX, and start up flashback "race." Then set out to excuse yourselves from having to implement this into core, shady as hell. Just admit it and start fresh, stop with the excuses.

FFS, you seem to be treading the waters Blizzard was in just prior to Activision. So for me, bodes very, very poorly.

Thank you however for fixing the bug I complained about and then sent an email playing coy about it. Yes it is fixed, I won't respond to your airy response though.

grumble, grumble, effing grumble
i can see how much effort u devs put in beast league: new mods, new crafting, capture a beast, new skills for mods,... but i can say this is a good call after all
"
鬼殺し a écrit :
"
grepman a écrit :
"
鬼殺し a écrit :

Oh well. There was a lesson to be learned and it has apparently been learned. Painfully, no doubt, as most good lessons are.
what was the lesson tho? to not take risks ? Im sure AAA game, movie, consumer etc industries can can have a hearty laugh as to how painful it will be down the road, since they dont have to agonize over the decisions and just stick to 'what works best' and rake in money.

it's hilariously ironic as poe's inception in the first place was a huge risk.

Like I said, I know some of the ups and downs behind the scenes that I cannot share here, but the most obvious one is the timing and scope of the project. They tried to do something much closer to a full expansion over the Christmas break.

That's a lesson.
fair enough, although, Im not a fan of statements that you cannot back up because of some DNA. I dont want to sound like a dick (but I probably do anyway), but knowing some things on the 'back end' puts you in a favorable position where you can say whatever and use 'insider info' for reasoning

with that said, isnt that the case with most expansions/leagues ? every league was rushed, 3.0 was clearly rushed even with the legacy league. theres a saying in another language that I really like, it goes something like this: smart people learn from others mistakes, dumb people learn from their own mistakes, and if you dont learn from your own mistakes then what are you ?

so how many lessons does GGG really need about rushing content ?

part of the reason why modern development is dangerously moving into land of 'un'quality. I see it everyday. qa resources are cut drastically because releasing fast and THEN fixing bugs with hotfixes and patches is the mantra today. back in the day when your release was on a CD and having and distributing patches was a huge PITA, quality process was much, much better and thorough.
Dernière édition par grepman, le 7 mai 2018 22:48:52
Hats off to GGG for their careful consideration and mature business approach. It cannot have been an easy decision to make and there will be many staff that worked hard on the content who will no doubt be disappointed.

I can't wait to see what you bring to us for the next league!
Told you so
"
GusTheCrocodile a écrit :
"
grepman a écrit :
have you ever looked at dwarf fortress, for example ? or 90s games ? using your logic, 90s games are all 'antiethical'. I mean, do you even know what 'ethical' means ?
Orca said antithetical, not anti-ethical. Antithetical as in, the antithesis of something - the opposite.
aw shit

Im dumb for completely misreading, my apologies then to orca.

still, the core of my question remains; if some people find niche games enjoyable, how are such games antithetical to enjoyment of games ?
Make your game as hard and complex as you want it to be, but keep it understandable and practical pls.

Also it's ok if some ppl have some fun, it's a game after all. We all have shitty moments in our lives, playing a game should have in part a relaxing factor.

So disappointing. I can't believe the crybabies won :(
You guys REALLY should wait until the END of leagues to announce things like this. Because of having this information 25 days in advance, YOU have now caused inflation on soon-to-be unattainable items AFTER the league as the result of one single post.

Just look at Farrul's Fur. The market average is going for 50ex+ now when it was 15-20 just yesterday because people are taking advantage of this information, so now people still playing the league are forced to pay outrageous prices for an item that people are just hoarding, buying out and inflating just to sell on Standard. Even the Beast, if you're unlucky to find one, is going for 6ex+. This is ridiculous for casual players like myself who don't have the time to farm hundreds of exalts in currency just to throw out the window on one item.

Really, I like the game and I like GGG, but you need to seriously rethink of when the appropriate time to release this information is, not a month before the league ends.

Probably talking to a brick wall though, you guys hardly pay attention to posts that have negative criticism unless it's on a large scale.
Dernière édition par Greyf13ld, le 7 mai 2018 22:59:15

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires