[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

"
Trololciraptor a écrit :
If I go with the Impresence setup, what should I drop for anger?

Impressence will mean Flammability = 0 mana reserve.

If you have Watcher's Eye, you can go for:

Anger (50%) + Herald of Ash (25%) + Blood and Sand (10%) = 85% reserved.

"
BigFatFob a écrit :
do you think it is worth it to go berserker + xoph's blood?

also here is my gear, don't see much else to improve other than maybe even better jewelry.
Spoiler

Berserker is strong for sure and moves really fast so you can definitely switch to that if you want to try something different.

And you can use this gem during boss fight:

You will literally 1 shot the boss.

"
StrangeKiller a écrit :
I'm having mana problems and was looking to use windscream. I have herald of ash, clarity, enfeeble and flammability. do you have any mana trouble solutions as I don't see anything about mana on the guide? I can't afford -mana on a ring atm, is there anything else i can do?

I recommend you to get Elemental Weakness curse on hit gloves and just run Enfeeble + Blasphemy. Or simply drop Flammability when you are leveling your character.

Also, get a ring like this:

"
blo927 a écrit :
Hi Kira,

Awesome build. I was using another build with tectonic slam, squishy as hell. Just respec yesterday and felt great already. So can you take a look of my build see if you have any idea to improve the tankiness (still die with strong legion encounters). Thank you in advance

Spoiler

Get your gems to 20% quality. That will greatly improve your damage.

Since you are running the mapping gem setup, use Berserk gem too. It is huge for boss fight.

Use anti-curse Granite flask.
Use anti-bleed 50% instant heal life flask.
Use anti-freeze Quicksilver flask.

Flasks are huge when it comes to survivability.

"
Lilunulu a écrit :
Hey!

Loving the build!

I feel like i've hitten a wall, I just switched from RT to EO but I feel much weaker even though i added some expensive stuff, any pointers would be much appreciated!

You have very good gear and damage from what I can see. Consider switching Elemental Focus to Concentrated on Cyclone. You will get more damage this way.

I would drop Lion's Roar for anti-curse Granite flask and only use Lion's Roar in boss that don't get knocked back.

Get a better life flask. ;)

E.g.

"
manofthelaw3 a écrit :
In this meta, How good is the shroud setup with the cast on melee kill linked to it compared to the bronn's lithe?

Shroud is good for bossing but mapping will be weaker.

In terms of damage output, nothing come close to Bronn 6L. :)

"
Werdax a écrit :
why is the pastebin set to juggernaut now?

It is a dropdown. You can change the ascendancy from there. :)

"
roboqrt a écrit :
In the lab enchantments tab you state "WARNING: Gloves enchantment on Spike Gloves will lose the melee damage".

I've learned yesterday that since 3.6, you can actually add an enchantment to implicits, without losing them. Can anyone approve this? Otherwise I'm going to test ithe later.

Yep. Forgot to remove that from the guide. Will have that fixed.

Now you can have the implicit + gloves enchant. :)

"
RaPsKa a écrit :
So with the changes to Immortal Call - do we now change our pantheon and not use Soul of Arakaali if we are using blood rage? Or is there another to stop taking damage over time to proc it.?

It is still possible to proc that but you need 5 endurance charges.

So in this case, you can go for Soul of Solaris (very good for crit maps) or Soul of Lunaris (very good for projectile maps) instead.

"
Lisonn a écrit :
I've swapped to Soul of Lunaris because I was dying often due to projectiles. Now it's all good, no more "snipers" to worry about too much and on top of that that is nice choice for uber elder :D

Soul of Solaris is also very good for Uber Elder fight. :)

"
a1oken a écrit :
If anyone has time, can check my gear, sometimes i feel weak during maps, talking about survivability.

Also is it better to remove the skill points on the right (10% life) and rather take em on scion life wheel (14% life vs 15%) Or is the thick skins 8% avoid elemental important? thx in advance

You need to make adjustments to your flask setup.

Check out the flask section for recommended setup and flask rolls. That will greatly improve your survivability.

Get -7 mana on 1 of your rings. E.g.

You can replace Increased Duration with a level 20 Steelskin and self cast it in fights. That will greatly improve your survivability too.

Get more levels and aim for 6000 life pool when you hit level 90. Switch Flammability to Enfeeble. That will also help.

Also, prioritise life rolls on your jewels.

P.S. Was testing out mapping gems setup for Cyclone and I found out that it can also beat Uber Elder easily. Just run level 20 Berserk gem and go berserk. It is likely that you can instant phase Shaper and Elder in that fight.
Hello Girls and Guys of the Flame,
just wanted to share my experiences with this build.

leveling
started my build(and league) with sunder and then tectonic slam, it was ok most of the time, sure you are very weapon dependant. When my damage really started to suck, i bought a new weapon.

switching to Ngamahu/Cyclone
I think i switched way later than lvl 68, because initinally i wanted to stick to TS. But that didn't feel that good so i switched.
Of course at the start it kinda sucked (low Gems and such) but it got constantly better. Defense-wise especially after i got the formless inferno and skilled into Tsalaio acendancy.

formless inferno
Don't know why nobody mentions that one here, i found it and thought it could fit quite nicely and yeha, wearing it since then. Boosted my defense a loooot (before i was using Bronns i hat an AR-based armour). Devoto's beeing so expensive i kept it and dont really want to exchange it, maybe i'll get a devoto for non corrupted-mapping.

Other Experiences
- i dont have mana-issues like other people here, maybe because of the boot enchant but as i remember i had no problems even before i got that so...
- greatly enhances clearspeed if you try to always having the quicksilver flask on
- the %enduarance charge on the elder boots are great. saves a lot of points in the tree.
- i skilled the "brinkmanship" and "Soul of Steel" nodes. i am not sure if they'r really that usefull but i like them. A lot more resistances (easier gearing), armour (for inferno), AOE and some extra defenses.
- i am using blood and sand & flesh & stone, only in sandstance. The blind/less dmg taken is crazy good.
- corrupted some minor gloves and got lucky =)
- i am not sure yet if it is worth getting a watcher's eye and anger (have to drop something then, dont know what...)

gear
Spoiler

having a lot of fun :-)
"

So I've upgraded a few pieces following my previous request for advice. Currently working on Vorici Level 3 Research to try and get a 3W on the chest as I've found it impossible so far to get 4R-1G-1 for mapping.

Gems are starting to hit level 20, so I'll be getting them to 20% quality too.

I'm not sure how to fit Steelskin into my IC-CWDT-Conviction gem setup. I've put Leap Slam as this was previously in my gloves before getting Tombfist.

"
P.S. Was testing out mapping gems setup for Cyclone and I found out that it can also beat Uber Elder easily. Just run level 20 Berserk gem and go berserk. It is likely that you can instant phase Shaper and Elder in that fight.

Would your bossing and mapping setups look the same then except for concentrated effect vs pulverize? Right now you show two gems different, but you have Rage on mapping and Close Combat on Bossing, and Rage would be needed to use Berserk during boss fights.
I got a 6 link ngamahu and was wondering what setups are good for getting the most out of the 6L, possibly cast on crit?... Any ideas?
Hey, great guide, thanks for that. I'm levelling the Chieftain up right now and I just have one question. How do you generate Endurance Charges? You have +1 in the POB but you don't have endurance charge on melee stun or anything else to generate itt if I'm correct. What am I forgetting about?
"
kira1414 a écrit :

You need to make adjustments to your flask setup.

Check out the flask section for recommended setup and flask rolls. That will greatly improve your survivability.

Get -7 mana on 1 of your rings. E.g.

You can replace Increased Duration with a level 20 Steelskin and self cast it in fights. That will greatly improve your survivability too.

Get more levels and aim for 6000 life pool when you hit level 90. Switch Flammability to Enfeeble. That will also help.

Also, prioritise life rolls on your jewels.

Hi again, I've upgrade my gear quite abit,

You reckon i'll be uber elder ready? i know im missing levels, but for the gear i wondering.
Hello

i got like 4 ex and i was wondering what do i get for my next upgrade can you check my profile and see what i need to upgrade please ?

Thank you

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/iconxxx/characters

Dernière édition par iconxxx, le 24 juin 2019 07:03:19
I'm confused on this build for 3.7. Are you still recommending Chieftan? Do we go 100% fire conversion? There are duelists out there with similar builds, what do? What's the current consensus?
"
faw a écrit :
Hello Girls and Guys of the Flame,
just wanted to share my experiences with this build.
Spoiler

leveling
started my build(and league) with sunder and then tectonic slam, it was ok most of the time, sure you are very weapon dependant. When my damage really started to suck, i bought a new weapon.

switching to Ngamahu/Cyclone
I think i switched way later than lvl 68, because initinally i wanted to stick to TS. But that didn't feel that good so i switched.
Of course at the start it kinda sucked (low Gems and such) but it got constantly better. Defense-wise especially after i got the formless inferno and skilled into Tsalaio acendancy.

formless inferno
Don't know why nobody mentions that one here, i found it and thought it could fit quite nicely and yeha, wearing it since then. Boosted my defense a loooot (before i was using Bronns i hat an AR-based armour). Devoto's beeing so expensive i kept it and dont really want to exchange it, maybe i'll get a devoto for non corrupted-mapping.

Other Experiences
Spoiler
- i dont have mana-issues like other people here, maybe because of the boot enchant but as i remember i had no problems even before i got that so...
- greatly enhances clearspeed if you try to always having the quicksilver flask on
- the %enduarance charge on the elder boots are great. saves a lot of points in the tree.
- i skilled the "brinkmanship" and "Soul of Steel" nodes. i am not sure if they'r really that usefull but i like them. A lot more resistances (easier gearing), armour (for inferno), AOE and some extra defenses.
- i am using blood and sand & flesh & stone, only in sandstance. The blind/less dmg taken is crazy good.
- corrupted some minor gloves and got lucky =)
- i am not sure yet if it is worth getting a watcher's eye and anger (have to drop something then, dont know what...)

gear
Spoiler

having a lot of fun :-)

Glad you are enjoying the build. :)

Formless Inferno is great if you want that extra armor. Devoto provide more QOL when it comes to mobility and attack speed.

"
MrSym a écrit :
Spoiler
"

So I've upgraded a few pieces following my previous request for advice. Currently working on Vorici Level 3 Research to try and get a 3W on the chest as I've found it impossible so far to get 4R-1G-1 for mapping.

Gems are starting to hit level 20, so I'll be getting them to 20% quality too.

I'm not sure how to fit Steelskin into my IC-CWDT-Conviction gem setup. I've put Leap Slam as this was previously in my gloves before getting Tombfist.

Yes. You will need Vorici in order to get the color for mapping gems setup.

And as mentioned in 1 of my reply earlier, mapping setup can also beat Uber Elder.

You will want Steelskin to be at level 20 and you will have to manual cast it when in combat.

"
Jdorty a écrit :
"

Would your bossing and mapping setups look the same then except for concentrated effect vs pulverize? Right now you show two gems different, but you have Rage on mapping and Close Combat on Bossing, and Rage would be needed to use Berserk during boss fights.

Bossing setup uses Close Combat and Concentrated while mapping setup uses Pulverize + Rage and Berserk.

Both setups are very capable of clearing Uber Elder.

"
c8die a écrit :
I got a 6 link ngamahu and was wondering what setups are good for getting the most out of the 6L, possibly cast on crit?... Any ideas?

6L on Ngamahu is like a trophy cos if you put main attack gems in it, you will lose the damage from the balls.

Also, Cast on Crit won't work in the axe because Molten burst will not be able to proc it..

"
DarkGod23 a écrit :
Hey, great guide, thanks for that. I'm levelling the Chieftain up right now and I just have one question. How do you generate Endurance Charges? You have +1 in the POB but you don't have endurance charge on melee stun or anything else to generate itt if I'm correct. What am I forgetting about?

You can use Enduring Cry or like you mentioned, link Endurance Charge on Melee Stun with Leap Slam.

You can also use Red Dream jewel or pick up Disciple of the Unyielding or Charging Offensive from the skill tree.

"
a1oken a écrit :

Hi again, I've upgrade my gear quite abit,

Spoiler

You reckon i'll be uber elder ready? i know im missing levels, but for the gear i wondering.

Your gear looks fine. I would recommend rare elder amulet instead of Impresence as that will give you more damage.

I would suggest that you get your gems to at least 20/20 and as you have stated, get a few more levels before attempting Uber Elder.

"
iconxxx a écrit :
Hello

i got like 4 ex and i was wondering what do i get for my next upgrade can you check my profile and see what i need to upgrade please ?

Thank you

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/iconxxx/characters

You can look into 2 abyssal socket Tombfist. That will give you good damage boost.

I would recommend you to run anti-freeze Quicksilver and use anti-curse Granite flask. You only use Lion's Roar when you are fighting end game bosses that cannot be knocked back.

"
Chazumi a écrit :
I'm confused on this build for 3.7. Are you still recommending Chieftan? Do we go 100% fire conversion? There are duelists out there with similar builds, what do? What's the current consensus?

You go Chieftain if you do not want to spend too much currency on a build that can beat Uber Elder. The most expensive item will be 6L Bronn chest.

And yes. You will go 100% fire conversion.

If you are willing to invest currencies in gears, I would recommend you to go for Slayer because it has both the survivability and damage.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires