[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Feels like you have to sacrifice so much for the new Malevolence aura. Makes me wonder if it's really worth it for 50% mana.
Sorry if someone already asked..

How's this build for fossil farming?
Here is a pretty thorough POB for Pathfinder:

https://pastebin.com/Uw1GcWnd
There's 3 tiers of items, a slight Trickster variation, as well as a 65% IIQ set (75% if you can do 2 Pariahs). All the rares in the "white/red map" just give general resist totals to shoot for, and are all rolled very conservatively.

Aside from bow, the only gear stopping you from zoom zoom action is an unlinked QotF and Cinderswallow Urn, which is basically Trickster's Patient Reaper without the damage. Tough to say what auras will be best. This build can easily reach 40-45k evasion without Grace, and should do pretty stupid DPS if you can get both Malevolence and Aspect of the Spider.

I haven't tested Trickster much, but I included a tree and some items. With min/maxed gear, the new Trickster is far superior to every other ascendancy, including Raider. You can easily reach 90% evade chance without a Watcher's Eye, 60/60% Dodge, disgusting instant life recovery while mapping, and higher damage with Grace on than a Ranger with Malevolence.

I plan to hit 700k uncharged tooltip DPS with Caustic Arrow this league, and look forward to seeing some nutso Trickster CI builds.
I justed wanted to take a minute to say thanks. I work about 55 hours a week and am married. Without people like you making a guide like this the game just wouldn't be accessible to me. You make it possible for people like me to even be able to play this game. It might just be a hobby to you, but honestly it makes a difference in my overall happiness in life to be able to escape to play a game at a somewhat competitive level. I can't really afford much as I'm not rich, but if you ever consider adding a Patreon feature I could afford a couple dollars I'm sure. If everyone did maybe it would make it worth your investment of time that I'm simply not able to make to do what you do. So thank you. I wish you luck in Synthesis.
I've seen the leveling section but it might seem like the map requirements are a bit heavy. +3 6-link for yellow maps, is that correct?

I wanted to try to push to farming T11 burials asap where a +2 6-link and a unlinked cherrubims would be attainable during the first 24 hours but would it be enough for T11s?

If not I would look for another build since the next upgrade is a couple of ex and not chaos.

"
foxfiredds a écrit :
Feels like you have to sacrifice so much for the new Malevolence aura. Makes me wonder if it's really worth it for 50% mana.

I think it is. In most cases the build is still incredibly tanky, but needs that additional evade ring and good evasion gear to make up for loss of flat evasion. I would love to have Grace up as well, that's why i'm personally going to try out EB version of the build.

"
Cycho a écrit :
Sorry if someone already asked..

How's this build for fossil farming?

The build is good for any content, but doesn't really specialize in anything. It's fast by default (~150% bonus MS without investment) which can be upgraded to ~250-300% bonus MS if you try really hard. It's not that far from specialized fossil farming builds (~400-500% MS from what i saw).

TL;DR Yes, it's good

"
glappoid a écrit :
Spoiler
Here is a pretty thorough POB for Pathfinder:

https://pastebin.com/Uw1GcWnd
There's 3 tiers of items, a slight Trickster variation, as well as a 65% IIQ set (75% if you can do 2 Pariahs). All the rares in the "white/red map" just give general resist totals to shoot for, and are all rolled very conservatively.

Aside from bow, the only gear stopping you from zoom zoom action is an unlinked QotF and Cinderswallow Urn, which is basically Trickster's Patient Reaper without the damage. Tough to say what auras will be best. This build can easily reach 40-45k evasion without Grace, and should do pretty stupid DPS if you can get both Malevolence and Aspect of the Spider.

I haven't tested Trickster much, but I included a tree and some items. With min/maxed gear, the new Trickster is far superior to every other ascendancy, including Raider. You can easily reach 90% evade chance without a Watcher's Eye, 60/60% Dodge, disgusting instant life recovery while mapping, and higher damage with Grace on than a Ranger with Malevolence.

I plan to hit 700k uncharged tooltip DPS with Caustic Arrow this league, and look forward to seeing some nutso Trickster CI builds.

I've already mentioned before, Trickster got overbuffed to the Occultist/Juggernaut level. It's just ridiculous. Raider only has little bit of speed advantage, perma phasing and ailment immunity pretty much. Defensively they're about equal with Trickster having better one-shot mitigation and spell dodge, while Raider can reach that attack immunity against normal monsters.

I don't have much else to say. Game has too much damage at this point, anything you do is viable, except some might be a bit stronger in certain aspects than the others.

"
IceMatrix a écrit :
Spoiler
I justed wanted to take a minute to say thanks. I work about 55 hours a week and am married. Without people like you making a guide like this the game just wouldn't be accessible to me. You make it possible for people like me to even be able to play this game. It might just be a hobby to you, but honestly it makes a difference in my overall happiness in life to be able to escape to play a game at a somewhat competitive level. I can't really afford much as I'm not rich, but if you ever consider adding a Patreon feature I could afford a couple dollars I'm sure. If everyone did maybe it would make it worth your investment of time that I'm simply not able to make to do what you do. So thank you. I wish you luck in Synthesis.

Thanks for the words encouragement! I am happy that YOU are enjoying the game. That's big enough payment for me. I would only consider Patreon if i had large amount of guides (in short, if i was a true content creator). That probably won't happen since i'm mostly chasing niche builds that don't always work. Maybe some day...

"
erensson a écrit :
Spoiler
I've seen the leveling section but it might seem like the map requirements are a bit heavy. +3 6-link for yellow maps, is that correct?

I wanted to try to push to farming T11 burials asap where a +2 6-link and a unlinked cherrubims would be attainable during the first 24 hours but would it be enough for T11s?

If not I would look for another build since the next upgrade is a couple of ex and not chaos.

If you progress normally, then the requirements are completely understandable. If you want to rush content, then unless you luck out you can't get everything done. It does not mean you cannot progress without those items. Last league i've run run ~13 tier maps on a +2 5-link with lvl 21 CA gem for a very long time. It's entirely possible, just bossing might be a bit slow.

If you can get a +2 6-link, you're good to go to beat entire game. Any additional damage simply makes it easier. Upgrading the bow to +3 is around ~1ex worth of fossils, depending on luck.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thank you for updating your guide.
The Leveling passives section is still showing the old passive tree. Would love an update to that, thanks for all your work. Looking forward to trying this build. I'm new to bow builds, so was looking for something different for this league. Thanks!
EDIT: Everything except classic trees is updated! I'm off to try out the new league.
If anything is broken, let me know. I'll be watching out for all replies

Unfortunately newest tree is bit harder to progress through acts, but it shouldn't be very far away from how it used to be.

=============

Quick update about the new passive tree - it seems that the changes to shadow's area went through. It creates inefficient pathing if you want to grab the life nodes above frenzy charge.
Trees for all ascendancies are already updated (levelling not yet, site lags quite badly).

HOWEVER.

The inefficiency enabled another passive tree path - to Scion's life wheel. It gives slightly more hp (12% and 35 flat), 10% all res and slightly more evasion in exchange for roughly equal damage loss - which you can quickly fix with triple damage jewel instead of life.

So i'm going to quickly update all trees again. They should be up before league launches. I'll skip classic versions for now.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 8 mars 2019 15:20:02
"
DankawSL a écrit :
EDIT: Everything except classic trees is updated! I'm off to try out the new league.
If anything is broken, let me know. I'll be watching out for all replies

Unfortunately newest tree is bit harder to progress through acts, but it shouldn't be very far away from how it used to be.

=============

Quick update about the new passive tree - it seems that the changes to shadow's area went through. It creates inefficient pathing if you want to grab the life nodes above frenzy charge.
Trees for all ascendancies are already updated (levelling not yet, site lags quite badly).

HOWEVER.

The inefficiency enabled another passive tree path - to Scion's life wheel. It gives slightly more hp (12% and 35 flat), 10% all res and slightly more evasion in exchange for roughly equal damage loss - which you can quickly fix with triple damage jewel instead of life.

So i'm going to quickly update all trees again. They should be up before league launches. I'll skip classic versions for now.

looking forward to Synthesis HC with this as it's going to be my first HC play. And how the heck did you beat Catarina in the last league with a 5L bow? i just couldn't finish her off at all as she would regen before i could finish her off. Maybe next time you square off with her in Synthesis, you can do a vidcap.

Thanks again for an amazing build!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires