[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hey! Big fan of this build ♥

I didn't quite search on the thread itself so I'm asking here: Is this build viable starting on a Scion?

Thanks!
My custom PoE League "The Lost Islands" -- /forum/view-thread/2296786
"
DankawSL a écrit :
...You're supposed to ditch Siege Ballista after act 2, where the damage it provides is already irrelevant. I do say that in the guide, same goes to switching gems to final setups - i mention it in "Preparing for maps" part. To be fair, i might remove Siege Ballista completely. I don't use it anymore personally. CA+TR already handle everything pretty easily.

I also don't use Toxic Rain starting from act 8. I would rather reapply CA, place totems in better location and simply dodge instead. Safer that way plus more damage too, since the area coverage is bigger.

i must have missed that. Thanks!
How do you approach levelling in consideration of Syndicate Encounters?
I feel like they slow me down immensely as they take so long...
Regular Act Bosses are no problem but ~2*+ Syndicate Bosses are quite tough, especially as you need to dodge as well.
Not sure it's worth it bothering with them pre Act8-10 / Mapping.
"
Avunaos a écrit :
Hey! Big fan of this build ♥

I didn't quite search on the thread itself so I'm asking here: Is this build viable starting on a Scion?

Thanks!

It is, however Scion is really suboptimal now. Awful levelling, suboptimal end game than 5 other ascendancy classes. The only thing Scion does better, is having additional passive points. Well, you can also make a triple curse character and that's it.

"
Iversithy a écrit :
How do you approach levelling in consideration of Syndicate Encounters?
I feel like they slow me down immensely as they take so long...
Regular Act Bosses are no problem but ~2*+ Syndicate Bosses are quite tough, especially as you need to dodge as well.
Not sure it's worth it bothering with them pre Act8-10 / Mapping.

It's never worth to engage league mechanics during levelling. Betrayal is no exception. I've been freezing my syndicate progress with laboratory mission and just run through the storyline for efficiency.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Hi again,

Lvl81 now with your build :)
uber lab done and yellowmap started.

I begin to look for my best in slot 6 linked bow and I d like to have your advices.

What is the best in slot option between :
- +2 bow gem with +1 gem
- +2 bow gem with vicious proj

What is the best enchant for each :
- + max40% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
- + max80% increased chaos damage with + chaos skill have +% skill effect duration
- Attacks with this Weapon Penetrate Max 20% Chaos Resistances

Thx a lot and see you in game :)
Dernière édition par dibdib2, le 12 déc. 2018 10:58:49
My advice is the same as what i recommend in crafting section. Start with cheap +3 bow and 40% non-ailment chaos DoT. Afterwards you can look at crafting elder bow (that needs update once again due to me missing a single new crafting option).

Current best bow is:

* Level 20 Vicious Projectiles
* +1 to Socketed Gems
* +2 to Socketed Support Gems (crafted)
* Suffixes like +1 arrow, crafted 16% chaos DoT and attack speed etc.

I'll probably mobilize myself tomorrow to do the big update.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 12 déc. 2018 11:19:28
What do you think about doing this as a deadeye? You get the extra proj and 50% ake, the pierce (great with CA) and tailwind ms boost.

Raider prob has more damage tho
Great guide and great build. Big thanks.
I'm starting progressing through red maps. It's fantastic for checking corners in delves, has no trouble with IS encounters. CA radius feels kinda underwhelming with Kintsugi so I'll probably stay with Carcass until I can get my hands on shaper quivers. Also I'm struggling with +3 bow craft, spent about 10 resonators with no success.
I have a question about chaos DoT multiplier craft. I guess it is a veiled mod, but which member of syndicate can drop it?
Dernière édition par Feyta, le 12 déc. 2018 15:12:35
Dan,

Thanks for the guide, love it so far and completed Act 1-10 in a couple of days which was nice.

Questions--
Based on the guide it looks like you advise running Toxic Rain set up during 1-10 then dropping it for Frenzy setup? Or are you running CA, Toxic Rain, and Frenzy?

Any advice on GMP and when you should switch to this on CA setup and drop Swift Affliction?

Have you ever thought about making a Damage on Impact CA build and/or Hybrid DoT/DoI build?
"
woolly_wizard a écrit :
What do you think about doing this as a deadeye? You get the extra proj and 50% ake, the pierce (great with CA) and tailwind ms boost.

Raider prob has more damage tho

Reversed, Deadeye has more damage since Raider offers none. Deadeye has awesome AoE and that's about it. I provide the tree for that ascendancy as well.

"
Feyta a écrit :
Spoiler
Great guide and great build. Big thanks.
I'm starting progressing through red maps. It's fantastic for checking corners in delves, has no trouble with IS encounters. CA radius feels kinda underwhelming with Kintsugi so I'll probably stay with Carcass until I can get my hands on shaper quivers. Also I'm struggling with +3 bow craft, spent about 10 resonators with no success.
I have a question about chaos DoT multiplier craft. I guess it is a veiled mod, but which member of syndicate can drop it?

I personally switch GMP/swift affliction for mapping and bossing to solve AoE issue. Tedious but still saves more time overall.

Not being able to craft the bow is... unlucky i guess. I checked fossil prices for HC quickly and the Metallic fossil is surprisingly expensive (5c for fossil that nobody used ever outside of mod blocking? Cmon). With that in mind and ~40c exalt prices, the average cost should be around the same for both fossil and mastercrafting method (you can acquire old meta-mods by completing pale council prophecy chains).

Chaos DoT multi is dropped by Tora, 100%. I found it recently and received challenge credit for it.

"
RidgemanSpiker a écrit :
Spoiler
Dan,

Thanks for the guide, love it so far and completed Act 1-10 in a couple of days which was nice.

Questions--
Based on the guide it looks like you advise running Toxic Rain set up during 1-10 then dropping it for Frenzy setup? Or are you running CA, Toxic Rain, and Frenzy?

Any advice on GMP and when you should switch to this on CA setup and drop Swift Affliction?

Have you ever thought about making a Damage on Impact CA build and/or Hybrid DoT/DoI build?

You got it right, i drop it once i reach Blood Acqueducts. There's no reason to use it anymore.

It entirely depends on you. Killing monsters super quickly with normal setup? Switch to GMP. Want more AoE but you're fine with lower single target dps? Switch to GMP. It is your preference if you want to run it or not.

I thought about making hit build, but nah. There are far more interesting skills to create build for. I might do it some day, but i bet it would require a lot of money to make it decent... or maybe not if i make poison build instead. I certainly wouldn't try to make hybrid build tho, you should focus on one or another - that's how PoE scaling works.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires