[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

A really interesting thought, which I sadly can't test currently:
Does the "inactive" weapon trigger the mod "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill" which is new in betrayal?
Could anyone maybe test it?
I would assume it wouldn't be intended but who knows if they thought about it.
Would be insane QoL for ED. :)
"
biaXamseng a écrit :
Spoiler
Music to my impoverished ears since i'm playing SSF. After getting Swift Affliction, i'm breezing through Act 5 with 4L CA, coupled with Holy Relic + Stone Golem combo (thanks, HardSave!). Now with 4L gears, i've also set up Wither totem for that extra bit of help with bosses & IS gangbangers.

Great job, DankawSL!

Honestly, i would love to use Wither totem during storyline, but it's hard to get enough stats + correct 3-link (at least). When i rush storyline, i often have problems capping resistances so yeah...

Have yet to test the regen combo, focusing on powerfarming / progressing through maps atm.

"
kendo3 a écrit :
Spoiler
loving the build, up to around level 65 and having a blast. very glad to see your last update about the bows because I have had absolutely no luck finding a 6 link bow but am 1 card short of being able to get tabula. my best bow is a 4 link with +2 to gems.

would it be more damage to switch to a 6 link in tabula and craft a different bow for attack speed and / or +1 arrow? if so, what else should I try to find or craft on it?

many thanks for all the work you have put into this guide

4-link +2 is pretty much like having a 5-link. You'll do the white maps easily, but GMP for clearing might not be an option.

Yes, if you're using tabula then additional gem levels don't matter in that bow (you're not using after all). Highest AS / non-ailment chaos DoT multi is what you should craft on it. Finding Death's Harp for +1 arrow is also an option.

"
teebeewhy a écrit :
Spoiler
So for 3.5 you would go with the fossil craft method for a bow correct?

IE: Ilvl 64-75 6L base thicket or maraketh. Then the three fossils until +3 gem bow and slap the chaos multi on it. Ta-da. In your experience how many fossils slams do you end up taking to hit +2 or +3 gems? Obviously it is random...just curious :)

I'm playing a ca/tr trickster and was looking to make a bow so I can actually do some damage and came across this guide. Good info! Thanks :)

I don't have much experience with fossil crafting bows to be fair. You should hit +2 bows literally every single time, since it's one of the only two prefixes possible. +3 might be harder but still below 10 fossils. I think i've heard of only 2 very unlucky people who went above that number.

Also, FYI, the old meta-crafting mods drop from pale council members (Plaguemaw V etc).

"
Iversithy a écrit :
Spoiler
A really interesting thought, which I sadly can't test currently:
Does the "inactive" weapon trigger the mod "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill" which is new in betrayal?
Could anyone maybe test it?
I would assume it wouldn't be intended but who knows if they thought about it.
Would be insane QoL for ED. :)

99% chance it doesn't work. The ED cannot even apply degen when you swap weapons before it hits the target. The skill simply doesn't exist if you're not using right now.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 11 déc. 2018 09:22:42
One can still dream I guess. :)
Just a quick question. Wouldn't you benefit more from taking the Heavy Draw perk more that you do from taking the Method to madness perk. Heavy draw for 5 points you get a total of 79% damage over time, and Method to madness you get 54% chaos damage. I am not sure if it matters being bow skills related or how big if any the difference between chaos vs damage over time increases work. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
"
biaXamseng a écrit :

Music to my impoverished ears since i'm playing SSF. After getting Swift Affliction, i'm breezing through Act 5 with 4L CA, coupled with Holy Relic + Stone Golem combo (thanks, HardSave!). Now with 4L gears, i've also set up Wither totem for that extra bit of help with bosses & IS gangbangers.

Great job, DankawSL!

how are you able to cast both Holy Relic and Golem? I don't have enough keys after I set up everything else. only room for one or the other, running Relic at present.

I tried hooking golem up to my spell totem and when I cast the totem, the icon for the golem appears at the top of the screen but he doesn't actually activate and the icon disappears when the spell totem fades out.
I found a +1 bow gems bow, but it was only a 3-link. At the time I was using a 4-link setup in my chest (still am for 4 more levels, then I'll have 5-link +2 bow)... Which would be better, do you think: +1 bow gems 3-link, or 4-link setup? Purely a leveling question for those lucky enough to be in that situation.

Thank you again for the awesome build, and all the work you put in!
So it's probably due to being very new at the game but how do I generate endurance charges for Immortal Call ?
What do you think about new craft mod "+2 to Socketed Support Gems"?
With Delve suffixes we can craft insane +7 bow
Prefix:
+1 to socketed gems
+2 to socketed bow gems
+2 to socketed support gems (craft mod)
Suffix:
+1 to socketed strength gems
+1 to socketed dexterity gems

It's insane, 32lvl caustic arrow is real!
But need a lot of currency ofc
"
kendo3 a écrit :
"
biaXamseng a écrit :

Great job, DankawSL!

how are you able to cast both Holy Relic and Golem? I don't have enough keys after I set up everything else. only room for one or the other, running Relic at present.

I tried hooking golem up to my spell totem and when I cast the totem, the icon for the golem appears at the top of the screen but he doesn't actually activate and the icon disappears when the spell totem fades out.

Hi kendo3, after casting either Holy Relic or Golem, i would switch out the key to the other. With HR, golem lasts a lot longer. It's only in fights with bosses and IS as well as Delve that you may have to re-cast golems or HR. But i normally wouldn't worry too much about the two in such fights as i would be busy shooting CA & toxic rain, as well as casting Despair, Ballista, & Wither totem (not necessarily in that order).

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires