[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

March 26th, 2019
NEW: Synthesis League
* Crafting at synthesiser, explained!
* Exact mechanics in brief format, with few examples
* List of worthwhile mods and universal crafting methods.

Classic Build:
* Removed The Green Dream jewel as it doesn't work as i thought it does (requires allocating resistance nodes. To the guy who tried to explain it to me long time ago, i'm sorry, reading can be hard.)

=============

There's still more work to be done, i know that i've missed few things here and there. I'll try to clean up everything tomorrow.

"
octeris a écrit :
Is there any benefit to fossil crafting the +3 Bow using an Elder base? I found an Elder Maraketh Bow last night and am wondering if it's worth trying to 6L it.

For completeness sake, is there any benefit to crafting the bow using a Shaper base?

Use fossils on an elder bow only if you want to get suffixes (for utility aspects), but it's heavily RNG gated. Deterministic 7-link or +1 arrow crafting is what i recommend. Make sure the bow is correct ilvl, everything on that topic can be found in crafting section.

Shaper bases are competely pointless for many reasons. Almost useless mods, no guaranteed crafting and expensive.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Hi Dankaw, first I am sorry for the loss of your character. Having formerly played hardcore a lot, I know the feeling of losing a level 95+ character is really a difficult thing.

My question: In some of your comments you make mention of a jeweller's method of crafting 3red 1 blue for an all evasion piece of gear. Or I think you did, it was pretty confusing though. When I stick my boots in the crafting bench, they already have 4 linked sockets, the only crafting options I get that are not having to do with mods is chromatic options. Do my boots have to be not 4 linked for the jeweler's method to be accessible?

Also, I reached the point where I need Clarity. But I'm not sure where to stick it, I had minion life on the stone Golem, but I suppose I could put it there. Anyhow, if you have a minute can you check my gear and tell me what to upgrade next in your opinion? If not I will understand, can't be checking everyone's gear and all. I know my flasks are not in ideal setup right now, but I needed the mana flask until I add Clarity I guess. Besides flasks what should I upgrade? I made the quiver the bow and bought a decent kintsugi. Bought a helm with the enchant. still waiting for gems to get to 20, but I already bought one high quality caustic arrow and gcp'ed it up to 20. I can't seem to unveil the bow craft for extra chaos multiplier or whatever it's supposed to be, Do you know any trustworthy people in Synthesis normal league that might have the craft on their bench? I got the bow on my 5th Chaotic resonator attempt, Was so easy, thinking about selling it and seeing if I can make another one that gets better mods. But don't want to take it off to leave in tab lol.

Well thanks for any advice.
March 27th, 2019
General:
* Minor improvements all over the guide.
* Fixed some typos/grammar.

Overview:
* Removed third paragraph, since Trickster is currently overpowered.

Sythesis League:
* Changed important note into quick overview what Synthesis league brings to the build.
* Synthesiser mechanics should be slightly easier to understand now. They're also more consistent with wording.
* Added one more bow implicit, extremely defensive one.
* Added another quiver implicit

Crafting Section:
* Helmet fossil crafting no longer uses Pristine by default. Reason: so -9% res is easier to hit, also to potentially roll %evasion for defensive purposes. Still listed as an optional fossil.

=============

The only thing missing right now is master mission section (that i've scrapped due to not enough space). Gonna finish it sometime soon. I'll keep thinking about possible improvements, but got none other at the moment. Maybe i'll record some videos later on.

"
IceMatrix a écrit :
Spoiler
Hi Dankaw, first I am sorry for the loss of your character. Having formerly played hardcore a lot, I know the feeling of losing a level 95+ character is really a difficult thing.

My question: In some of your comments you make mention of a jeweller's method of crafting 3red 1 blue for an all evasion piece of gear. Or I think you did, it was pretty confusing though. When I stick my boots in the crafting bench, they already have 4 linked sockets, the only crafting options I get that are not having to do with mods is chromatic options. Do my boots have to be not 4 linked for the jeweler's method to be accessible?

Also, I reached the point where I need Clarity. But I'm not sure where to stick it, I had minion life on the stone Golem, but I suppose I could put it there. Anyhow, if you have a minute can you check my gear and tell me what to upgrade next in your opinion? If not I will understand, can't be checking everyone's gear and all. I know my flasks are not in ideal setup right now, but I needed the mana flask until I add Clarity I guess. Besides flasks what should I upgrade? I made the quiver the bow and bought a decent kintsugi. Bought a helm with the enchant. still waiting for gems to get to 20, but I already bought one high quality caustic arrow and gcp'ed it up to 20. I can't seem to unveil the bow craft for extra chaos multiplier or whatever it's supposed to be, Do you know any trustworthy people in Synthesis normal league that might have the craft on their bench? I got the bow on my 5th Chaotic resonator attempt, Was so easy, thinking about selling it and seeing if I can make another one that gets better mods. But don't want to take it off to leave in tab lol.

Well thanks for any advice.

If you couldn't find option to change sockets, then you've missed the recipe in delve. You can find the list of locked mods and where to find them at the bottom of crafting bench.

Your gear is solid all around. Flasks are most important right now. Afterward i recommend trying to get nice elder ring %4-5 chance to evade attacks. Craft or buy.

Sucks that you can't find the chaos DoT multi craft, just keep searching for syndicate. You'll find it eventually. And nope, i always craft my own gear myself. Also, you're missing Vaal Grace, it's really damn useful.

Changing sockets on your boots are also a priority, get those craft recipes and do it with the method i described in earlier post. Or just watch Pohx's video about jeweller's coloring method.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 27 mars 2019 18:35:44
Try this build looks interesting
Dernière édition par AntiSocialShizoid, le 27 mars 2019 15:23:25
Is it worth getting the +1 to bow gems implicit on a shit base? One with like 1.25 AS? Over just a normal thicket or maraketh bow with +3
Dernière édition par Lupofin, le 27 mars 2019 16:20:51
Newest patch added new synthesised implicits that were previously unavailable, so i added one more implicit for a quiver.

"
Lupofin a écrit :
Is it worth getting the +1 to bow gems implicit on a shit base? One with like 1.25 AS? Over just a normal thicket or maraketh bow with +3

Sure, why not? If you have money for it (and i bet it's ridiculous amount) You'll have to properly multicraft it first, with tier 1 attack speed and other good damage mods. If the bow had higher attack speed, multicrafting wouldn't be necessary. Then again, it's probably worth throwing money on it since it's going to be your final bow.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 27 mars 2019 18:43:49
Great build, was having a bit of trouble at the start but level 90 now and rolling. I dont think I have died with this character but I am on Softcore. Anyways quick question, is there a specific reason we are not using Atziri's Step? Since spell mitigation is the biggest weakness of this build I feel like they should be a no brainer, especially if I get the spell dodge enchant on them. Thanks in advance.

Edit. Just re-read and you mentioned they are great if you have resistance's capped so that answers my question.

Carry on, nothing to see here.
Dernière édition par dkowalch, le 27 mars 2019 23:36:42
Kintsugi 6L or 5L? in your guide 5L
"
DankawSL a écrit :
March 27th, 2019

Changing sockets on your boots are also a priority, get those craft recipes and do it with the method i described in earlier post. Or just watch Pohx's video about jeweller's coloring method.

wow! that's really something. I missed that until now. Thank you.
I want to play this build on consoles as semi ssf because of the crappy market. So the question is raider or trickster? What are your thoughts about it? I'm a bow newbie and want to follow your build.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires