[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hey, following your guide as a new player. Great build. From knowing nothing about POE to being lvl 92 now with almost full atlas completion (10/15 zana quest, beat elder once, guardian minotaur/chimera beaten

I was lucky with exalt drops and already have a 7l lvl18 vicious proj elder bow crafted. What gems should i use on it? Currently i am using damage on full life but im open to alternatives, not really liking it.

Would appreciate some tips on endgame now because i feel like i've hit a dead end, cant find high tier maps reliably, dont know which to run etc.

Thanks for the guide
"
dimmitsaras a écrit :
Hey, following your guide as a new player. Great build. From knowing nothing about POE to being lvl 92 now with almost full atlas completion (10/15 zana quest, beat elder once, guardian minotaur/chimera beaten

I was lucky with exalt drops and already have a 7l lvl18 vicious proj elder bow crafted. What gems should i use on it? Currently i am using damage on full life but im open to alternatives, not really liking it.

Would appreciate some tips on endgame now because i feel like i've hit a dead end, cant find high tier maps reliably, dont know which to run etc.

Thanks for the guide

all like before but u need to add empower on level 3 - 4 (not really cheap right now :)) or mirage archer but its not really good option - maybe on low level maps
Very good guide. TY for it.
I am not sure I followed all subtilities (example :staff use)
I was lucky enough to buy a 6L +3 bow on week 1 for 1,5 Ex

My current Character build : https://pastebin.com/gYYYjeg8

I got 2 problems:

1. The temple architects

I just ruin all Temples above T11 map. I just can t kill them fast enough
Only ways I can see to improve my current DPS
- add chaos damage on both rings
- use the Dying sun flask
- Replace damage on full life by Empower 3
will this be enough to deal with T16 Temple encounters?

My bow Steelwood bow not Maraketh but I don't see how this could impact DPS.

2. Max evasion is far for 90%
- In Hideout my "estimated chance to evade attacks" is 59% with grace on
- In Hideout wwith JAde flask, it jumps to 71% seemed capped after.
- I use Starkonja's but it does not seems much effective.

What am I doing wrong with DPS and evasion?
"
gotzon a écrit :

I got 2 problems:

1. The temple architects

Well u have 300k shaper dps atm, so u can kill all content with this (just level up ur gems, swap jawel).
Im blind or u dont use Malevolence aura?

always (if you have a lot currency u can craft 7 link or u can remove some hp from tree and use talents like "avatar of the hunt", "master fletcher" etc

about evasion u dont have any on rings... i know its not extra cheap :)
and what about atziris boots?:)

edit: i have also 91 lvl and https://youtu.be/s6IUii6zGq0 here you have total random gameplay form t15 map (troll a lot, fail a bit) just chill and talk with my friend :D
i self craft / buy this gear for like 20 c
Dernière édition par fuksdelux, le 23 mars 2019 08:37:14
"
dimmitsaras a écrit :
Spoiler

Thanks for the guide

Efficacy support can be a replacement for DoFL, however it gives way less damage. Your issue with "not liking it" is most likely prejudice that it's not working sometimes. It works almost all the time, seriously. If you're still not convinced, switch to Efficacy.

Map tiers get harder to sustain as you progress, that's true. The further you go, the harder you have to invest currency to get returns. There are many way to do that, however simple chiseling and alching should give you enough to nearly sustain them, you might have to fall back to earlier tiers once in a while. I don't want to get into more expensive methods as i almost never felt a need to do them.

"
gotzon a écrit :
Spoiler

I got 2 problems:

1. The temple architects

* Level 20 CA, you should have 21 by now, if you got unlucky vaals then you should buy one.
* You didn't pick duration nodes, but bought helmet instead. Take jewel slots or damage nodes instead of duration ones.
* You don't have Dread Banner. It substantially lowers your chance to evade
* Since you seem to use Grace instead of Malevolence, you should buy Watcher's Eye with #% chance to Evade Attacks and divine it to 8%.

About the architects, i've had no issues with killing them personally UNLESS the map had chaos resistance mod which immensly increases their life pool (they're naturally very resistant to chaos). The trick is to also kill other monsters while you kill architect. And obviously, curse and set up totems. He'll go down quickly.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 23 mars 2019 08:36:09
"
fuksdelux a écrit :
Spoiler
Well u have 300k shaper dps atm, so u can kill all content with this (just level up ur gems, swap jawel).
Im blind or u dont use Malevolence aura?

always (if you have a lot currency u can craft 7 link or u can remove some hp from tree and use talents like "avatar of the hunt", "master fletcher" etc

about evasion u dont have any on rings... i know its not extra cheap :)
and what about atziris boots?:)

edit: i have also 91 lvl and https://youtu.be/s6IUii6zGq0 here you have total random gameplay form t15 map (troll a lot, fail a bit) just chill and talk with my friend :D
i self craft / buy this gear for like 20 c
=> Indeed I use Grace and not Malevolence, I'll try to swap and see how I survive.
=> I'll take a deep look on the +% evasion rings And Atziri's foot step should be ok with few white sockets
=> Thanks for response and sharing.

"
DankawSL a écrit :
Spoiler
* Level 20 CA, you should have 21 by now, if you got unlucky vaals then you should buy one.
* You didn't pick duration nodes, but bought helmet instead. Take jewel slots or damage nodes instead of duration ones.
* You don't have Dread Banner. It substantially lowers your chance to evade
* Since you seem to use Grace instead of Malevolence, you should buy Watcher's Eye with #% chance to Evade Attacks and divine it to 8%.

About the architects, i've had no issues with killing them personally UNLESS the map had chaos resistance mod which immensly increases their life pool (they're naturally very resistant to chaos). The trick is to also kill other monsters while you kill architect. And obviously, curse and set up totems. He'll go down quickly.
Spoiler
=> Level 21 CA : I got 6 CA gems cooking at the moment. this point should be ok by the end of the week end.
=> Indeed one more jewel node could help
=> dread banner I used when I started mapping, drop it for Decoy totem but I ll give it a second try I must have missed something with it.
=> watcher eye + evade : I'll try that
=> Indeed as the build can do anymap roll, I mayy have missed the +chaos resist to architects.
=> Thanks for these adivces
Thanks for the build DankawSL! This is my first bow character (and first ever Ranger ascension) and I'm really enjoying it! ~120k Shaper DoT DPS and climbing!

I also wanted to draw attention all the questions DankawSL has answered throughout this thread. That takes a dedication of time and resources that should not be understated. Thank you. We are very lucky to have people like you in the Path of Exile community. I am personally very grateful for the information, and just wanted to take a moment to recognize DankawSL's hard work here.
I'm wondering about running both Grace and Malevolence. Thought of using passives in tree to get some reduction od reserved mana and using Enlighten in Malevolence-Grace-Dread Banner setup.

I really like new aura, but wanted to test how it feel having that juicy 95% evasion or something close.

Is it possible or better to drop the idea?

Guide has reached 1 million views! Thank you for all the support! I'll be updating the guide as i've been for the past year.

The next update should be within 2 days, i've already settled on what and if i want to change anything at all. Writing up the synthesis crafting is obviously going to be the toughest part.

"
Yamarin277 a écrit :
I'm wondering about running both Grace and Malevolence. Thought of using passives in tree to get some reduction od reserved mana and using Enlighten in Malevolence-Grace-Dread Banner setup.

I really like new aura, but wanted to test how it feel having that juicy 95% evasion or something close.

Is it possible or better to drop the idea?

With right gear you can still achieve 95% effective evade chance. It's really tough on budget, but if you invest in right gear it's entirely possible to reach it without Grace.

However you CAN run double aura + Banner combo, but only if you pick up Eldritch Battery (i say NO to Essence Worm). I wanted to use EB this league but i kind of withdrawn from the idea. The best solution i've found is Devouring Diadem. No need for Enlighten, no need for very high ES values due to special trigger skill and 120 ES regen craft on belt, the points spend towards EB could be spend on life instead (~same life values). It's absolutely perfect for it.

The only sad thing is inability to use Aspect of the Crab... i've really hoped for it to be possible but it's ~2-3% mana reservation short if you had both helmet and Enlighten 4. I would've jump on the train right away. You also most likely lose helmet enchantment (unless you run the lab yourself) and possibility of fossil crafted -9% chaos reduction. It's still really good helmet tho.

Overall, i've been thinking about EB a lot recently and i'm leaning towards "it's not that good as it seems to be". I could give a really detailed breakdown but i don't want to spend over an hour to write it up.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thank you for guide ! I really enjoy playing all 3 CA rangers !

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires