Harbinger Content Integration

Both the map rerolling orbs were good... not really needed since sooner or later you will fill the atlas out anyways but it just makes it so much easier to run maps you want to run

I also agree that they need to bring some type of legacy system back because it was good
Edit:
This is MY opinion, but it was shared by other players I've talked to

After playing this game for about 3 years, it really looks like GGG has a real problem with integrating league content to the core game...

Harbinger mechanics was, in my opinion (and that opinion seems to be shared by quite a lot of people) a true pain in the a**.

The currencies however were simply awesome! Most of the reasons given in this manifesto for their decision are, let me be honest, totally stupid...

Annulement orbs: okay, I liked those (although real craft is still only available to players who stack a ton of currency)

Horizon/Harbinger orbs: they were really useful for more "casual" players.
"
we felt it took a lot away from unlocking the Atlas, and made jumping up map tiers too easy.

Who cares???? Currently, the "elite" of players reaches T16 in maybe a week! Who gives a damn if they could do it in 6 days instead? No one does but them (and GGG it seems).
Meanwhile, a lot of player simply stops playing because they get stuck at a lower tier and are bored of running 20x the same map, expecting to loot a +1tier map not already unlocked.

Orbs of binding made leveling easier when playing self-found. Nothing to add.
Actually yes there's something to add: what's the point to finding only 3 binding orbs while leveling 1=>50 and then getting 50+ of those when mapping?

Engineer's orbs: I personnaly like those, but found them pretty much useless due to the scarcity of interesting strongboxes... I mean, I leveled two characters to 85 and 89 and haven't seen a single cartographer strongbox!

But really the worst part is:
"
Harbinger will be available from Zana as a league option in the future

STOP THIS. Zana's mods is a dumb thing!
The mods are crazy expensive! I won't discuss the fact that you can loot some legacy items, but I really want to point out that it makes FUN content unavailable to a lot of players!
I personnaly really liked Beyond and Invasion, but haven't ever run a single Invasion mod simply because of its cost. Same goes for Perandus.
And making things "random in maps only" is cool if you run something like 30 maps a day, otherwise who cares? A lot of players in my guild haven't open a single breach as they were simply non existent... So yeah, Breach was extremely rewarding (exp, loot...) but most importantly it was FUN! And we don't get that fun part anymore.

As someone mentionned in this thread, why not make a customisable Zana tree with mods or leaguestones? Players could chose what they liked!
It's sad that a lot of interesting content is often dumped once the league ends...

Has anyone gathered enough gold coins and traded them for a Headhunter to Perandus? I kinda doubt it...
Dernière édition par LeGardien, le 2 nov. 2017 13:28:50
IGN: Steeldraconis
G3 Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/goodguygaming
Youtube: http://tinyurl.com/y5nvpcpo
Check out the CHAD Zerker build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2478633
S𓆣C𓆣A𓆣R𓆣A𓆣B𓆣G𓆣O𓆣D𓆣L𓆣I𓆣V𓆣E𓆣S𓆣
Sure am gonna miss those Harbinger orbs and Orbs of horizon
once again the developers want to remove any fun from the game.

Being able to unlock the atlas and having the horizon orbs to swap from less desired map to a more enjoyble layout was great.

Harbinger orbs were strong , but made sustaining maps much easier . They actually countered the poor rng of map drops being several tiers lower than the map you ran.

GGG needs to stop balacing the game around people getting to max level by having no other life commitments. Just stop caring that they hit max level and work on actual content to go to the core game for once.

Kind of ridiculous that you'd remove harbinger/horizon orbs on the basis that it makes atlas unlocking too easy when:

1. Most players do not unlock their atlas anyway, they craft the atlas to only drop maps they want

2. Players can still go on poe.trade to 'unlock' maps on their atlas by buying from another player.

So the entire argument seems void.

Harbinger/horizon orbs, especially horizon orbs, were a currency that was utilized heavily by players who did not want to rely on playing the trading game and were probably 2 of the best things that came into poe.

I can't speak on behalf of annulments because crafting is way too expensive/hard in temp leagues so I always sold mine away to buy items I wanted directly rather than crafting.

Anyway, just doesn't feel like this reasoning is good at all. My 2 cents on it.
Also 2 more things:

1. I'm surprised there is no announcement on beachhead map. I think beachhead would be a fun map to play and rather balanced if you dropped the exp rate/drops of the map. Sometimes people like to just play a map full of monsters. That's what the core idea behind a hack and slash game is right? I'm not sure where the game is trying to go at this point with reducing monster pack sizes and such.

2. Yes, tempest binding was a very popular item because 'socketed gems are supported by' items are inherently strong due to the high value you're getting.

#2 leads me to another point that I think 6 linking is way too strong in this game, which is why an item which can add a pseudo 7-8 links becomes extremely powerful. Supports are too powerful, period. 6-linking should certainly give players a power boost, but not to the degree that currently exists in the game that many builds do not feel functional without a 6 link.

What I would really love to see is balancing around nerfing the strength of supports and buffing the strength of core skill gems such that the end-game damage might remain the same, but the scaling of supports to get there is not as relevant i.e. a 5-linked skill does reasonably close damage to a 6-link, so getting a 6-link is a nice-to-have upgrade, but does not feel as 'mandatory' as the current state of the game.

Long story short, rescale supports such that 6-link on an item does the same damage as now, but maybe each support does anywhere between 10-20% more damage rather than the 30-50% we have atm, and people can scale more on their core skill gem instead.

Yes, this might result in the game content becoming too easy, but that can be fixed by also scaling the power of skill gems to be non-linear as was done for some skills in existence today, so the real power spike comes between gem levels 15-20 at which point the majority of content between a1-10 should have already been completed.
Zana's mode are a bit expensive, 5 chaos for nemesis, 6 chaos for breach... at least -1 chaos on each mod would be more balance. My 2 coppers.
"
Kind of ridiculous that you'd remove harbinger/horizon orbs on the basis that it makes atlas unlocking too easy when:

1. Most players do not unlock their atlas anyway, they craft the atlas to only drop maps they want

2. Players can still go on poe.trade to 'unlock' maps on their atlas by buying from another player.

So the entire argument seems void.

Completely agreed.
Perandus map costs 10exalts... this isn't exactly "too easy" in regards to unlocking the full atlas bonuses. Point being, regardless of harbinger/horizon orbs it is still VERY difficult to unlock full map bonuses. A feat I have not accomplished in over 4 years of playing, and not because I never had 10 exalts, but because there were 100+ more fun/better ways to spend my 10 exalts.

Why's leveling gotta be more painful than pulling teeth?
I've been playing for over 4 years and never once max leveled any character. Harbinger offered the only real opportunity for me to do so, and yet, I never cared to. So, why is EVERYONE forced to be burdened by the weight of the 1% who clearly aren't normal functioning people?

Seems, to me, like you take what could be a phenomenal game and turn it into simply a great game with so many, "MEH," moments.
Dernière édition par KW1178, le 2 nov. 2017 14:13:14
Leveling with beachhead maps was a lot of fun but it was expected that it wouldn't be permanently added due to its huge XP gain.
Horizon's and Harbinger's orbs were also very useful. Now we have to go back to the crap way of filling the atlas.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires