3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

So I'm dicking around in Standard with a new RF Jugg, using some equipment I've gleaned from previous RF chars in leagues past and...holy shit this build is painful to play. It's a slow, ineffective ZDPS build during leveling before you can get Koam's Heart going.

The first page says you can transition around level 45 if your gear is good...how?! How does anyone go RF at level freaking 45 when I'm level 61 with 80% fire res and a Vitaly Watcher's Eye and I'm just being brutalized? Is this some kind of typo?
Eh? I leveled mine this league using mainly RF (in a Tabula adding gems up to 6L as I leveled) and SR transitioning at level 24 when you first get access to Vitality using a flat regen Watcher's Eye, Shaper's seed, Meginord's Vise, and Springleaf, and 2 Kikizaru's for regen. Then a cheap String of servitude with all res implicit (42-48 all res) with a Goldrim for resists and had no issues, most things died as I just ran/shield charged past them and my first death somewhere in red maps pushing up too quickly before my level/gear had caught up. For higher damage while leveling you can use an Ashcaller for the fire dot multi/burning damage, just can't use EE until you transition to a rare replacement due to the fire damage to spells.

If you're concerned with speed try the AoE HoA, ignite prolif, explode chest variant once you've leveled some more and have points for the cluster jewels.

As for tankiness that's reliant on gear a lot as you need more life for more regen, etc. As stated previously RF is a very linear progression build, you get out what you put into it. Last time I pulled Rhah's toon for comparison he had about 8.6k life, 3mil shaper dps, and 2k+ net life regen.

Just about everything I've mentioned above is already listed in his leveling gear guide on page 1, except he recommends a Darkness Enthroned with 2 %life regen while moving abyss jewels with some res and/or max life

Looking at your gear you have almost no regen putting you at a net 38 life regen at your max endurance charges (104 is you're using Arakaali and helped Oak), very little fire/burning damage in your gear and are missing 5 life rolls on your rares. As you're in standard there should be a plethora of chump gear you could find for a few meager chaos. Though as you said, you're getting pretty close in level to be able to buy a Kaom's Heart to replace your chest. You can look into a Horror helm to get a 6-7L helm for your RF which will help a lot with your damage since you're currently only running it as a 4L which is ~120% less damage.

Also you're using Resolute Technique which negates the ability to crit for a 40% more multiplier with Elemental Overload.
Dernière édition par xXAzrienXx, le 7 août 2020 17:08:24
"
Dr_Destino a écrit :
Hi guys, I sm trying out this build, but for a build that's supposed to be tanky, I'm dying nearly every map I run...DMG is crap, survivability is crap...And I have invested many exalts here...

Here is the PoB for my current setup, if any of you guys can help me figue out why the hell I keep dying without killing most bosses:

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/1v0zGRj5

How much do you mean by "many exalts?" RF is an extremely expensive build every league, so it's possible you haven't invested enough. From a quick glance, your gear is average at best, no offense intended.

In terms of DPS I didn't look too closely as to why it's so low, but it looks like you aren't using scorching ray/WOC for fire exposure. Also if you're going to use a staff it must be a GG staff with +5 to gems and 60 fire multi or whatever, as there is no reason to use it over a sceptre/shield otherwise. RF shields like this are pretty easy to craft.

In terms of defence, there's just no way you should be "dying without killing most bosses" with the life and regen you have, unless i'm looking at something wrong on POB. Are you talking about map bosses or guardian/Sirus? I have only 7 endurance charges and less net regen than you, but I almost never die unless I'm looking at my phone or something.

I know the guide says to use Kaom's but I have never enjoyed playing with it. I much rather the extra sockets on an actual body armour, plus whatever bonuses you can get on the armor itself. Here's a mid-tier warlord astral plate i made with harvest that cost about 4-5 ex to finish.

Dernière édition par Grumpsy918, le 7 août 2020 17:07:14
You guys are so helpful it's insane I think I've been exposed too g1 to often some of their trollish tendencies rubbed off on me.

And to the person saying their are dying to everything, I'd suggest not buying all your gear for 1 alteration each but it looks like you picked off your gear from act 1. Also please don't spec into resolute tech when she playing rf

Also for leveling I usually welfare cyclone with rare/terminus est till 68 then I buy the koams and spec into rf from there. Last league started using spell splinger till 68
Dernière édition par zheng738, le 7 août 2020 21:29:00
"
subliminaldelta a écrit :

The first page says you can transition around level 45 if your gear is good...how?! How does anyone go RF at level freaking 45 when I'm level 61 with 80% fire res and a Vitaly Watcher's Eye and I'm just being brutalized? Is this some kind of typo?

Just did a trial run for my league start, swapped to RF after first lab (35ish) w only springleaf. Not fully sustaining but just enduring cry keeps me going. 45 would sustain w leveled vitality, 2 extra max fire res and extra regen.

Between stone golem, purity of fire, vitality, skill tree and ascendency focussed on regen and only springleaf.

Note that the guide recommends not to swap
to RF early and that IF you want to, it recommends Kikazaru, springleaf and shapers seed.
del.
Dernière édition par Ononeemas, le 13 août 2020 21:38:22
Is using a 6L chest instead of kaoms and use it for some actual damage on Scorching Ray worth it?

I kinda want to melt bosses as fast as possible, but also need to survive :D
"
Haaaaps a écrit :
Is using a 6L chest instead of kaoms and use it for some actual damage on Scorching Ray worth it?

I kinda want to melt bosses as fast as possible, but also need to survive :D

Of course it's worth it. Check my chest.

Dernière édition par Ononeemas, le 10 août 2020 11:11:30
Depends on how much health you're comfortable having. But keep in mind it'll hit your RF damage hard- my Kaom's accounts for like 25% of my fire DOT.
hi, i got small but anoying problem:
why rf is turning off when i use flask with consecrated ground...?

and second question:
how can i kill bosses faster? i clear maps easy and fast, but bosses...
i have ~2mil dps

and one more:
what for i need inspiration charges from the shield charge?

btw. thx for very nice build :)
Dernière édition par KondziioR, le 11 août 2020 05:36:23

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires