3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"

Ok, thanks a lot for the input. I think i may look in to some of them to posably try to reroll to, from ones that dont use cyclone since iam sick of that spinning ;)

Yeah man hope you have a good time, that's just my opinion though, I might be wrong but after leveling 3 rf characters to 100 mapping and also playing real afk/ignore everything tanks I know how fragile RF is sometimes.
"
"

Ok, thanks a lot for the input. I think i may look in to some of them to posably try to reroll to, from ones that dont use cyclone since iam sick of that spinning ;)

Yeah man hope you have a good time, that's just my opinion though, I might be wrong but after leveling 3 rf characters to 100 mapping and also playing real afk/ignore everything tanks I know how fragile RF is sometimes.

haha all good, thanks for your opinion. Currently iam looking at HOWA CI Jugg thing, looks super tanky with nice damage, that i have never tried. Looks interesting. Outdated guide but ill manage.
p.s. leveling as rf from lvl24 was fun (for me). Thanks :)
just saw the profile for the number 2 or 3 guy on poeninja and its very interesting the way he has his tree setup

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Adman_552/RighteousPactauder?i=0&search=class%3DJuggernaut%26skill%3DVaal-Righteous-Fire%26sort%3Ddps%26sort-asc

different, but very very effective. good gear too

I am gonna learn from him and adjust my tree

edit wow I fked up... I was comparing results and one had flasks turn on and the other had flasks turned off...going back to my old tree with some minor tweaks

path of building doesn't recognize thread of hope it says I am 8.3k hp while I am at 9.1k

did some tree/dps comparison with the rf users that went all out dps, I don't think I will go that route. if its like a 40% more dps increase id be glad to drop 1k life for the extra damage, but it turns out its like a 15% damage increase for me to lose 1k life.

tried wave of conviction, doesn't seem to work for me since it applies fire exposure but it also triggers ee negative making them resistant to fire, I can bounce it back but it just keeps rebouncing back an forth, unless I am doing it wrong.

its confirmed you can only have 1 type of "exposure" from either scorching ray or wave of conviction, the highest one will apply, both cannot stack together, but apparently I am not 100% sure here, but combustion support gem can stack ontop of exposure, I am not sure here however
Dernière édition par zheng738, le 17 janv. 2020 00:36:55
learned about monster lvl 86 maps (thanks to 3 diff new watchstones with +monster lvl - note: they do NOT stack if they are the same type but they WILL drain a charge from each one), and i was able to clear everything fine with this build - including the metamorph. my dps didn't really feel very high against the metamorph fight, but it's nice being reminded of the t16 metamorph fights when my gear wasn't very great.

the best piece of elder/shaper in 2 runs was a 20c base.
Dernière édition par jaeds, le 17 janv. 2020 01:48:25
As you are mentioning the lvl 86 maps:
If you buy those watchstones in trade have a look on the remaining charges, as those can have up to (i think) 12 charges, but there are a lot of listings with only 1 charge left.

So if you want to run those buy with 12 charges and sell with 1 remaining charge. That feels scammy but in fact there is a strategy which allows you to play awakened 8 atals with only 4 real watchstones (in the area you want to constantly run) and 28 unique watchstones in all the other areas.
This strat is mainly used by weekend exiles who wont make it to 32 watchstones in the league anyway.

Best regards
Bernhart
Indisponible
Indisponible
Indisponible
Indisponible

also packsize stone has been fixed after this patch

this is also the reason why ilv86 astral/two-toned boots are dirt cheap this league
Dernière édition par zheng738, le 17 janv. 2020 02:38:18
Ce post contient des objets qui sont actuellement indisponibles.
I need some questions answered, I am getting conflicting answers from different places.

look up the gem combustion support, and the mechanics for ignite. apparently only FIRE DMG can ignite an enemy, and it has to hit, so sr and rf obviously can't ignite i get that already. however... if you link combustion support to something like stormbrand. the tooltip ingame for stormbrand will say 50% chance to ignite the enemy on hit. yet stormbrand isn't a fire skill. i am extremely confused here. ingame tooltip will say stormbrand on hit will ignite if supported by combustion, yet the wiki says non fire skills can't ignite...wat???

i don't care about the burning damage that is dealt after igniting the enemy, i simply want to know if you can ignite stuff with combustion support that's not a fire skill
On the Ignite topic:

From Wiki:
- A hit of damage that has a chance to ignite is capable of inflicting ignite. Critical strikes inherently have a 100% chance to ignite.

and

- the base duration of ignite is 4 seconds. The burning damage over time is 50% of the base damage of the hit of fire damage, per second

My interpretation is, that combustion support gives you a chance to ignite for non crit hits (as crits have 100% already). Ignite damage is only calculated by fire damage of the hit. If you have zero fire dmg on your hits you won't inflict an ignite. There are items like Hrimburn, three dragons or stormfire which will consider dmg from other elements into the calculation for ignite dmg.

I am not sure how to confirm my interpretation or how to test it, but i hope i could help a little to clarify this topic zheng.

Best regards
Bernhart
This is quite interesting. So, for Stormbrand to ignite something, you need to use a Stormfire ring. Then if you link Stormbrand with Combustion gem, it will have a chance to ignite the target and give it -19% to fire res. Ring slot and a gem slot is a hard trade... but seems viable if you are going for max dps. If i remember right, it should be something like 15% more damage from that -res mod alone. Other mods on Stormfire don't seem that bad as well. The burn mod might be quite useful in Metamorph fights if you use Skitterbots. They will be running around and shocking all those minions. The burn damage buff could potentially stack to a quite high number considering how many mobs there are.
Hello friends. I will share my RF chieftain setup with 1.7 mil RF dot https://pastebin.com/GuvWMsM6

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires