Breach and Legacy as Core Game Mechanics

As a player who plays only on leagues and play this game from closed beta, I think that breaches on maps only are good idea, because breaches are causing a lot of lags on any PC rig. When you play hardcore you can gear up before you go to maps where you can come across a breach. However, the amount of splinters will be ridiculously low if you dont increase the drop rate. As only league player I always get to lvl 90-93 on my league character, but was never able to create more than one full breachstone. Domains were made AGAIN not balanced mechanic. You dont care about defenses in domain because you have to have enough damage to kill mobs in really short time limit. So again another damage over defenses mechanic.

For leaguestones, its a shame you are canceling them. Legacy league was finally league where every plaer had access to all mods, not only the rich grinding one, who spend a lot of time playing the game. Not every player can afford to play game for few or several hours a day (btw i am plaing several hours a day, but many players dont). Lot of your supporters probably are employed to afford the supporters pack and they dont have much time laft per day to grind poe to get to full game content. Zana mods are just ridiculously expensive. You could just add to map device functionality for leaguestones or rework maps so than you can roll maps with leaguestones instead of orbs, where leaguestones would roll some negative mods not only positive.

It is really a shame you removed legacy features in 3.0.0
Leaguestone mechanics was finally fun mechanics.
The statement that you dont want to overhaul new players with lot of mechanics is nonsense.
A lot of mechanics is what makes game good, not fancy graphics or physics nor microtransactions (btw i know you make profit from them to run this game, i like microtransactions i spend over 400€ on them already). The game before endgame maps is empty, you just rush progress to get to maps to enjoy the mechanics (at least me).

The drop rate of reliquary key was really low and chance to get good item from chest was even lower. You just created a lot of new "legacy" copies of items before league start. Lot of these "legacy items" was just less powerful versions of normally dropable items (for example Taryns Shiver).

You always write to manifesto or posts, that you want to make this game fun to every player.
Congratulation you are just removing the fun from the game. Because the Legacy was finally fun.

Sorry for long post and bad grammar.
Dernière édition par Quincy, le 31 mai 2017 03:15:18
Really had high hopes for legacy leaguestones and ancient reliquary keys to make it into the core game, just as they are in legacy! :(
Could have thought of something else for zana... maybe let her spawn masters for chaos?

Also, with the recent major nerf to ES, how are ES shield characters ever able to do breaches again?... no ES steal + low ES + getting swarmed with mobs = not a good combo!
"In Legacy, players had access to past leagues and Breach was one of the most popular options. "

It spawned the most mobs, so it was the best for maintaining your map pool, getting xp, getting loot. It wasn't necessarily "popular".

It was necessary to run breach leaguestone otherwise you were nerfing everything.

You're using the same metric Blizzard does to measure success. They force people to do something and then go "Look at how many people are doing it, great success!"
For more detailed information, I do beta testing for $75 an hour.
Dernière édition par geoffreytuck, le 31 mai 2017 02:50:20
Great that breaches stay! but 10%? needs to be much higher to make it worthwhile and have the chance of getting 100 splinters.
Legacy could be implemented to Standard/Hardcore Permanent leagues... That for sure could give a second life for them =)
Bummer

While I don't like your decision about breaches, I can understand why you arte doing this.

But I can't agree ad do not understand why yu are removing stones. I hoped to see them in core. More options is always fun...

Sometimes I think this is how thought process in GGG looks like

* League XXX is a great success
* Cool. We will be ending it soon
* So maybe we will put it in core, so players after this league can still have fun with this mechanic?
* Que? Who cares about Standard?
* Well, folks who play on Standard are already considered inferior by us. Why screw them even more?
* Because I can!!!
[evil laugh]

Like I've said. Bummer :(
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
A little late to the party (and too late to read through), but why not itegrate league stones to the map device directly?
Brutus' Lead Sprinkler will receive a similiar nerf like a HoWA?
Bummer, was hoping for you to do the exact opposite. Right now and I imagine in 3.0 there's no real reason to play the regular game at all. Everybody just rushes thru to get to maps and ignores half the game.

I was really hoping you would keep league stones and breaches in the regular game and NOT in maps at all...
I'm torn on Breach. There are some of the items I like, some were over tuned while others were underwhelming. Chayula has been really rare, now likely to be basically non-existent. I do not like how breaches became a grind zone for great experience, I feel they should be more about the breachlord's loot than the huge amounts of experience and loot dropped by the mobs. Didn't like how it perpetuated the need for fast clearing build either since it does alienate part of the player base. I did like the mechanic of the hands and getting a boost of exp and a rush of danger because of the swarm mobs that came with them. Which this is the primary reason it was a top league stone used because it gave loads of loot and experience, then you had blue stones guaranteeing chayula or extra splinters.

I do not like league stones as they are. I think they are an okay addition into the game but would have to be a reward system where all you got were white league stones and they had unlimited charge. So like uber lab trials, some sort of league stone side zones that were rare that gave specific stone at completion and then you didn't have to do it again. Blue stones were much too exploitable and gave way too much loot and allowed too much top tier map sustain. If everyone could acquire a set of white stones, with unlimited uses they could play whatever 3 they wanted at all times and they could be balanced because you wouldn't have instances of certain mods anymore. This would lead to people whining about their HH prices dropping but in reality even during Nemesis it was a really rare item and there wasn't a ton of HH on the market this league, at least not enough to really cause them to become less valuable.

Only thing I'm waiting to see addressed is Sextants, they are far too powerful with the amount of mobs you can add to a map. Being able to lock crappy sextants on maps you wont run so you stack the odds even better for yourself and then of course being able to use white and yellow sextants to effect red tier maps you've shaped is a bit ridiculous. The game is becoming too much of a loot pinata. To combat this you could just simply make uniques ambiguous so that people had to actually pick them up and ID them. You know, every amulet drops as "amulet", 1h sword bases would just be "one-handed sword" a bit like how D2 had it. Also having the model be plain, not like how jewels where you can see what it is before identifying.

It makes loot more exciting without actually having to keep adding in over tuned or really good uniques all the time for people to "chase". Obviously you're still hoping for said items but the added suspense makes it a bit more fun. Secondary effect would be slowing down clear speed builds because they'd actually need to loot items before determining they are trash.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires