Energy Shield and Life

Don't know why people are so mad. Look's fine to me. Playing ES with 50% of investment compared to what you used on life. Now you just have to use the same. And you can still reach decent ES. Like having 10k ES isn't bad at all. You guys are way too mad.

Im looking forward to 100 race in 3.0 it looks balanced to me.
ES not being able to leech makes it kinda only usefull for some builds though not sure that was needed. But all the changes in reductions are FAIR.

ES mostly gonna be for summoners, psn stack, compared to before where it was everything, and life mostly gonna be every phys build. Kinda too divided but let's try it out.

Not sure how much the life changes will matter, but we can't expect anything since we don't know the 10 acts in 3.0 so it might all be fine.

Shaper is finally going to be a challenge as well.

Nice job so far, pretty much agree with all of it.

Now rant me random forum guys. I can take it. But i have no problem with this.

"
TenTonBlue a écrit :
"
bhavv a écrit :
"
superjack010 a écrit :
Finally! Thank god there's gonna be an actual challenge in the game. I bet ES will still be absurdly OP with occultist and regen. Quit your bitchin and learn a new tactic.

The game already is extremely challenging for anyone without perfect mirrored ES gears.

Maybe get off standard and try playing SSF.

Educate yourself

Easy and cheap 10k ES:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQd11LoVAvw

Man, i get what you're doing,but aren't you tired already?
10k es cannot save you from the madness that is fully buffed maps.
Please show me a life build that reaches 10k es survivability.
Now consider that this 10k es will drop to 6.5k.
Life builds got 500 more life and that's it.
You're focusing on the wrong problem mate.
Life needs to go up regardless of what happens to es.
It will end a struggle to clear hard t12 maps with these new data and we've already done buffed t15's, with some struggle but still.
Nobody likes to become worse in a game.
Stop being an es hater and focus on the whole game.
The real question:

Will acuity, legacy vinktar and berserker also not work with ES?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
What about melee ci builds? Without instant leech are you meant to go in, attack once, take one default attack from a monster, run away, wait for es to regen and repeat? One of the flaws for CI has always been you little to no other forms of defense, i don't see how you can even survive vs any form of ranged attack stopping your regen, Good luck in hc
"
Erecpyle a écrit :
"
"Guys, if you want build diversity just let 99% of players play the same thing. I mean, are you stupid?"

What's funny is that with these changes you get more diverse builds, because ES will be forced to play differently than life characters (since you're unable to leech ES AFAIK now and you have to depend on its regen).Right now most builds are "Just get damage,ES and facetank with leech brooooo".

I sure hope you do realize that 'ES' isnt a singular build, just as much as 'life' isnt a singular build.

I have no words to describe someone that thinks a players health or ES pool is what limits them to the same build.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Dernière édition par bhavv, le 18 mai 2017 00:33:20
"
69wanted69 a écrit :
"
Erecpyle a écrit :
"
es build lose leech.
life build have leech

ES was never supposed to be "Blue life", they're supposed to function differently.Instead of leech ES will have to focus on "ES Regen" (but most people don't like that cause it will require more investment than picking 2 nodes and being done with it).

what
who said?
maybe thats your idea
what if mine is different?
picking up two nodes?
no i need stun immune too so i dont get stunlocked
no i need freeze immune too so i dont get freeze for eternity
if i dont have vinktars i will need life leech nodes too
it function the same way as life build
i traveled down to duelist to get life leech, therefore i should have life leech
and that is not a two point investment
if anything sustaining flask should be nerfed.

Actually GGG said that a long time ago, so once again, you dont know what youre talking about.
"
Erecpyle a écrit :
"
who said?
maybe thats your idea

If ES=Life we'd have equipment that instead of Armor or Evasion would have life too.ES was always supposed to be a secondary defense like Armor/Eva UNLESS you invested heavily into it + CI.Also CI characters have the advantage of using 5 utility flasks while life builds need AT LEAST 1 (most of the time 2) flask slots for life flasks.

thats a lie
you can go life based char without life flasks too
if you need a life flask you're not doing it right
i run map without life flasks all the time.
and now tell me if es pool was bought in line with life
life can have armour and evasion, while es can have just es
and dont give me that heavy invest thing, you can literally do it better with life now
evasion char can use lightning coil and have 6-7k life? oh baby
es use lightning coil? wait wut
"
bhavv a écrit :
"
TenTonBlue a écrit :
"
matt29234 a écrit :
how are you actually this clueless about balancing your own game? absolutely pathetic.

How are you this clueless about the state of the game that you claim to know so much about? absolutely pathetic.

Why do people keep kissing GGG's *** no matter how fucked up their changes to the game are?

It's because people just want to argue with other people,nevermind the subject of the argument.
My thoughts on the changes:

Both ES mods and the base ES on items getting nerfed is probably needed to bring the total ES pool down into more realistic territory, especially since there will be even more ways to fiddle with ES, auras, and so on.

Speaking of:
Getting rid of the Infused Shield node (or at least changing it to not be a More multiplier) sounds good to me since neither life nor mana have such a multiplier. Bringing things closer together is the goal here after all.

Elreon's ring crafts are rather powerful and easy to get so nixing them is right in line with other changes.

Discipline's added ES getting lowered will definitely help lower the absurd defensive power that aurabots can bring, though I still worry how much a Guardian's mana to ES will provide.

Vaal Pact only working on life is perhaps extreme but extreme imbalances call for extreme rebalances. Considering how players tend to break the game each and every patch, having VP simply be Less Leech for ES might not even affect certain builds if they just got more damage and/or leech, so cutting out that option entirely might be necessary.

Ghost Reaver... The description says they're adding a multiplier to ES Recharge to the effect of making players choose between recharge and leech. I'm assuming the multiplier is less than 1 then? So if it's something like 50% less ES recharge but life leech is turned into ES leech then that would at least make people think for a bit about it.

Zealot's Oath is fine, I do agree. It takes insane regen levels for regen to come close to what VP can do so if those levels are pulled down then it mainly just allows for LL RF or ES Essence Drain to keep chugging along.

Master Crafting ES: Lowering the barrier to entry for ES builds sounds great to me!

New potential life rolls on AR and EV items: Yes, it was definitely odd how ES items could have three prefixes that boosted ES while life items only had the one. Having a second mod will allow for stronger life items to keep up.

Flat added defenses: Yeah, it's very annoying to have a hybrid item combining two defenses but the different defense mods are still split. This is on an ES manifesto, but I'm hoping it'll also apply to AR/EV pieces too? And will the hybrid life roll on AR/EV pieces also have both AR and EV in addition to the life? If so, fantastic!

Extra suffixes: Definitely looking forward to more potential mods on items so they can at least be a bit more interesting.

But I'm also wondering just how nuts ES recharge might get since it seems that mod is being thrown around all over the place. There's potential for it to basically be "Pause for a fraction of a second to enable my full ES recharge in another fraction of a second that life plebs have to use a flask slot for"
"
DrDraids a écrit :
What about melee ci builds? Without instant leech are you meant to go in, attack once, take one default attack from a monster, run away, wait for es to regen and repeat? One of the flaws for CI has always been you little to no other forms of defense, i don't see how you can even survive vs any form of ranged attack stopping your regen, Good luck in hc

This is literally what my very first CI melee claw shadow had to do waaaay before ES was originally buffed. Now it looks like we will be reverting to CI melee being 100% useless trash tier again.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Dernière édition par bhavv, le 18 mai 2017 00:35:26

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires