Energy Shield and Life

9k is possible with kaoms and amazing gear. Nearly there with ea pathfinder. With the better life buffs on gear and perhaps a few slight buffs in tree it could happen. I would be so happy if I could make that so in 3.0.
"
Archangel223 a écrit :
10k Life on a pathfinder? Is that a thing?

A real Pathfinder will find a path to 10k life, I'm sure.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Samyaza a écrit :
shocked

Wai. Doesn't builds that uses Vinktar also using shock immunity!? D:
Interesting mechanics enthusiast.
Dernière édition par farmazongold, le 19 mai 2017 13:02:38
"
Mateo_swe a écrit :
Noooo

What about Righteous fire?
If you lower ES this much the damage dealt with RF is going down the same % as it is based on total life and ES.
Cant you compensate RF skill for this loss?
Otherwise R.I.P. Righteous Fire skill.

Yea make it same to suffer 90% dmg from ES like it is from life why would ES give so big advantage, or even make it 110% for fun.
"
Toliman a écrit :
"
Archangel223 a écrit :

Continuing on your analogy of rich vs the poor, How would you feel if you went to the store and milk cost 100 dollars? Bread was 200 dollars? The rich could still handle this but how could a normal person handle such a thing?

Bread and Milk = medium es and life values. Which are attainable for everyone.
Everyone who wants more can invest the time to get the crazy ES values. Just like in real life, not everyone is willing to do it

Atziri and Shaper builds are not bread and milk level. They are not supposed to be beatable with medium value builds.

"
I don't actually think ES needed much nerfing outside of giving them Vaal pact. However, It must be frustrating for them to watch statistics of the same shit every league with 90% of builds re-rolling to ES.

why is this frustrating.
People go for the best. One thing is the best. Everyone may go for thing.
I personally dont because I play what I like. I still do freeze pulsers and RF because I like the style.

Why the need to control how people play?
dont worry about such things people find ways to do things their way. But if the devs keep making top down decisions deciding which builds are allowed to live and which do not have their favour they will destroy their game like Blizzard so frequently does.

There currently is no real end game. So eventually you may have to do Gaurdians/Shaper. That aside, you're right, those absolutely aren't something you must do. However, You are expected to do Izaro. Uber Izaro is something you must do for 2 ascendancy points and GGG isn't changing that. Therefore to some extent your characters are expected to be capable of taking on uber builds. Though this isn't the same as milk and bread, It is however asking someone to live off minimum wage while the cost of living is increasingly going up. It's just unrealistic.

You shouldn't control what people do, however ES has largely been abused and misused. ES is suppose to have a HUGE pool compared to life (which is again why this nerf shocks me). It scales well with massive damage too where as most life builds you need Life + other forms of mitigation Dodge, Evasion, Block, Armor....etc. This is because ES was never meant to be used with tanking unless you designed a tanky ES character like a Guardian for example.

The Original Ideal behind ES is that you can take some big hits while dishing out your own hits but if things get hot you have to move, keep your distance and recharge your ES. This is why I believe they will be putting more of a focus on Building an ES character with fast recharge rate and less of a recharge delay.

Characters that combine Life with multiple sources of Mitigation are technically designed to tank. The only character that may be a tad too much is probably an instant leaching Slayer/Berserker. With enough of a life pool they can basically do the same thing. I suspect we might see a change to that as well.

"

"i think you are overly dramatic, life don't suck that mutch even if i agree that ES is still more powerfull. i'm currently running a 5k life (0 endurance charges) build and with 5 passives invested in evasion, i've beaten all endgame and i'm still casually levelling in T14-15 maps double beyond. evasion paired with a good enfeeble, multiple VP leech sources (Blade vortex, blade fall, blade flurry), big damage and good mobility is a powerfull and effective defense. i'd choose it all day vs a high ES build less mobile.

i've also a 6.5k life build with endurance charges and despite being more tanky in numbers it dies more often because of a lower mobility. "big" numbers are not alway the answer.

if you make your own builds, gear cost is also greatly reduced.

considering oneshot mechanics, i still fail to understand why it's so important ? most of oneshot damages are clearly visible and telegraphed : long ass charged attacks for most endgame boss, volatiles (it's written on it so...), DD. all of these are easy to avoid with good mobility, awareness and game knowledge.

what pissed me of with ES and leech is that vinktar use is only positive. take a 6k life build, using vinktar is a big risk because even a usual hit can onshot you since you are shocked. with a 12k es build, vinktar's shock on player is almost unconsequencial."

I never said life sucks. It's simply not as good. If CI was a Jewel instead of a node and ES was near every character then every single character build would be better as an ES build. When heavily armored "Tanky" builds die in HC league while a supposedly glassy DPS survives the same content then the game is broken.

I have to say I always knew this day might come. I thought after Vaal Discipline Nerf when people were still hitting 40-50+ K builds with supports I realized it was likely. They hit pretty damn hard.

My biggest fear actually is we have a situation where now Life becomes better in every way than ES...and we have the same problem all over again.

We'll see what happens.
"
Archangel223 a écrit :
My biggest fear actually is we have a situation where now Life becomes better in every way than ES...and we have the same problem all over again.

We'll see what happens.

Yes, but life is far more fun to build than ES. I'd much rather have life in the top spot than ES has been for ages now.

"
Archangel223 a écrit :

I have to say I always knew this day might come. I thought after Vaal Discipline Nerf when people were still hitting 40-50+ K builds with supports I realized it was likely. They hit pretty damn hard.

We'll see what happens.

That's what GGG must try to avoid. If the DMG mitigation of armour and evasion worked how it's supposed and they could balance the effective health of a life character so that it matched the effective health of an ES character that would be win win. i.e. Life armour/evasion is not better than ES nor ES than life they both provide defenses in different ways and they work equally well or even exceptionally and unbelievably well were you to gear perfectly.
"
Marinxar a écrit :
NERF NERF NERF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Xol4j_5PM

More life builds face tanking shaper

Oh, WAIT! He has 16 ES. Life is useless! ES is so OP! NERF! NERF! NERF!
"
Samson001 a écrit :
"
Archangel223 a écrit :

We'll see what happens.

That's what GGG must try to avoid. If the DMG mitigation of armour and evasion worked how it's supposed and they could balance the effective health of a life character so that it matched the effective health of an ES character that would be win win. i.e. Life armour/evasion is not better than ES nor ES than life they both provide defenses in different ways and they work equally well or even exceptionally and unbelievably well were you to gear perfectly.

The only broken thing about ES was it's pool combined with VP. Without VP the pool is just that, a pool. It may or may not come back fast enough to survive boss encounters without it. My guess is it won't, with the way you have to not get hit for several seconds before recharge even starts and regular leech rate is abysmal.

deleted. misquoted sorry
Dernière édition par Samson001, le 19 mai 2017 14:02:29

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires