Minion Balance Changes in The Fall of Oriath Beta

"
Chris a écrit :

Spectres
We're hoping to have improvements to how spectres are stored, with the eventual goal of having spectres persist through logouts.

OMG, yes!!!
"
Chris a écrit :

Spectres
We're hoping to have improvements to how spectres are stored, with the eventual goal of having spectres persist through logouts.

This is overdue by a couple of years. I hate to be 'that guy', but this has been in the feedback thread for ages. Please tell me that this 'eventual goal', isn't as 'eventual' as the trade improvement that we've been waiting for, that will be of a much more significant priority. I think that every one of the developers should be required to play nothing but a summoner with spectres as their primary damage source for an entire season, while having to contend with disconnects and having to run through multiple maps again searching for new spectres. Maybe that will light a fire under their...you know.

The other changes seem rather generic and uninspiring as well. Simply reducing the total number of spectres seems like a rather lazy fix for network coding. One of the things that makes summoners fun is the nutty numbers achieved with minions and this just seems like another step in the direction of making the game more generic and console-like in playstyle. Why not simply cap the number of minions at say a number such as 10 and give them a huge damage mulitplier, make them the 'fotm', then nerf them again? That might fall more in line with the forced meta that we've been experiencing with other skills, right?

I am genuinely disgruntled now, because the proposed spectres change is the single most important change, but once again it's been placed on the back-burner...

I should hope this isn't simply an 'April Fool's' joke, because it's in rather poor taste if it is?...
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Dernière édition par JNF, le 1 avr. 2017 12:18:00
You need to start making videos about these manifestos, they are really boring to read since the changes they are made are too many -_-'

Also without personally knowing everything about the damage values of minions since you guys are not sharing much anyway. So im wondering if this should be considered a buff or a nerf...
GG your game programming needs to be slave to player experience and not the other way around.

One of the great weaknesses of PoE summoner in the early days when compared to D2 was just that it was epic boring and you could almost not have any minions out whereas in D2 you could have an army.

It feels great to have an army, it feels meh to have a couple ones.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
n00baphile a écrit :
Oh damn a Minion Damage spreadsheet from GGG, times are changing!

Wow ... GGG revealing their big secrets. Who would have expected it.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Ehh... please bring back the unlimited Raging Spirits.
LAME!

The best thing about playing a summoner is having lots and lots of minions to give all the mobs something besides you to attack. We are already weakened by having to have crap items just to increase our minion count and dps. Now we get to have a bowl of crap and eat it too?
Been reading alot of posts here, and besides what I've written in my first post I have to say the idea somebody posted to let catarina have a corpse us summoners can use is awesome.

It would be awesome if catarina could get a persistant corpse which can be used to both summon spectres as well as zombies! It doesn't even have to be tied to catarina, give us a corpse in the hideout we can use to create our minion army(zombies and spectres). This way it wouldn't even matter if minions stayed on log-out.

Personally I also agree with those suggesting to make skeletons permanent(even aura like) minions instead of timed. Especially if these changes are real.
LAME!

The best thing about playing a summoner is having lots and lots of minions to give all the mobs something besides you to attack. We are already weakened by having to have crap items just to increase our minion count and dps. Now we get to have a bowl of crap and eat it too?

Also, see lots of talk from people asking to make skellies and spirits reactive instead of aggressive. Do NOT listen to them. I don't want all my minions running off to attack wherever my cursor is because, well, then I am all alone and probably dead because of said crap items. Having skellies and spirits aggressive creates a meat shield that is paramount to survival. Again, don't listen to them. And please don't nerf the army of darkness numbers.
If you realy want to change something usefull for Summoner, than add some usefull informations on summoned minions, like dps, damage type(s), resists, AR/EV/ES.
And give some usefull mods on ES items (like Circlets). I've never seen any +1/2 Minion(s) on any rare Circlet or any rare Wand, but on every other bs Helmet.

But this beta changes is just a nerf for Summoner!
Sorry, my english is not nativ! ;-)
Dernière édition par Percles, le 1 avr. 2017 18:44:15

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires