[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
DamageIncorporated a écrit :

Can anyone (honest) tell me what corrupted Rainbowstride's go for? There aren't any in Harbinger. Or...there's one, with no price.

I can tell you that, without thinking too much about it, I wouldn't sell mine for less than 100c if I sold them.

It was an absolute pain to craft, if you choose to go for 3R1B setup. I started doing colouring and linking to then vaal, but realised how unfeasible that is (both jeweller/chrome-intensive and time-consuming). Ended up buying a bunch of them, vaaling first and Vorici-crafted after, which still is expensive (did jeweller method for colours).

If you use Wonderful's setup of 2R2B, it's much less of a hassle I guess :).

On the plus side I played with an extra frenzy charge for some time and liked it quite a lot ;).
Thanks guys.

And ya Mika, valid point, It's surprisingly viable to just run headlong into stuff with Temporal Chains.

I went ahead and ditched Tempest Shield though.
Any advise for how many primordial harmonies to get vs getting rare gems with dmg /block chance /resists?

Said rare gems are retardedly expensive, for flawed /low rolls too. I have two primordial harmonies right now and this
pos jewel right now.
Dernière édition par DamageIncorporated, le 14 sept. 2017 00:38:23
Hi there. I've wanted to try a lazy minion build for a while (I hate using SRS) and recently got the currency up to try this build fully. I'm a casual player (never got to Shaper yet), but with a build like this, I feel like I should.

Anyway, seeing as you're still actively answering questions (keep it up!), would you mind taking a look at my character? Sitting at 1.9k HP, 6.5k ES at 84. IGN is Infernical.

I've deviated from your build slightly, and I'd like your opinion on them:

1. I'm using The Pariah

with Discipline in it for a bunch of ES. This is mainly for the +100 ES (with a blue socket), as I already have capped resistances (not max for Elemental Weakness though; look at point #2).

2. I'm running Purity of Elements instead of Tempest Shield, as some have also done.
- With this Aura, I'm thinking of dropping the 2 recommended Minion Res jewels, in favour of using more ES jewels or Primordial Harmonies. Is minions having non-capped resistances when far from you a significant issue?
- Doing this also allows me to have enough resistances when running on Elemental Weakness maps, but only when I need it. (I don't like maxing resistances over 75% unless I have to.)
- I also switch this to Convocation for indoor maps like Crypt, as Golems often get stuck in adjacent rooms that aren't linked when you run there too quickly (much too easy to do with Phase Run and a Quicksilver).

3. With the extra gem slot provided by an Unset Ring, I use Vaal Summon Skeletons.
- I've been using them for most of my builds this league as Harbingers essentially provide enough souls that Vaal skills are pretty much free. This, with a Reflection enchant on gloves, takes off so much aggro that I sometimes run in just to have Bone Offering proc.
- I'm also considering other Vaal skills, like Vaal Glacial Hammer or Vaal Cold Snap for freeze, Vaal Haste for speed, Vaal Arc or Vaal Lightning Trap for Shock, even Vaal Discipline. Enjoying this flexibility so far.

4. Is Kiara's Determination flask required if I use Presence of Chayula? I have a separate flask for removing Freeze/Chill. If it isn't, would you recommend that I switch the Life flask out for something else?

All this said, I know I still have a bunch to do, like maxing Golems and Empower, Quality on Enhance, TC and Blasphemy, getting Whispers of Doom when I finally get that Elemental Weakness glove, etc. Overall, I'm really enjoying this build!
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Dernière édition par thsscapii, le 14 sept. 2017 06:36:34
"
I can tell you that, without thinking too much about it, I wouldn't sell mine for less than 100c if I sold them.

It was an absolute pain to craft, if you choose to go for 3R1B setup. I started doing colouring and linking to then vaal, but realised how unfeasible that is (both jeweller/chrome-intensive and time-consuming). Ended up buying a bunch of them, vaaling first and Vorici-crafted after, which still is expensive (did jeweller method for colours).

If you use Wonderful's setup of 2R2B, it's much less of a hassle I guess :).

On the plus side I played with an extra frenzy charge for some time and liked it quite a lot ;).

Hey :)

I just forced my colors with Voricis bench using the 3-red on some random +1 Rainbowstrides from trade. Costs 120 vaal + chroms, so its best to wait till chaos : vaal ratios is about 1:1 to make the craft as cheap as possible.

Just noticed my own Rainbowstrides are old 20% movement speed ones. Might be time to craft new ones for myself also.

"
Thanks guys.

And ya Mika, valid point, It's surprisingly viable to just run headlong into stuff with Temporal Chains.

Glad it helped ^^

Its pretty funny to play extremely defensively build by bum-rushing into packs, but it saves lot on time as minion AI is what it is.

Tempest shield is the only gem that is very easy to switch if anyone else is interested. Just by placing any high level gem instead of it makes it manual castable as CWDT can't cast it anymore and links don't have to be reforged on gloves to separate it from CWDT links.

"
Any advise for how many primordial harmonies to get vs getting rare gems with dmg /block chance /resists?

Said rare gems are retardedly expensive, for flawed /low rolls too. I have two primordial harmonies right now and this

pos jewel right now.

Hi!

Balance with jewels is to find point where both you and Golems both stop dying. About 5x harmonies is defaults, but its pretty much regen for golems outside of Shaper fight.

You can easily craft jewels and fill slot with 16% minion damage and bonus ES, life, Res what ever ones you need. Its cheaper than buying rare ones and you don't really need all 4x top-tier lines.

For crafting you need :

- Cobalt jewels
- Transmutations, Augmentations, Alterations, Regals and Scourings

1. Apply Transmutation to make cobalt magic
2. If you get only 1x line, use Augmentation to add another
3. If you end up with bad lines, use Alteration to change the lines
4. If you get only 1x line, use Augmentation to add another
5. Once you have 2x good lines (ex. minion damage and fire & cold res) use Regal to add 3rd line
6. If you end up with bad lines, use Scouring to remove lines and repeat from step 1.
7. If you end up with good lines, you can use exalted orb to add 4th and final line

"
Hi there. I've wanted to try a lazy minion build for a while (I hate using SRS) and recently got the currency up to try this build fully. I'm a casual player (never got to Shaper yet), but with a build like this, I feel like I should.

Anyway, seeing as you're still actively answering questions (keep it up!), would you mind taking a look at my character? Sitting at 1.9k HP, 6.5k ES at 84. IGN is Infernical.

1. I'm using The Pariah

Verified

with Discipline in it for a bunch of ES. This is mainly for the +100 ES (with a blue socket), as I already have capped resistances (not max for Elemental Weakness though; look at point #2).

2. I'm running Purity of Elements instead of Tempest Shield, as some have also done.
- With this Aura, I'm thinking of dropping the 2 recommended Minion Res jewels, in favour of using more ES jewels or Primordial Harmonies. Is minions having non-capped resistances when far from you a significant issue?
- Doing this also allows me to have enough resistances when running on Elemental Weakness maps, only when I need it. (I don't like maxing resistances over 75% unless I have to.)
- I also switch this to Convocation for indoor maps like Crypt, as Golems often get stuck in adjacent rooms that aren't linked when you run there too quickly (much too easy to do with Phase Run and a Quicksilver).

3. With the extra gem slot provided by an Unset Ring, I use Vaal Summon Skeletons.
- I've been using them for most of my builds this league as Harbingers essentially provide enough souls that Vaal skills are pretty much free. This, with a Reflection enchant on gloves, takes off so much aggro that I sometimes run in just to have Bone Offering proc.
- I'm also considering other Vaal skills, like Vaal Glacial Hammer or Vaal Cold Snap for freeze, Vaal Haste for speed, Vaal Arc or Vaal Lightning Trap for Shock, even Vaal Discipline. Enoying this flexibility so far.

4. Is Kiara's Determination flask required if I use Presence of Chayula? I have a separate flask for removing Freeze/Chill. If it isn't, would you recommend that I switch the Life flask out for something else?

All this said, I know I still have a bunch to do, like maxing Golems and Empower, Quality on Enhance, TC and Blasphemy, getting Whispers of Doom when I finally get that Elemental Weakness glove, etc. Overall, I'm really enjoying this build!

Hey and thanks for support! ^^

1) If you can cap resitances other ways, Pariah is ok ring to boost ES. It however does not have minion speed or str / dex that helps to remove the str / dex nodes from tree.

2) Golems can pretty easily get farther than your aura range extends. This means that Golems will have about 56% res (40% base + 16% from tree) and whatever shield you are using. Uncapped Golems mean that they can die very fast on high elemental damage bosses like shaper. I would not recommend undercapping Golems at any cost.

"
Thanks guys.

Best tactic is to trust on Temp Chain and CWDT setups for defense and just rush into the pack. It sounds dangerous but if you have set Temp Chains in vertex correctly you have nothing to worry. It saves lot of time and Golems are not worth trying to herd first into fights with totem and Convocation.

3) Vaal skills are great while mapping when boss fights take about 30 seconds. However in longer fights like Guardians or Shaper they quickly lose the advantage. If you mainly do t11-15 maps, Vaal Skels is the best skill of them all. If you start to run T16 and over, I recommend trying some more reliable gem like Frost Wall or Tempest Shield.

4) Kiara is not needed if you have Presence of Chayula. Flasks are easiest part of the build as nothing really works on minions, so you can use any flasks you can craft.

I recommend :

- Anti freeze
- Anti burn
- Anti bleed
- Movement
- Rumis

Any of above expect Rumi should be 1x life and 1x mana flask.

Overall your gear looks pretty balanced and link are correct. I would hurry to get quality on Temp Chain and Blasphemy as soon as possibly and buying corrupt level 3 enhance.

Taking "Skittering Runes" for 3x points raises Temp Chains effect by 20% and near caps it with quality on gems and Enhance in Vertex.

You probably have to change Fire Pene to Empower on higher level maps.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Dernière édition par mika2salo, le 14 sept. 2017 07:34:26
Hey, guys. I think im doing something basicly wrong. I am not able to kill minotaur. He one shots me with no damage mods and my lvl 23 golems have no chance... Tryed things like life leech or minion life, but these falling rocks kill my golems in no time... I was able to kill Hydra and Phoenix, didnt try Chimera yet.

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAASzDXwN4hFQFScWbxcvGFYYahslHNwdFCL0JKoo-i9vMtE1uTbpOVI8LUGHRARFR0ZxSI5JUUmxS65Ms025UilV1lXgV8lYB1haWpFca1-wZOdmVGaeaHRo8mqsa9tsC20Zb55wu3IPfRh_xoCkgseDCYNfg8yESITFhWCIQIx2jLGPGo9Gj_qQM5MnlG-YrZuKm6GbtaEvogCmrKcIpyuofarEsHe0DLcxtz64k75PvorAZsHFw23KSsrTzLzQH9OP0_vXz9i92RPZW9pi2t3fiuNq6QLquuvu7Bjsg-yK74jv6_Af8NX31_k3-ej60v4K?accountName=flojoe&characterName=MeMyselfAndMyArmy
Hi, I love your build so far. I have a problem though in the Hall of Grandmasters. How do you cope with ranged chars with for instance tornado shot or caustic arrows. My ball lightning totem dies before it can cast any balls. And my golems dies when they cannot have EE.

"
"

1. I'm using The Pariah

Verified

- Doing this also allows me to have enough resistances when running on Elemental Weakness maps, only when I need it. (I don't like maxing resistances over 75% unless I have to.)

- I'm also considering other Vaal skills, like Vaal Glacial Hammer or Vaal Cold Snap for freeze, Vaal Haste for speed, Vaal Arc or Vaal Lightning Trap for Shock, even Vaal Discipline. Enoying this flexibility so far.

Hey and thanks for support! ^^

1) If you can cap resitances other ways, Pariah is ok ring to boost ES. It however does not have minion speed or str / dex that helps to remove the str / dex nodes from tree.

2) Golems can pretty easily get farther than your aura range extends. This means that Golems will have about 56% res (40% base + 16% from tree) and whatever shield you are using. Uncapped Golems mean that they can die very fast on high elemental damage bosses like shaper. I would not recommend undercapping Golems at any cost.

3) Vaal skills are great while mapping when boss fights take about 30 seconds. However in longer fights like Guardians or Shaper they quickly lose the advantage. If you mainly do t11-15 maps, Vaal Skels is the best skill of them all. If you start to run T16 and over, I recommend trying some more reliable gem like Frost Wall or Tempest Shield.

4) Kiara is not needed if you have Presence of Chayula. Flasks are easiest part of the build as nothing really works on minions, so you can use any flasks you can craft.

I recommend :

- Anti freeze
- Anti burn
- Anti bleed
- Movement
- Rumis

Any of above expect Rumi should be 1x life and 1x mana flask.

Overall your gear looks pretty balanced and link are correct. I would hurry to get quality on Temp Chain and Blasphemy as soon as possibly and buying corrupt level 3 enhance.

Taking "Skittering Runes" for 3x points raises Temp Chains effect by 20% and near caps it with quality on gems and Enhance in Vertex.

You probably have to change Fire Pene to Empower on higher level maps.

Thanks for the advice!

1. I've already removed those nodes from the tree; I have Dex and Str on the belt and other ring. Using The Pariah was more of an excuse to get another gem slot =P It was also an easy way to get some ES as I'm prioritising Gem and Empower levels now. I'll probably switch over to a good Rare ring eventually.

2. I see. I've tried T15 maps since my last post, and have found out first hand why I the golems need those resistances xD I'll probably use a 10% Minion Res jewel to bring it up to 74% resists.

3. Good point on longer boss fights. I'll switch to non-Vaal for those.

4. I see that I'm lacking a anti-Burn flask, will probably switch out Overflowing Chalice for one.

For some reason I did not think of buying a lv 3 Enhance--I have just done so in the middle of writing this, and Slow jumped up by 7%, and it's still 19/5! Skittering Runes looks like a good idea. Probably a good choice since there's no point for me to run Whispers of Doom right now anyway.

Thanks for the in-depth and prompt reply!
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Dernière édition par thsscapii, le 14 sept. 2017 08:33:50
Another possible change to the guide...

Outside of having empower, isn't elemental focus always a better option than fire pen?

30-49% more damage vs. 18-37% ?

Other golem builds I see don't bother with pen.
Just putting it out there for other people leveling - I was following the leveling section to a T and my damage was crap. It's possibly I just missed something since I'm a scrub but I don't think I did, so once I could use Clayshaper I swapped my tabula gem setup from spectres to the fire golem gem setup to see if it was any better even tho I don't have any of the other gems/gear for golems, and they're melting everything anyway, 5x the damage of the flame sentinel spectres.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires