[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

How important are spectres for golem builds? I generally don't like the feel of spectres, and want to play with an aggressive, permanent minion build, which golems are great for. Can either elementalist or necromancer afford the loss of single target from spectre?
"
Jenos a écrit :
How important are spectres for golem builds? I generally don't like the feel of spectres, and want to play with an aggressive, permanent minion build, which golems are great for. Can either elementalist or necromancer afford the loss of single target from spectre?

Elementalist pure golem build has no issues with single target at all.

Spectres might have advantages in some cases but elementalist is perfectly capable of clearing all content comfortably.

If you enjoy the pure golem summoner flavor and elementalist you can rest assured that it works and that it works well.
"
Jenos a écrit :

Go for true elementalist, Curse on hit, double aura, without spectre and with at least 8 or 9 harmonies.

Single target damage is not an issue and you can blast all game content without any issues (if you have any doubts, i cleared everything from the game, u. elder included with my variant of elemancer if you want to check)

About the new amulet:
I can't wait to test 10 golems elementalist <3
My only concern is about ES / stun, so either i'll try to go CI / uber elder jewel with ES, or life variant.
But i don't think this amulet will fit any necromancer with golems, since you lose too much dps (and contrary to elementalist, necro don't have +20% damage to golems per golems summoned)
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
Dernière édition par Anakhon, le 11 août 2018 15:58:34
I felt like I should share my gear. I am able to do all guardians deathless even using Solar Guards (I like their fast clear over the Tukohama's Vanguard's boss killing). For bosses I just swap Slower Projectiles in place of Greater Multiple Projectiles.

I have been trying to upgrade my shield and gloves, but all the goods ones are too expensive and since it is near the end of the league, they are in short supply.

This build has been really fun and has helped me achieve a lot this league.
Dernière édition par Bioness, le 12 août 2018 01:10:52
"
Tyranastrasz a écrit :
Couple of things mika -
The amulett rolls atleast to 35% less damage, a different site had a different roll on it.
It might even go better.

Second, the amulett prohibits non Golem minions so for Necro/Occultist or in general spectre hybrid versions wont see as much benefit from that much Is clear. But Pure Golem builds should be much better of because of this and have rooms for other supportive settups that replace Spectres or other minions.

I made a preliminary calculation in another Thread about the net gain of dps for your golems from the PoV of an elementalist with a shield settup.

"
I was using a 4-1-1 Settup, which means that the dps gain from Harmonys was 8 x 60% = 480% increased damage.

In this settup going to 3 additional golems at 35% less dmg per golem ( A different site had a better rolled one presented so it might even go to 30% less), would mean that the effective dps golems gain 1.75 Multiplier (4->7) and a 0.65 multiplier from the amulett for arguments sake.
This nets 13 % more damage roughly, in addition to move speed. Minion life is irrelevant for elementalists because they only care about phys damage and have generally more then enough life.

Additionally because of elementalist we gain 60% increased golem damage because 3 additional golems are summoned. so from 480% of harmonys + 120% of elementalist =600% to 660%%, thats a relative 10% more dmg increase.

So allready at just face value without adjusting golem distribution further we move to about 23% more damage for golems.

Lets compare an option that uses more golems for Harmony pushing.

Assuming 3-1-1-1.

First lets compare 3-1-1-1 to 4-1-1. 4 to 3 is a 25% less multiplier. While the gain of 8 x 20% of harmonys 160% increased addition.So from 600% to 760% is a 26% more multiplier.

Lets say for the sake of argument that 25% and 26% negate each other and drop other non quantifiable benefits of increased coverage of multiple golems. The damage difference between 3-1-1-1 and 4-1-1 in this settup is neglible.

Now. Going from 3 active dps golems to 6 is a 2.0 multiplier , amulett still a 0.65 malus = 30%more damage.
Additionally we gain again 60% increased damage due to 3 more golems on top of 760%increased damage. thats roughly 8% more damage.

A total of about 38% more damage.

Last example to check but I suspect it beeing worse then 38% but ignoring the benefits of insanely juiced up golem buffs of each different type.

3-1-1-1 to 2-1-1-1-1 is a 33% less multiplier from golem amount. Gain from harmonys is 760 % to 920% is roughly a 21% more multiplier. In total roughly a 20% less dmg multiplier.

Now going from 2 Main dps golems to 5 is a 2.5 multiplier. Amulett beeing 0.65 and the change of 3 to 2 main dps golems is 0.8
Makes in total EXACTLY 30 % more damage.

Now we add 60% increased again to the 920%, a relative gain of 6.5%

So in total 36.5% more damage. Still very sizable.

So between 38% more damage and 6 aktive dps golems and 1 golem buff missing or 5 aktive dps golems and having all golems buffs. Or in more sizable terms:
38% more dmg, or 36.5% and about 12% physical dmg reduction of the chaos golem (4% base buffed up by elementalists 25% inc buff effect per aktive golem).

So for an life based elementalist this amulett comes to a high gain of dps really.

Additionally the google docs was updated aswell to compare different settups.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lA7tpZ-7ZOSS2yWK3bWV9IBbYta7qMbAjvO1G96wVdM/edit#gid=0

Please keep in mind the relative gain between options.

As you can see going for the example case that I personally focus on of 3-1-1-1 elementalist to 5-1-1-1-1 is going from 29.85 to 40.1375 .

That is roughly a gain of 34% more damage.

Absolutely relevant, for life based versions atleast.

Its for sure a different story if we talk about low life who pretty much depend on Chayulas presence as it is to powerfull.
Though there is the option to potentially get unwavering stance on a Skin of the loyal from upgrading it and maybe dome aura effect corruption on the Primordial chain if it turns out to be much cheaper then chayulas.

Hello :)

Thanks for info that he less damage line can change and is not static. This makes the amulet much better.

The amulet also opens up golemancy for other classes than ele / necro as they can archieve more golems now and dont have access to minion damage nodes to really use other minion types anyway. I will probably make variant for the amulet once it comes out and we see how good it really is. Starting to get excited about it now ;)

"
Got my first solo Red Elder kill just now! Only died once (I charged outside of the aoe circle for the split second it exploded).

He melted in a few seconds! :D

I also put down all the information I had about my Animated Guardian like what items I used.
I have the full info and some compact sections further down in the text file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkb43rimsu0fdaj/Animated%20Guardian_POE.txt?dl=0

I also put the text in the spoiler below. (it's a bit hard to read due to formatting though)

Also managed to vaal my flame golem to 21/20 and find a pretty good +2 level Unset ring.

Here's my current gear.

Here's my Pastebin link as well https://pastebin.com/QedXxUWQ

Love the build and I'm very happy with the results.

Hey :)

Gz on Uber Elder kill!
The fight is very hard and only one death is very good result especially if its first tries.

Your gear seems to be in good shape. You don't maybe need the ele res for minion jewels with elementalist as golems are immune to elemental damage, Specters are already capped with ele res gem and Animate guardian gets enough from Rainbowstrides and 16% Herd of the flock node. You can change rares to Harmonies or other utility jewels if you want but if you have already Uber Elder down, the choice is really optional ^^

"

"
Elementalist pure golem build has no issues with single target at all.

Spectres might have advantages in some cases but elementalist is perfectly capable of clearing all content comfortably.

If you enjoy the pure golem summoner flavor and elementalist you can rest assured that it works and that it works well.

"
Go for true elementalist, Curse on hit, double aura, without spectre and with at least 8 or 9 harmonies.

Single target damage is not an issue and you can blast all game content without any issues (if you have any doubts, i cleared everything from the game, u. elder included with my variant of elemancer if you want to check)

About the new amulet:
I can't wait to test 10 golems elementalist <3
My only concern is about ES / stun, so either i'll try to go CI / uber elder jewel with ES, or life variant.
But i don't think this amulet will fit any necromancer with golems, since you lose too much dps (and contrary to elementalist, necro don't have +20% damage to golems per golems summoned)

Hi :)

Specters are really optional for the Elementalist. They add nice damage boost and extra distraction for boss. Some players really like them with Ele and some want to go for pure Golems.

You can even drop minion nodes and go for extra jewel sockets below scion if you want to max Golems damage with Harmonies. This seems to be pretty common practice and guild members have reported that it works well.

Build is really just true and tested guideline of how to create the base and you can easily modify 10-20% of it to match your play-style. Golems and base skills are very strong so it's pretty hard to go wrong if not changing too much at once ;)

"
I felt like I should share my gear. I am able to do all guardians deathless even using Solar Guards (I like their fast clear over the Tukohama's Vanguard's boss killing). For bosses I just swap Slower Projectiles in place of Greater Multiple Projectiles.

I have been trying to upgrade my shield and gloves, but all the goods ones are too expensive and since it is near the end of the league, they are in short supply.

You can actually boost SG Specs a lot by using helmet with next supports :
- Minion damage (helmet mod)
- Minion life (helmet mod)
- Conc Effect (helmet mod)
- Immolation (helmet mod)

Burning damage is actually not very usefu for SGs, but SGs skills have area tag so Conc Effect gives huge damage multiplier.

SGs can also get boost from immolate support. Just switch Cont Dest in Golems links to Combustion to boost SGs damage by 20% by lowering enemies fire resistance, and then Golems can ignite mobs with over 50% chance on hit. If mobs are ignited, Combustion gives SGs nice extra boost to damage.

OPTIONAL (purely offensive changes)

I also tested using one "Unending Hunger" jewel in league to give SGs boost from their own kills. This gave them massive damage boost expecially in temples with lots of mobs. As SGs can cast pretty much as fast as you can add cast speed in them, i tried to boost them to the max.

They also get extra benefit from Victarios Charitys charges as they can also crit like Golems, so they get bot faster casting and crit chance from charges.

Bone Offering give them lots of cast speed and extra movement to get to cast range faster.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Dernière édition par mika2salo, le 12 août 2018 06:34:32
"
"

Burning damage is actually not very usefu for SGs, but SGs skills have area tag so Conc Effect gives huge damage multiplier.

SGs can also get boost from immolate support. Just switch Cont Dest in Golems links to Combustion to boost SGs damage by 20% by lowering enemies fire resistance, and then Golems can ignite mobs with over 50% chance on hit. If mobs are ignited, Combustion gives SGs nice extra boost to damage.

I also tested using one "Unending Hunger" jewel in league to give SGs boost from their own kills. This gave them massive damage boost expecially in temples with lots of mobs. As SGs can cast pretty much as fast as you can add cast speed in them, i tried to boost them to the max.

They also get extra benefit from Victarios Charitys charges as they can also crit like Golems, so they get bot faster casting and crit chance from charges.

Bone Offering give them lots of cast speed and extra movement to get to cast range faster.

The helmet was a leftover from when I was using Tukohama's Vanguards. There doesn't seem to be any good ones on poetrade either.

I'm not really sure how well to balance power between my spectres and golems, seems I can't really boost one (in terms of the passive tree) without weakening the other. I also want to make sure I still have enough defenses to keep myself alive. In Path of Building they don't have either spectre in their sheet so measuring this stuff is a bit hard.
Dernière édition par Bioness, le 12 août 2018 12:47:03
"
Bioness a écrit :
"
"

The helmet was a leftover from when I was using Tukohama's Vanguards. There doesn't seem to be any good ones on poetrade either.

I'm not really sure how well to balance power between my spectres and golems, seems I can't really boost one (in terms of the passive tree) without weakening the other. I also want to make sure I still have enough defenses to keep myself alive. In Path of Building they don't have either spectre in their sheet so measuring this stuff is a bit hard.

Specs are doing ok with just minion damage from the tree, ascendancy and helmets supports. More damage increase for them means sacrificing Golem damage or survival. With SGs Golems are doing most of boss damage, so I would not sacrifice any of their damage.

You will lots of good helmet for cheap in few weeks when league merges with standard ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
UPDATE

Thanks to very generous guild member we got 10x new guild slots! \o/
I play slowly. I get nauseous using the movement abilities in this game so I just walk around. I have bad hands so I also don't spam any buttons (hence using a build where the minions do all the work sounds good.) Would using a staff instead be more worth it for the extra 6L? Or is there any other changes you'd make knowing my playstyle?
Dernière édition par mightybirdPOE, le 15 août 2018 15:36:20
"
mightybirdPOE a écrit :
I play slowly. I get nauseous using the movement abilities in this game so I just walk around. I have bad hands so I also don't spam any buttons (hence using a build where the minions do all the work sounds good.) Would using a staff instead be more worth it for the extra 6L? Or is there any other changes you'd make knowing my playstyle?

Build is especially made to be played 1 handed as I'm lazy player myself. Max level Temporal Chains keeps mobs at bay and only bosses may need some flask usage. However with high level gear nothing below T16 should be able to kill you even when onehanding.

Huge EHP (HP + ES) lets build tank some damage and boss fights last usually less than 10 seconds, so when using default block build variant you can keep block up with Rumi's "Rumi's Concoction", good shield and Bone Offering.

I would try the default (non-necro aegis) version first without any changes and feel how it works as its very safe to play by default.
Dernière édition par mika2salo, le 15 août 2018 16:02:26

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires