Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

"
Harmona a écrit :
To be honest I don't even know why would this be needed nor wanted. You just have to uncheck every chat tab and completely ignore every standalone trading app (which is easier than reaching level 2) to already experience SSF. Why pour resources on something like this?

Edit: Just make and offline singleplayer mode and be done with it. Expect 2-billion dps items duped on day 2 after release, tho.

Edit 2: I still fail to understand why people want an offline singleplayer mode with online ladders. Because that's what it is.

As presented I would agree with you. I have not read all the SSF threads. But I always assumed the purpose was so SSF play could be viable in a game where the RNG is designed around trading. In other words, better drops for SSF. I've made it to level 75-80 with a 3L main skill because I didn't get anything better, and ate up my few jews/fuses/chromes with no success. More recently in Breach I was using the same 2H weapon from A2C until the low 80s.
"
saxisa a écrit :
With SSF, it seems RNG and low probabilities for good stuff will prevent any but the most fortunate players from being successful.

If you adjust the game balance to allow SSF to be fun and successful, it seems then those players should never exit SSF because they would have an unfair advantage.

You're making assumptions in this post that aren't accurate.

First of all, what does "successful" mean? It sounds like you're taking it to mean "can clear everything super fast with no difficulty." Why on earth is that a good measure of successful? Why can't we use something like "progressing without dying in HC SSF" as succesful? Or "managed to make a really creative build with the odds and ends my first character found"?

And then you get into "fun." If SSF isn't fun for you, that's fine! Don't play it.

Your version of "fun" isn't everyone's version of fun. My version of "fun" isn't everyone's version of fun. That's something PoE has always catered to--variety, flexibility, creativity, almost unlimited options. For many people, SSF is fun WITHOUT any sort of boosted drop rate. That's the demographic GGG is targeting.

Also, you say "seems" a lot. If you haven't played SSF, how do you know what fun and successful mean in that context? Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. And not just to level 10.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
So...maybe one step-ahead here and re-think some things bout certain skill gems available to certain classes only? Maybe here something else, that would be indeed, "rewarding"?

Peace
Seeing is believing
Dernière édition par Hagitsu, le 23 janv. 2017 01:07:49
SSF + drop chances increased = Diablo 3.

Yay?
I played on garena SEA , away from global because of the 'SFL' feels there. and when garena closed, I was forced back to global, but cant say i enjoy it as much.
SSF is truly nice addition for people like me. thx Chris, thx GGG
"
Harmona a écrit :
SSF + drop chances increased = Diablo 3.

Yay?

Neah Bro. In d3 item's lvl is set to yours. And here it's a roulette ;) besides we won't see PoE's itemization and build diversity in d3 even at 100 years ;)

Peace
Seeing is believing
Dernière édition par Hagitsu, le 23 janv. 2017 01:10:39
Sounds great - I have played solo like this for most of my time after my buddies left. It is slow but it works.
I would really appreciate if this style of playing became implemented just as the guild system is and the pvp.
"
Harmona a écrit :
To be honest I don't even know why would this be needed nor wanted.

Edit 2: I still fail to understand why people want an offline singleplayer mode with online ladders. Because that's what it is.

maybe just maybe because xbox version might have issues implementing trade and this might end up as the default and only version of console poe? maybe.

but in current circumstances i just can no longer believe that this has been made to benefit PC players only
oh an idea.

just make it perma SSF. BUT increase drop rate. I'm sure many will be tempted to play SSF when they can have MORE freedom when crafting items. in current/perma league, most ppl just gathering funds to buy existed items rather than craft a decent one themselves.

or let SSF able to migrate but only naked character. after all, SSF is to have fun and bragging rights, not for economy.

EDIT : bring back the real purpose of CRAFTING orbs. in current league I sold thousands of minor orbs for chaos so I can at least buy something good.
Dernière édition par draygourn, le 23 janv. 2017 01:16:45
"
harddaysnight a écrit :
As presented I would agree with you. I have not read all the SSF threads. But I always assumed the purpose was so SSF play could be viable in a game where the RNG is designed around trading. In other words, better drops for SSF. I've made it to level 75-80 with a 3L main skill because I didn't get anything better, and ate up my few jews/fuses/chromes with no success. More recently in Breach I was using the same 2H weapon from A2C until the low 80s.

If you do read the SSF threads that have been around since at LEAST open beta, you'll see that while some people do want more drops, a lot of people don't.

Also, a lot of the people asking for more exalts or more drops in general forget that there have already been MASSIVE upgrades to crafting that make life pretty nice in SSF with drops exactly as they are:

- Master crafting. Holy shit. This was a HUGE boost to SSF when it first came out. Not getting super lucky drops? That's okay, you can customize what you do find to fill in resistance gaps, or get a little more life, or a little more damage.

- Essence crafting: AMAZING. Sure, it can be a little tricky to gather up the ones you want, but they're magic. They're alchs with some control--or chaos with some control, at higher levels. You're no longer forced to trans/aug/alt a nice magic, then pray a regal drops.

In addition, there are a lot of things that people who play the game 'normally' overlook, because they're shit when you have to trade but great when you can't. Like the currency vendor recipes. "Horrible ratios?" Yeah, but who gives a fuck about ratios when you really need a scour and you've found a bunch of chances. Vendor items? Priceless. Absolutely priceless. A chance at some nice magic items, easy access to a lot of RGB items to get chromes, and later on a nice source of jeweller's periodically.

It honestly seems to me that most people who assume SSF 'needs' increased drop rates fall into a couple categories: people who never played before poe.trade existed; people who haven't ever played SSF, period; and people who ignore all of the resources in the game just to do things the fastest, easiest way.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires