[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

You updating for 3.15? Anything major changed? Is chainbreaker still recommended?
"
xeratas a écrit :
You updating for 3.15? Anything major changed? Is chainbreaker still recommended?

Go back a couple pages, he posted a 3.15 updated POB. Read some of the comments as well. Multistrike seems to be better than Multiple Totems, at least for me.

EDIT: The Multistrike being better than Multiple Totems was fake news. I wasn't setting it up correctly in POB. If you look at the POB skill page for Vaal Ancestral Warchief, underneath the Vaal AW skill it says Enable Vaal AW and Enable (normal) AW. Make sure you have the normal AW checked, not the Vaal one, and then on the right hand side you will see Count: set it to 4 to check for Multiple Totems. Disable Multiple Totems and set the 'Count' to 2 to check Multistrike.

I am curious about jewels specifically though.
Dernière édition par Xarisse, le 6 août 2021 08:35:41
"
Xarisse a écrit :
"
xeratas a écrit :

Go back a couple pages, he posted a 3.15 updated POB. Read some of the comments as well. Multistrike seems to be better than Multiple Totems, at least for me.

Pardon me as i am a returning player.
But the wiki mentioned totem dont work with multistrike, isnt it? I am confused. So does multistrike work or doesnt work with ancestral warchief?

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Ancestral_Warchief
"Multistrike: Ancestral Warchief cannot be supported by Multistrike Support."

Dernière édition par thoo00, le 6 août 2021 04:05:06
"
thoo00 a écrit :
"
Xarisse a écrit :
"
xeratas a écrit :

Pardon me as i am a returning player.
But the wiki mentioned totem dont work with multistrike, isnt it? I am confused. So does multistrike work or doesnt work with ancestral warchief?

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Ancestral_Warchief
"Multistrike: Ancestral Warchief cannot be supported by Multistrike Support."

It does. If you look at some of the top AW builds on poe ninja a lot of those guys run it. For my specific case though it turns out that I was wrong about Multistrike being better. I just wasn't setting the correct options in POB. Multiple Totems for me specifically is better.
Does Infernal Cry works with totem ? ( the combust part )
Been messing with the POB posted a couple pages back that was updated for 3.15 and did a few changes to the tree myself and thought I would share.

Moved two points from the Scion life wheel to the Barbarism node (Just below Resolute Technique). This gives us the same amount of life as those 2 nodes, but also gives us 3% all resists, and an additional 8% fire resist. The node would normally give you +1 to maximum fire resist, but because we use Loreweave it doesn't. Either way this is still a net gain and you can get them earlier.

I also took away the +30 int node at Marauder start and one of the scion health wheel nodes and put them both in the purity of flesh wheel to finish it off. This takes away 30 int for ~78 life and 4 chaos resist. The scion wheel node is a loss of ~20 health for 4 chaos resist.

Some other things you could do that I'm not sure if I will or not yet:

2 points from scion wheel into getting Ironwood (30% totem life, 20% ele resist for totem, 15% additional phys reduction, and 400 armor to ourselves). Lose ~180 life for this. I'm not sure if it is good or not. I think this amounts to roughly 2-3% physical damage reduction so I'm not sure if it would be worth it from that, but our totems get pretty beefy with the other stats.

Could move one point from scion wheel into the melee damage and life node at Marauder start. Giving up ~40 life for 13k dps. Might be worth it later.

Could move one point from scion wheel to life and armor wheel (just below endurance charge point). Trading ~20 health for ~350 armor.

Could move 2 points from scion wheel to another endurance charge. Don't believe this worth it. Would be ~200 health for 6% physical damage reduction and some additional resists that basically mean nothing.
Dernière édition par Xarisse, le 11 août 2021 09:52:06
Thanks Xarisse, that first point especially is really helpful! I was just wondering if taking away scion health wheel nodes and putting them into Totemic Zeal just to the right of it would be worth it; it seems to make a reasonable difference to DPS.
"
Xarisse a écrit :
Been messing with the POB posted a couple pages back that was updated for 3.15 and did a few changes to the tree myself and thought I would share.

Moved two points from the Bloodless wheel (near call to arms) to the Barbarism node (Just below Resolute Technique). This gives us the same amount of life as those 2 nodes, but also gives us 3% all resists, and an addition 8% fire resist. The node would normally give you +1 to maximum fire resist, but because use Loreweave it doesn't. Either way this is still a net gain.

I also took away the +30 int node at Marauder start and one of the scion health wheel nodes and put them both in the purity of flesh wheel to finish it off. This takes away 30 int for ~78 life and 4 chaos resist. The scion wheel node is a loss of ~20 health for 4 chaos resist.

Some other things you could do that I'm not sure if I will or not yet:

2 points from scion wheel into getting Ironwood (30% totem life, 20% ele resist for totem, 15% additional phys reduction, and 400 armor to ourselves). Lose ~180 life for this. I'm not sure if it is good or not. I think this amounts to roughly 2-3% physical damage reduction so I'm not sure if it would be worth it from that, but out totems get pretty beefy with the other stats.

Could move one point from scion wheel into the melee damage and life node at Marauder start. Giving up ~40 life for 13k dps. Might be worth it later.

Could move one point from scion wheel to life and armor wheel (just below endurance charge point). Trading ~20 health for ~350 armor.

Could move 2 points from scion wheel to another endurance charge. Don't believe this worth it. Would be ~200 health for 6% physical damage reduction and some addition resists that basically mean nothing.

Firstly, i am so glad that someone is actually using this build and giving some insights! Because i myself is following this build and i hope to fine tune and find some pointers as well.

@Xarisse, looking at ur gear, i am so envy!

Nonetheless, i got a few questions looking at ur gear choice.

1) Is survivability an issue so far? I have been using the redblade banner as per this guide, and i do realize with the frequent warcies, it sort of save my life many times. auto heal, endurance charges, over max resists etc. Which makes me feel "naked" if i am to swap to a "+1 totem shield". Or perhaps i shoudl spend 3 skill points to get Deep breath node for the cooldown recovery rate?

2) 6L Loreweave is too expensive for me, i am using a replica version. Seeking the advice of experts here, do u think its worth in the long run? Perhaps the lesser max resistance is too much of a factor to consider?

3) gem links for ancestral warchief. Is multistrike better than fire penetration? I do appreciate the increase in attack speed of totem...BUT

4) how do we deal with monsters with +elemental resistance; +fire resistance; +immune to fire damage if we dont have +fire penetration?

5) Pardon me if i am wrong, but by a stroke of luck, when i happen to equip with an amulet with +increased elemental damage with attack skills, it brings a huge dps boost in tooltip. Does it work as intended?

6) not sure if it is mentioned in this thread, is +% increased physical damage mod desirable? i do know that add X physical damage to attacks is definitely desirable.

7) i am still at my early mapping phase, will we have an issue with our totem (survivability) being wiped out at higher map tiers? Meaning do we need to up their resists, life etc? Usually i dont bother about duration, since i will recast at a new location before it expires (with the huge swarm of mobs everywhere and frequently, i find myself recasting the totems anyway)

8) lastly for movement skills, since we already have shield charge, whats the point of having flame dash?
Dernière édition par thoo00, le 10 août 2021 01:34:42
I'm a bit of a newbie, stopped playing for 6 years and just restarted last league. I brought my character from 3.14 to Standard, and I'm now making (slow) progress in Standard.

Right now I'm level 86, running high yellow / low red maps. My gear is really pretty budget (still using Tabula Rasa haha). Most expensive item was probably the Facebreaker, I think I paid 70C for that. Otherwise I'm following all the gear recommendations almost exactly.

So.. take my experience as you will. I'm not much further than you, and I'm sure others will have more to share.

1. Survivability. I just checked, and I've died 48 times... think almost half of those were over the last week, being a bit too ambitious with the mods on my maps.

I'm using Great Old One's Ward. I mapped my Enduring Cry to my left mouse button, so it fires as soon as it cools down. I also made sure that my resistances are capped - I found it makes a lot of difference while mapping.

I'm finding now that I have to play more carefully.. no longer charging straight into groups of mobs.

2. Loreweave. I'm saving up for my 6L Loreweave too. Not sure what I'll swap to in between my current Tabula and the 6L Loreweave.

6. % physical damage. I think helps a bit, but is based on the base damage, so doesn't stack as well as you'd think. That's why stacking flat physical damage is best - increases the base damage, so the bonuses all stack from there.

7. At my level of mapping, my totems still seem pretty resilient. Mostly lasting up till their expiry rather than dying. I haven't invested in Ironwood like Xarisse suggested as an option.

8. I use flame dash a LOT to escape scary situations. Surrounded by mobs (shield charge gets blocked), or a bunch of projectiles incoming, or blocked into a corner. Or even just in labyrinth, actually.
"
thoo00 a écrit :

Firstly, i am so glad that someone is actually using this build and giving some insights! Because i myself is following this build and i hope to fine tune and find some pointers as well.

@Xarisse, looking at ur gear, i am so envy!

Nonetheless, i got a few questions looking at ur gear choice.

1) Is survivability an issue so far? I have been using the redblade banner as per this guide, and i do realize with the frequent warcies, it sort of save my life many times. auto heal, endurance charges, over max resists etc. Which makes me feel "naked" if i am to swap to a "+1 totem shield". Or perhaps i shoudl spend 3 skill points to get Deep breath node for the cooldown recovery rate?

2) 6L Loreweave is too expensive for me, i am using a replica version. Seeking the advice of experts here, do u think its worth in the long run? Perhaps the lesser max resistance is too much of a factor to consider?

3) gem links for ancestral warchief. Is multistrike better than fire penetration? I do appreciate the increase in attack speed of totem...BUT

4) how do we deal with monsters with +elemental resistance; +fire resistance; +immune to fire damage if we dont have +fire penetration?

5) Pardon me if i am wrong, but by a stroke of luck, when i happen to equip with an amulet with +increased elemental damage with attack skills, it brings a huge dps boost in tooltip. Does it work as intended?

6) not sure if it is mentioned in this thread, is +% increased physical damage mod desirable? i do know that add X physical damage to attacks is definitely desirable.

7) i am still at my early mapping phase, will we have an issue with our totem (survivability) being wiped out at higher map tiers? Meaning do we need to up their resists, life etc? Usually i dont bother about duration, since i will recast at a new location before it expires (with the huge swarm of mobs everywhere and frequently, i find myself recasting the totems anyway)

8) lastly for movement skills, since we already have shield charge, whats the point of having flame dash?

1) I've not really pushed very far in red maps yet, but I could definitely see it being an issue in the long run. I just hit over 5k health. I could get some more from getting another belt, boots, and shield, but I'm not sure that getting to above 6k health is going to be very possible. I plan to push into red maps and finish off my atlas over the next couple of days probably.

2) Again, I haven't really pushed into red maps or done very much bossing other than Uber Lab and outside of that I haven't really noticed the extra damage too much. I would hold off until You have everything else in a good spot other than your shield. Redblade Banner is a good shield for how much it costs.

3&4) I hadn't really thought of this. I just pulled up my character on POB and saw multistrike was higher damage so I linked it. I have fire pen in weapon swap if I want it so I haven't completely abandoned it. If you're referring to the expedition mod 'immune to fire damage' I don't activate it at all.

5) We use elemental damage with attacks support gem don't we? ;) The totem itself has the 'attack' tag so anything that modifies 'attack' will modify it. The best mods for us are adds # to # physical damage. For jewelry I would look for adds physical, life, resists, and then worry about extra mods. EDWA is a good mod, but we need to get our most important damage mod and our defenses taken care of before we start looking for more damage.

6) Someone correct me if I am wrong, but we scale our physical attack damage the most so yes. Our base damage is very low because we don't have a weapon so adding flat physical is the single most important thing. This kind of mod would fall into the same category as EDWA. We scale physical/attack/melee damage as much as possible and then all of it is converted to fire damage through totems.

7) I haven't specifically had repeated issues with this. I had some early issues with it but I haven't since then. Again, I've not pushed into red maps yet but I don't see it being a problem. I imagine our totems will kill just about anything before they themselves die.

8) Convenience. I really enjoyed using it to farm lab. If you wanted to use something else I'm sure you could.
Dernière édition par Xarisse, le 10 août 2021 15:29:18

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires