Performance Improvements

thank you. anyone who says you dont care/ dont fix stuff is a fucking idiot. your free game will continue to get my financial support
Can we know when will the T-position mobs be fixed in predictive mode?
Thank you for sharing this information. This kind of communication is what really sets you guys above other developers.
"
sklipnoty a écrit :
but won't have the performance improvements that come with DirectX 11. This release is planned for 2017.

Euhm ? You guys for real? Dx12 is out ! I mean honestly you are still talking about XP? Fast-forward 5 years plz.
DirectX 12 is still brand new, I don't expect there to be a lot of knowledgeable coders out there that understand it well and can code for it well/optimize it. Everyone is still in the learning phase! It would make no sense for them to go to DirectX 12 when hardly anyone knows how to optimize it or use it, especially when thousands/millions of people have a great understanding of DirectX 11. There's also tons of resources and documentation for DirectX 11 unlike DirectX 12 which currently has what? An SDK? Whoopdeedoo.

The only reason AAA publisher's can switch to DirectX12 for their upcoming games so quickly is because they use game engines made by someone else with intuitive interfaces for implementing, managing and optimizing new versions of DirectX. Path of Exile does not have this luxury (yet).

Edit: DirectX 11 also supports Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 where as Direct X 12 only supports Windows 10, this is another reason to stick to Direct X 11 for the time being. You don't want to introduce improvements that very few players can take advantage of, it's an inefficient use of time and resources.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Dernière édition par Nicholas_Steel, le 6 avr. 2016 08:05:21
"
Chris a écrit :

Server Performance and Lockstep Stuttering

I think I found the problem from which my client stops Available immediately(i have 80 pings)

at the expense of effect it, add the replacement of a simple texture, I'm tired of lag effect it PLS
Hi Chris & GGG!

I'm not sure if you read all these, but I have been having huge issues with the game since I switched to my new internet.

I mean, I'm certain it's my internet connection. I am in a rural area and my down/up is 4.50~Mb/s down and .7 Mb/s up. I cannot get any better where I live.

This gives me 50-100 ping in basically every game I play.... except for PoE. I am literally unable to play PoE in parties bigger than 2-3 people. Even just with one friend in my party the performance is unfortunate. I can barely move and it's just generally unplayable. Combine this with the fact that I am 39/40 challenges and have to do Zana rotations for the 40th challenge is especially frustrating. I have to join a group and basically just AFK while everyone else does their thing.

I also am unable to do any sort of streaming while playing- whether it's video or audio. The same thing happens and it's just unplayable. I can play any other game just fine while doing these things.

Are there any fixes to my situation coming? I understand it is essentially my connections fault, but it is just frustrating that it's only a problem with PoE.

Also, I am not willing to get rid of lockstep.
DX11 Support. Hell ya. You guys rock. You do so much and I am so thankful for the time, effort, and love you've put into this game.
whooooop! Thanks guys! dx11 x64 hell yeah!
Now i have hope again i don't need to switch my 280x vs a 970 for full party mtx madness.

If this is going real i will bring some money and you will frickn write yourself a check! :D
Dernière édition par blackstar, le 6 avr. 2016 01:47:27
WooT!!!!

Was getting shitty due to well over 100mil exp loss in last week due to 'Not my fault'.

Still would love a offline client. No trade/playing with online. All self found etc.
Tho, Grim Dawn might keep the PoE sweats off in the odd day I don't have the net ;-P
"
Nicholas_Steel a écrit :
"
sklipnoty a écrit :
but won't have the performance improvements that come with DirectX 11. This release is planned for 2017.

Euhm ? You guys for real? Dx12 is out ! I mean honestly you are still talking about XP? Fast-forward 5 years plz.
DirectX 12 is still brand new, I don't expect there to be a lot of knowledgeable coders out there that understand it well and can code for it well/optimize it. Everyone is still in the learning phase! It would make no sense for them to go to DirectX 12 when hardly anyone knows how to optimize it or use it, when thousnads/millions of people have great understanding of DirectX 11 and there are tons of resources and documentation for DirectX 11 unlike DirectX 12 which currently has what? An SDK? Whoopdeedoo.

I agree but up until a certain point. If you don't invest time and resources now, you will see the same performance story within a couple of years. Aside from that dx12 is alot more than an SDK.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn899121(v=vs.85).aspx

Anyway I think it's bs to punish people who cleary do have the resources to take this game to the next level.

Ow and switching PoE's engine, I'm all for it btw. :). Do a support pack round for it and only that and I'm in.
Dernière édition par sklipnoty, le 6 avr. 2016 01:42:38

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires