Performance Improvements

Ok before I even read further;

There are two reasons why data may be late - internet latency and server performance.

Really still this? You still blaming ISP's for your own shortcomming? Every other game faces the same problems. Ok. Every MP-game ever made has to deal with internet lag. Stop blaming our ISP's and get your backend fixed plz.

The rare crashes that occurred changing areas on 64-bit systems are now gone.

Last time I checked I'm playing on 64-bit and still getting out-of-mem crashes bro. Although they are less frequent.

but won't have the performance improvements that come with DirectX 11. This release is planned for 2017.

Euhm ? You guys for real? Dx12 is out ! I mean honestly you are still talking about XP? Fast-forward 5 years plz.

The fact is that you neglected performance for a long-time and kept adding stuff. For me this is the worst league ever in terms of stability. And I honestly don't have any problems in any other game that also faces the same issues, graphically intense, internet 'lag' / latency. I'm really tired of hearing that the problem is on the player's side, because it's not. It's on your side and you should fix it.

Deep Learning has been the HOT topic at GTC 2016. So when are you going to implement some of those aspects by 2050? I mean you guys should be working on giving us a Dx 12 client atleast and figuring on how to fundamently fix your client.

I'm really shocked to hear stuff like this;

If the effects or microtransactions that that Rogue Exile uses aren't already loaded, then the client stalls, potentially in a very dangerous way.

Why do we even go into maps if not every asset for that map is in memory?

This feels like really depressing post to me,
when are we going to see solutions?

This system is not yet ready for testing, but its deployment will hopefully be later this year.
We expect to release this improvement alongside the 2.3.0 challenge league.
We have already deployed a fix to this (which helped reduce Draw Calls) and have a Labyrinth-specific fix being tested for an upcoming patch. (cpu / gpu fix, not disk)
This release is planned for 2017.

1 year, 4 months? , 1 year?

So performance will sort of be fixed in 1 year? For real? So when are we going to see a DX12 client? in 2020?

11 6.01.7600.16385 October 22, 2009 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2
6.00.6002.18107 October 27, 2009 Windows Vista SP2 and Windows Server 2008 SP2, through the Platform Update for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008[50]
6.01.7601.17514 February 16, 2011 Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
11.1 6.02.9200.16384 August 1, 2012 Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows Server 2012
11.2 6.03.9600.16384 October 18, 2013 Windows 8.1, Windows RT, Windows Server 2012 R2
12.0 10.00.10240.16384 July 29, 2015 Windows 10, Xbox One

Basically directx11 was available in 2009, so the big question is, why wasn't PoE using it since the start?

I'm really glad you finally decided to put some dedicated performance eng. on this shit but it feels like the damage is done for this league and perhaps future leagues.
Dernière édition par sklipnoty, le 6 avr. 2016 00:54:45
I'd rather have longer load screen times, than stutter from loading during the game..

I can't wait for the 64bit version.. But a year to go.. :S
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
64-bit DirectX 11 Client
In the future we plan to release an alternate Path of Exile client that is compiled as a 64-bit executable and will use DirectX 11 rather than DirectX9. This client will require Windows Vista or above (and a 64-bit CPU). The old client will still work for Windows XP or 32 bit machines, but won't have the performance improvements that come with DirectX 11. This release is planned for 2017.

FINALLY !! Hypeeee ! XDDD

GG GGG !!
Maybe in 2017 i can play without any problems/breaks =D
"
Chris a écrit :
Loading screens that appear before levels are best for assets that occur during that level, like environment tiles, monsters and the skills they use.

This is where I'm utterly confused as to how you can say that the rain doesn't affect performance. Any zone with rain take more than twice the time to load than one without and this changed as you introduced the rain.

Take a map like Shipyard for example, I can't recall any other changes to this map than adding rain in all my time playing PoE with the exception of size when you removed maze as a map mod. This map takes by far longer to load than lets say Arsenal or Bazaar to compare to old tile sets that received the same treatment with the maze removal.

This is with i7-4770K @ 3.5GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 970 and using a SSD. Performance on my end shouldn't be the issue with a system like that.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
nice article thanks! btw the out-of-mem errors when zoning seems to have been resolved, nice!
Good news that u keep working on the overall game performance in all possible ways!

Its kinda frustrating to have a stuttering game on a pc that should be able to handle PoE flawlessly and when you have random ping spikes when u invested in the best internet around.

Can't wait for all these updates!
"
Redblade a écrit :
"
Chris a écrit :
Loading screens that appear before levels are best for assets that occur during that level, like environment tiles, monsters and the skills they use.

This is where I'm utterly confused as to how you can say that the rain doesn't affect performance. Any zone with rain take more than twice the time to load than one without and this changed as you introduced the rain.

Take a map like Shipyard for example, I can't recall any other changes to this map than adding rain in all my time playing PoE with the exception of size when you removed maze as a map mod. This map takes by far longer to load than lets say Arsenal or Bazaar to compare to old tile sets that received the same treatment with the maze removal.

This is with i7-4770K @ 3.5GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 970 and using a SSD. Performance on my end shouldn't be the issue with a system like that.

Bro I know tons of people with gaming rigs like yours and with resources in abudances that have all kind of performances issues. GGG keeps deyning everything. DX11/64bit won't fix a fundamentally flawed design.

I mean they are still talking about XP and stuff. What kinda potato's are you guys even running?
Interesting. Looking forward to the 64 bit Direct X 11 client, PoE is going to be continuely plagued with problems in the future until that upgrade. It isn't going to solve everything, but at least it will bring to light more solutions to these problems. I'm glad we know that it is coming now though.
"
iamnotspock a écrit :
Here is a thought (and only a rough one).

do the 64bit/Dx11 in two stages, do a 64bit version first, then migrate to DX11.

At least then the client can use the benefits of 64bit OS / CPU and not just limiting itself to 4GB of memory, mostly for those people like myself who has 8GB of ram (or more).

I second this idea on the condition that releasing a true x64 version will improve the murderous lag-spikes/freezes every time a party member zones in or I find a Rogue Exile/Perandus Horde.

Also, some toggles for Particle Effects and Rain would be nice for those of us stuck using onboard graphics cards.
"
VarthDaver a écrit :
Any chance you can let the client actually load the whole amount into RAM? Those of us with 16/32/64GB ram would likely trade initial load for removing lag.

Otherwise, glad to have the update!

if you've got the ram for it, then creating a ram disc and installing PoE on it would be a performance improvement in the mean time

edit: I'm hoping the dx11 64 bit client has some good multithreading. it's not so good to see one and a half threads being used while gaming on a 12 thread system
Dernière édition par Arkanrais, le 6 avr. 2016 01:09:13

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires