Let's talk about PvP

Thank you for taking the time to address such issues, Chris.

Openly addressing the issue with just enough transparency to understand the developers' thinking is one of many manners in which GGG operates that I feel a lot of other companies should seek to emulate.
Casual Alt-Life is best Life.

Gen 1: Spectre Necromancer, Caustic Trapper, Righteous Incinerator, 3Dragons Deadeye, Elemental Raider
Gen 2: Flicker Blade Vortexer, Perandus Hierophant, Iron Commander, Poison Flurrier
Gen 3: Cycloning Slayer, Berserker Witherstormer, LL SRS Auramancer.
Sure PvP should have come sooner. And better sooner than later. I can understand some people like to fight each other. But there was more pressing issues that still need to be adressed : strongboxes, performance, stability (crashes, disconnections), and better loot (even if this implies less loot).
Could we just PLEASE have PvP events in the challenge leagues? It's cool that Fyndel and his merry band of rich bros get to wave their dicks about in standard, but challenge leagues let EVERYONE start on the same page, and I sure would like that for direct competition.
sigfault
If you (GGG) want PvP then that's fine I spose but personally I could care less about it. I got Leo into my hideout, went to do the mission, discovered I would have to make some special PvP only character, quit the mission, and booted Leo out of my hideout. That's as much PvP as I could manage. Now I keep findfing low level duelling uniques instead of things I can actually use *sigh*

I personally felt it was a letdown to get another patch with new stuff and still no real quality of life improvements that poe really needs, like EDITABLE ITEM FILTERING FOR DROPS, MINIMAP IMPROVEMENTS, AND IGNORELISDT FUNCTIONALITY. Stuff that has been promised multiple times but just ignored, overlooked, or forgotten!

Anyway, as always I'm still not buying any more mtx points (even though there are some really good mtx now) because you just aren't adding stuff worthy of my money. When you do, I'll be there buying more points!
"
rampagingrabbit a écrit :
personally I could care less about it. I got Leo into my hideout, went to do the mission, discovered I would have to make some special PvP only character

Good to know you could care less. Leo daily doesn't require PvP only. I've had so many people miss read that it's not even funny. It says you CAN use pvp only. It DOES NOT say you have to. It is there to inform people that pvp only will work for dailies, but all it does is confuse people...

Why are so many people still complaining that PvP is taking so much time from GGG? He said it himself that hardly anything is being put into it, most is on Act 4...

I've read at least 5 people who still think this is the case.
IGN - WazaBaza
I, and a lot more other people I'm sure, will start playing PvP when there are booster draft-like LLD events that let you save time and effort spent gearing your PvP character(s) and invest it into your PvE characters. Because the power gap between someone using 6-links, Elreon multimod items and 20% gems, and someone who isn't, is typically way more than the power gap provided by skill and strategy deficiencies.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
"
ilenoc a écrit :
My problem with PVP is not that it may effect PvE experience in the future. My problem is it already did. All those block and other nerfs in v1.3 were just happened to balance PvP experience.

Some people may like rolling low level content and enjoy posting again and again. But some players like me want to make a single character perfect and face roll everything (all content including Uber Atziri)... that is my ultimate target I want to reach and all these nerfs are dragging me even further from this goal.

Haha, what?

The nerfs happened exactly because people could take a bunch of easy-to-procure (and I mean easy!) items and one-button-faceroll the hardest PvE content with it. This is wrong no matter how you put it. All the balance work goes down the drain if all you need to do to happily survive 99.9% of the game is a bunch of uniques exploiting underlooked game mechanics.

At least now you have to put some thought into building your character. You can still faceroll, and it doesn't require some crazy investments either, it's just that you now have to look deeper into it, and make compromises where there were none. Work that brain muscle of yours.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
"
moozooh a écrit :
"
ilenoc a écrit :
My problem with PVP is not that it may effect PvE experience in the future. My problem is it already did. All those block and other nerfs in v1.3 were just happened to balance PvP experience.

Some people may like rolling low level content and enjoy posting again and again. But some players like me want to make a single character perfect and face roll everything (all content including Uber Atziri)... that is my ultimate target I want to reach and all these nerfs are dragging me even further from this goal.

Haha, what?

The nerfs happened exactly because people could take a bunch of easy-to-procure (and I mean easy!) items and one-button-faceroll the hardest PvE content with it. This is wrong no matter how you put it. All the balance work goes down the drain if all you need to do to happily survive 99.9% of the game is a bunch of uniques exploiting underlooked game mechanics.

At least now you have to put some thought into building your character. You can still faceroll, and it doesn't require some crazy investments either, it's just that you now have to look deeper into it, and make compromises where there were none. Work that brain muscle of yours.

so crit tornado shot now requires brain muscle?.. same with flameblast. both extreme examples of stuff in need of nerf yet being omitted from the patch notes
Thank you Chris,
I can assure you, not everyone playing your game is a moron but it is still good
(from a business standpoint) that you value those people as customers and now and then
give them some explanation about how things are working out there in ... reality :D

"The templar is the perfect choice of an honorable man, a true gentleman.
He is a man of god. His words are true and pure.
Finally, he wears no pants because he has no shame to hide."
Aerthas, 2014
Thank you Chris!

I can't understand why so many people get upset about a small sideproject...

It was always stated, that this sideproject was done by only a few people and that the main focus is and always will be on Act 4. So thanks for reminding everyone of this.

I hope that this insight will cool down all of those people who are constantly complaining about everything.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires