[3.22] Rakiata's Rage Vortex Slayer - 7/7 Ubers, tanky, ~10 mil DPS

Greetings!

Rakiata's Dance is one of the more interesting and powerful uniques to come out in 3.22, so I decided to give a go at a lower end budget boss killer using it on a Slayer, mainly for the base crit from Overwhelm, but overleech and 20% cull is very nice for bossing aswell.

I decided to go for a Rage Vortex as my main skill, most other versions I've seen with Rakiata's are usually using Flicker Strike or Smite which tend to be pretty bad for uber bossing.

Path of Building
https://pobb.in/GjxemuzeKUMr

Video Guide
https://youtu.be/cEGdEyZk8nI

Non-budget optimized video
https://youtu.be/ht3hgg08nKI?si=yTJ0Z0L97sP99Jdd

Non-budget PoB
https://pobb.in/voTXi0S6dmRS

For 3.23 This build got hit by the Kaom's nerf, but it should still be possible to get enough Life Regen to sustain RV, using Guardian mod charms that regenerate life over 1 second every 4 seconds and getting life regen rolls on suffixes

I also made a similar but more mapping focused guide for Rage Vortex of Berserking for Slayer, using Starforge!

https://youtu.be/B3-h3EB6Mrs?si=HeElGVvdOfpWp8ep

The clear speed on this build isn't the best, but not really worse than most other Rage Vortex builds, its just not a great skill for coverage but it gets the job done and feels okay for mapping aswell.

The build ends up being really tanky so while it doesn't clear super fast its still pretty reliable to get to high levels on since you don't really die during mapping and I made it to 98 so far, having no problems doing Guardians and Invitations with no fear of losing exp.

I'm using the new amulet Defiance of Destiny for extra recovery which really makes up for not having Vaal Pact due to having to use Kaom's Spirit for Rage generation.

I decided to try to keep the budget pretty low and it ends up being in the range of 10-15 divines depending on market volatility and crafting RNG. I'm only using non-corrupted uniques, very basic essence crafted rares, no awakened or alt quality gems. You can definately cut some corners to make it even cheaper by only using a 1 mod watchers eye, and skipping fertile catalysts, arrogance on Precision instead of Enlighten etc. Provided that you have the required uniques ready this should be relatively SSF friendly, possibly even HC viable for regular bosses, though I would stay away from ubers on HC unless you are very confident, my only deathless Uber fight was shaper, though Eater and Exarch should be possible aswell.

Required Uniques
Spoiler
These are needed to get the build going, but I highly recommend getting The Taming and Defiance of Destiny aswell

Gear
Spoiler
On the rare items you are really just trying to get life, resists, spell suppression and a bit of intelligence. I crafted most of these simply using essences. Getting some chaos res is recommended for general mapping but only helps on uber sirus, which is a pretty hard boss for this build so try to get atleast positive chaos res if you want to do that type of content.

Flasks
Spoiler
These are my go-to flasks for mapping, but I switch out Quartz Flask for bossing with either Sapphire, Topaz or Ruby flask depending on the fight, Amethyst flask can also be pretty good for when you need chaos res or if you are missing chaos res on your gear.

Tattoos
Spoiler
Get Honourary Tattoo of the Pa to get Fortify and Loyalty Tattoo of Rakiata which prevents your action speed from going below base. Use small tattoos primarily to get your intelligence requirement, aswell as fixing and smoothing out your resists. Feel free to mess around and use whatever you think seems useful since this is a completely new mechanic with many possibilities. In the PoB you can see some of what I'm using.

Gem Links
Spoiler
You can use Precision with Arrogance instead of Enlighten, it cuts your hp abit but saves 1 divine, also a good option while leveling before you have all reservation nodes. Cut Increased Critial Damage if you have to use a 5-Link, this also lowers your intelligence requirement abit. Berserk is mainly used as a defensive button for ball phases etc, its pretty hard to sustain rage with it on. Lifetap on mark on hit and CWDT helps smooth out the mana.

Passive Tree with jewels
Spoiler

Leveling and Bandits
Spoiler
There are leveling trees and gem setups in the PoB, I recommend using Spectral Throw in the start and then Spectral Helix at level 12 all the way to maps when you can equip Kaom's Spirit to sustain your Rage Vortex.

Leveling links would be Spectral Helix with Chance to Bleed, Faster Attacks, Vicious Projectiles.

Ancestral Protector with Maim support.

Auras Precision, Herald of Ash, War Banner.

Movement Leap Slam with Faster Attacks, Lifetap and also Frostblink

Blood Rage for Frenzy Charges

Using Precise Technique during leveling.

Ultimately you can level anyway you want but this is what I did atleast, its not a league starter so hopefully you will have some leveling gear to make things easy and then have required uniques to transition to Rage Vortex when you hit maps

Kill all bandits.

Ascendancy order Bane of Legends > Brutal Fervour > Overwhelm > Headsman

Pantheon
Spoiler
Use Soul of Solaris for bossing and Soul of the Brine King for freeze immunity during mapping. We are using Loyalty Tattoo of the Rakiata and Spell Suppression mastery to keep from being frozen during boss fights but its not reliable for maps so you kinda have to use Brine King to be safe in maps. For minor souls I generally use Garukhan, but Abberath is good aswell depending on the situation.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer, or if you have some good info or additions to contribute feel free to post. Also check out the video guide for some gameplay and uber boss kills.
Dernière édition par Frost666, le 17 déc. 2023 16:35:58
Dernier bump le 16 oct. 2023 09:05:16
Hey just got this build going at 69 (haha) and was wondering if you could take a look and recommend some next steps.

Damage is good, tankiness is good just wanna make sure I get the important stuff next. I noticed my life leech is kinda low though.

Boots need replacing, helmet is a placeholder until 75 for Blizzard Crown and just need to save for Defiance now in terms of big ticket items.

Gear
Spoiler

PoB
Spoiler
https://pobb.in/azxwojK6rKNl

Build is really fun so far, thanks much for all the leveling notes too.
"
toiletvape a écrit :
Hey just got this build going at 69 (haha) and was wondering if you could take a look and recommend some next steps.

Damage is good, tankiness is good just wanna make sure I get the important stuff next. I noticed my life leech is kinda low though.

Boots need replacing, helmet is a placeholder until 75 for Blizzard Crown and just need to save for Defiance now in terms of big ticket items.

Gear
Spoiler

PoB
Spoiler
https://pobb.in/azxwojK6rKNl

Build is really fun so far, thanks much for all the leveling notes too.

Looks alright! I would definately recommend to try to get your flasks in order, getting Quartz and Quicksilver makes mobility much better and Diamond gives a lot of DPS. I'd also say try to get some spell suppression, you can use the "lucky chance" mastery until you get enough to cap it.

If you are struggling with resists you can use Voll's Vision helm for life reg instead of Immortal Flesh since it gives so much negative res.
I have gotten everything except for the rare ring, boots and body armour. The boots and ring i can easily just buy but how did you craft the body armour? I thought of getting a spell suppress fracture and then using essences but a fractured base is already 3 divine alone without looking at the essence crafting that comes afterwards.
"
laganomaly a écrit :
I have gotten everything except for the rare ring, boots and body armour. The boots and ring i can easily just buy but how did you craft the body armour? I thought of getting a spell suppress fracture and then using essences but a fractured base is already 3 divine alone without looking at the essence crafting that comes afterwards.

I just harvest crafted it with life modifiers, im not super good with crafting so to be honest I'm not sure what the ideal way is to get there. But say you don't quite hit the exact spell suppress you need you can always just get one or two more suppress tattoo, or all res if thats what you need. You definately have enough str and dex passives to spare to basically plug all the holes in your build with tats. But since the all res tattoos are way cheaper than the suppress ones I would say focus on getting suppress rolls on your gear.

So either greed essence or harvest life mods until you hit t2 or 3 suppress and atleast 1 res and ideally an open prefix. I don't think its worth getting a fractured base unless your trying to get a much better body armour than what I have.
What's the reasoning for not using Heatshiver on this build?
"
raginmango a écrit :
What's the reasoning for not using Heatshiver on this build?
It just doesn't make sense to spread the build thin trying to freeze ubers imo, basically all freeze duration nodes are in the witch/shadow part of the tree. Also I don't think Rakiata's is a great starting point for Heatshiver since its 50/50 cold and lightning damage.
How do you deal with any bleed, poison or any other non-elemental damage over time? Also how do you deal with elemental ailments that are from hits?
"
laganomaly a écrit :
How do you deal with any bleed, poison or any other non-elemental damage over time? Also how do you deal with elemental ailments that are from hits?
Bleed removal on life flask, Armour and Evasion mastery for poisons but I always take this point out if im doing ubers since its useless there. Suppression mastery deals with spell ailments, and leech recovery usually takes care of ignite attacks unless you're getting slammed in "always ignites" maps but I never really ran into that issue. Only ignite I died from was the fire boss in Uber Cortex but once I put on the reduced ignite duration minor pantheon I was able to tank it. Use Brine King as your major pantheon in maps for freeze/chill, Garukhan as minor for shock and just reroll always ignites maps if you want to be really safe.
HI! What are u think about how this guy do your build?
https://pobb.in/5I-b6dCY5zf_

Seeems like wery interesting.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires