[DEAD] Explode Totem Pathfinder

Hi,

This build is different and look like fun. My first question (and probably more in the future) concerns the weapon.

It says to craft the base with the crucible modifiers using essence of zeal. Zeal gives minion damage. Totems are allies and not minions. Is the craft for the mines ? The base weapon seems readily available.
"
Hoya63 a écrit :
Hi,

This build is different and look like fun. My first question (and probably more in the future) concerns the weapon.

It says to craft the base with the crucible modifiers using essence of zeal. Zeal gives minion damage. Totems are allies and not minions. Is the craft for the mines ? The base weapon seems readily available.

EDIT: I guess the spirtual aid covers the above point.
My current playing char :
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Thonyzuka/Farting_Totems?i=0&search=name%3Dfarting

Couldnt stay in cold version; many items /skill isues; I did so bad i felt klunky all the time. So i fuzed idea from everywhere and tried some bit of reflexion....

Good defences even tho juiced uber EoW rip me like crap (it look life degen after tentacls hits but i'm not sure)
With this armour
i'm in damage mode : totems life rise up to 239%

In this one :

I'm quite tanky as pob tell me : 246k effective hit pool; 175k for fire and lightning and 161k for cold.

To some uber Bosses I still need to take a life flask or i'm done as is i had nothing (and if a little "juiced" even life flsk can't save the day lol)

After this atrocious fight i'm triyng to puch up life regen

Took my auras on Bow for much more reservation eff without Devouring diadem
Hey. Any tips how can I improve my build? Damage is great but I cant survive damage from uber bosses and simulacrums with many damage mods.

Failed uber sirus. Got insta killed by ground damage too many times.

Is it my skill issues or am I missing something?
"
zahri777 a écrit :
Hey. Any tips how can I improve my build? Damage is great but I cant survive damage from uber bosses and simulacrums with many damage mods.

Failed uber sirus. Got insta killed by ground damage too many times.

Is it my skill issues or am I missing something?

No you aren't missing anything.

The Explode Totem build is easy to create and cheap, BUT and its a big one, it isn't designed to do the hardest content of end game. That is for many reasons:

1) It is a delayed attack. All your dmg is delayed. That is an issue.
2) It is vulnerable to large Phys Dots and Degens.
3) To do hard content, you actually have to do the mechanics of the fight. Despite one-shot'ing Baron or Exarch, it won't easily do phased encounters.
4) To even get even close to sorta-Tanky, it takes significant $$$.

Explode Totem PF is the best of the totem exploders, but even with PF life flask abuse it is still easily killed.

BUT the main thing is -- it lets people see content they would've not seen other wise (and never saw before Crucible). Be glad for that.
Dernière édition par Optio82, le 6 juin 2023 17:19:34
Hi guys, mostly I tried to follow the guide. My damage is good enough, but monsters one shot me.

Can you please look and tell me what I need to change in my build?

Thank you.

https://pobb.in/vQdb006aTI1b
"
jugitive a écrit :
Hi guys, mostly I tried to follow the guide. My damage is good enough, but monsters one shot me.

Can you please look and tell me what I need to change in my build?

Thank you.

https://pobb.in/vQdb006aTI1b

Your armor is really low, 4000 according to your pob. We want at least 30000 for early endgame. We can solve this by using Iron Reflex with granite and jade flasks, probably adding a defiance banner too if possible. If you don't feel like stacking armor going plain evasion would be a cheaper option, which saves a reservation slot and allows getting purity of elements, but you will still get one shot occasionally until you stack other layers of defenses.
Right, just fire.
No need for armour if we mitigate and recoup damage taken. Also recoup is the real mvp, especially with progenesis and the jewels. I m doing rejuv totems and i m tanking Uber sirus meteor and i don t got more then 4K armour.
"
Bogdanovici1 a écrit :
No need for armour if we mitigate and recoup damage taken. Also recoup is the real mvp, especially with progenesis and the jewels. I m doing rejuv totems and i m tanking Uber sirus meteor and i don t got more then 4K armour.

While "get Progenesis and recoup" is technically not a wrong answer, it is also a far goal which needs time and investments. For his specific PoB and problem, getting armor is a much faster solution, and a more reasonable first step in progression to the endgame setup.

Right, just fire.
I'm now playing Two version :
Poison explotem pathfinder & Cold explotem Occultist

the 1st one is tanky and deal good damages (still cannot tank everything like ubers but really good tanky)

the 2nd one is ultra powerfull (yet squishy) cold version. It is powerfull anouth to undercut Uber Maven before she make "bad" moves that would messup battle ground : i trigger the 1st punishement phase withing 2 sec after i can start hit her...

Uber uber Elder is a no go as one of the worses phase-types Uber Bosses and i didnt mind to try Uber Sirus in cold version : thts would a bad joke, he has so many phases to 1-shot you with crapes you that dont get anought portals to compensate with high damages.

My poison version reached 250k ehp (and 154k phys max hit)
Having 90% phys dmg reduction with only 1800 armour still feel strange)

But I have yet to reach above 89% all elem res, and i have a why for that, it is only that i shoose another cluster for something else

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires