[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

First time posting so sorry for any mistakes. I am following the MF build almost exactly, but I end up with only 17 Mana unreserved after using Pride, Grace, Arctic Armor, PoE, and War Banner. In the PoB it estimates 105 being left over.

I am lvl 95 so I don't have the final Medium Jewel allocated yet, and haven't obtained Enlightened support lvl 4. Would these 2 things be the cause of such a low mana reserve or am I missing something else?

Thanks!
You char doesn't seem to be public.
I've been playing this build for a few weeks now and I really enjoy it. Thanks OP for the build, it made me think a lot and was much enjoyable.

I feel like I need to get over one more Big step to get ahead.

In fact I guess I should add purity of élément but I can't now because it réservés too much mana. Got precision to lvl 1, take a few efficiency reserving skills, I just feel I need to add enhanced support to get the last mana I need.

At this point I think I have to let one of my ring to get a nimis. Including purity of elements will provide the res I will loose replacing one of my actual ring.

Still I didn't get how you got rid of the replica wings for a high dps 2h axe.

I've made a few mistakes, not considering enough the impale damages.

Any advice OP ? ;)
did they eventually fix the ss of ammunition?
should we expect a 3.24 update on this one?
3.24 Build Update!

Hi Fellas,

Nothing really changed...

I am currently updating the Leveling PoB to recommend starting with Spectral Throw/Helix instead of the Splitting Steel, because it just doesn't feel good to not have Call of Steel to finish off packs while leveling. Though you can certainly level with Splitting Steel just fine, if you just want to play the same skill the whole way through.

One thing is that, so far, to me this seems more like a crafting league, which outside of leveling, it won't help much, since I like doing "mostly all Uniques" setups, just to see if I can make them work (and so far they have). We'll see what happens, it's impossible to tell right now...

Either way, I've been playing this build before there were any Projectile Return mechanics, and it was fine; it's always been very strong, just mostly that people hated having to press Call of Steel. I never had a problem with that, I always liked having that sort of Explody on-demand.

Additionally, 3.23 had some of the toughest content, and if you look at the 10k+ Empowered Mapping Videos, that was with MF gear, so really the build will be fine in 3.24.

In short, the skills potential has already been proven, and whether you go with this version or not, you should be fine.

As far as nerfs go:

1) Reduced Mana Cost Flask craft is gone
2) Sniper's Mark got a nerf
3) Extra socket now needed for Warcry
4) Ralakesh boots lost 30% MS, so probably going back to Dawnstrider

#3 is really fucking annoying NGL... but still workable, or just drop the fucking Warcry, cuz it's kinda pissing me off already.

Anyway, here's the lvling PoB export I'm updating:

https://pobb.in/u/corosou/324SSLS *Updated 03/28/2024 (3.24 League Start Guide in Notes)

CLICK THE LINK AND READ THE NOTES BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP IN FORUM PLEASE!

GL in 3.24!
Dernière édition par corosou, le 28 mars 2024 10:57:38
Hey,

I just finished an Act 5 run to see how this build feels in a League start scenario. And it felt realy good. I am normaly not someone who plays Attack builds, (becourse i suck at crafting) but the leveling was nice and after picking up returning proj, it felt eaven better.

One thing i can not test now is my Currency making strat. I am one of the few persons who enjoys Blight/Blighted Maps and i farm them like 2 weeks straight to generate my currency. Everyone needs Golden Oils :D

anyway. How does this build do in blights? The only videos i find on Youtube are builds, worth >700 Div into farming Invitations and uber. But not a single one is showing how League mecanics looks like with it. No blight, no Ritual, no Expediton etc.

maybe you can help me with it. Would realy appreciate it.

One last thing.

In your new Leveling pob, on the Impale Mastery. You picked something with uses/interact with "Call to Steel". As far as i know, we dont use this. We dont use Lancing Steel? Maybe i am missing something.

Thank you and have a nice day.

SuperBrother

Dernière édition par SuperBrother1, le 23 mars 2024 08:42:50
"
SuperBrother1 a écrit :
Spoiler
Hey,

I just finished an Act 5 run to see how this build feels in a League start scenario. And it felt realy good. I am normaly not someone who plays Attack builds, (becourse i suck at crafting) but the leveling was nice and after picking up returning proj, it felt eaven better.

One thing i can not test now is my Currency making strat. I am one of the few persons who enjoys Blight/Blighted Maps and i farm them like 2 weeks straight to generate my currency. Everyone needs Golden Oils :D

anyway. How does this build do in blights? The only videos i find on Youtube are builds, worth >700 Div into farming Invitations and uber. But not a single one is showing how League mecanics looks like with it. No blight, no Ritual, no Expediton etc.

maybe you can help me with it. Would realy appreciate it.

One last thing.

In your new Leveling pob, on the Impale Mastery. You picked something with uses/interact with "Call to Steel". As far as i know, we dont use this. We dont use Lancing Steel? Maybe i am missing something.

Thank you and have a nice day.

SuperBrother

Sweet! Thanks for testing and sharing your leveling experience.

I rarely run Blight myself, but if you know what you're doing and you get the right ring anoints, I don't see why it wouldn't work, the only thing is that with Returning Proj you need to be at close range.

Call of Steel is not in the base Splitting Steel, but it is in Splitting Steel of Ammunition, which is what I use in endgame myself:

Thanks for pointing that out though, I'll mention it in the Notes, so people understand why it's there.

GL

EDIT: I took a quick peek at your leveling toon and saw you're using Ruthless, but Splitting isn't a Melee skill, so it does nothing for this build.

You'd want to run Chance to Bleed, Vicious Proj, Momentum or Cruelty instead of Ruthless.

It's funny that you had a good experience and were only on 3L ;) a very good sign the skill is quite strong, even when not optimally linked.
Dernière édition par corosou, le 23 mars 2024 11:19:01
Hey,

ya this was a bit skuffed at first. My Weapon had Cast speed crafted on it, not attack speed.
I had no Herald until the start of act 5.

This is my PoB at act 5 now: https://pobb.in/b0XVFiqwEsYP
This is my PoB at the Arakali Fight: https://pobb.in/1tG-GDZCeHRX
(why i still run Ruthless i dont know, i thought i had Chance to bleed in it but what ever)

Its, realy super scuffed but i have fun. I don´t know why, but i cant stop playing. After fixing stuff, the clear was realy smooth. Eaven in Delirum Mirror in Act 7 i had no problems whatsoever. If you get 50 Rage stacks it plays like an endgame build. On a 4 link.

I still don´t had a real Totem Setup with Culling at this point. So Rares and Bosses were taking longer.

Saying this, i play testing it on SSF, so no Dreamfeather no, 2h Uniques no Perseverance.

I can´t wait for next Friday.

SuperBrother

Edit: so i am done with Act 10 and Testing with blight, for people who wants to know this.

Clear is good but every Rare and boss are gonna run you over. Atleast early Leaguestart, you need freeze/Stun tower to deal with that. Otherwhise you are gonna fail hard.

Tested it after freshly killed Kitava, lvl 69 with 485 P-dps axe.
https://pobb.in/waXVZS95XWSy

Dernière édition par SuperBrother1, le 24 mars 2024 14:35:32
Hi corosou.
Build looks good so i will give it a go in new league.
I'm older and have a few hand arthritis problems but the amount of button pushing doesn't seem that much so should be ok for me. The keybind for "call of steel" in the MMB maybe problematic for me but i will get over that.
Love delve so i have to ask how does this build cope there?
Absolutely hopeless at POB so i hope you play this build in the new league so i can just copy what you do although it takes me about 6 days to get to maps lol.
Thanks.

P.S. I usually use Steelskin or Molten Shell on my LMB, is that ok or a no/no?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires