[3.20] [SC] Oro's Flickering Flame Slayer: League-start-capable Flicker Strike

Was looking for a Flicker Oro version and this popped up. Thanks for sharing this. Im gonna try it out :) started as seismic poison got abit of currency.
Builds seems a little difficult to play before I can afford an enlighten. I don't have enough mana to continuously flicker, even with mana leech nodes. Any ideas?
"
Soroto a écrit :
Builds seems a little difficult to play before I can afford an enlighten. I don't have enough mana to continuously flicker, even with mana leech nodes. Any ideas?

Don't use Anger until you can afford an amulet with the mana reservation efficiency mod for it.

There's a reason the PoB splits it into multiple tiers: you should be chasing the "Early Mapping" set for gems, not the "Solid Investment" or "Maximum" sets.

Keep in mind that Anger on its own only provides a marginal improvement to your DPS: it's only particularly strong once you have a watcher's eye mod for it.

So for now, drop Anger, and stick with Determination + Precision... And if you want more DPS, then, for the time being, go with Flammability + Blasphemy. At this stage of your build, this will actually give you more DPS than Anger would. (later, once you have a Watcher's Eye and a ring for applying Flammability, it's better to run Anger)
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT a écrit :
"
Soroto a écrit :

Don't use Anger until you can afford an amulet with the mana reservation efficiency mod for it.

There's a reason the PoB splits it into multiple tiers: you should be chasing the "Early Mapping" set for gems, not the "Solid Investment" or "Maximum" sets.

Keep in mind that Anger on its own only provides a marginal improvement to your DPS: it's only particularly strong once you have a watcher's eye mod for it.

So for now, drop Anger, and stick with Determination + Precision... And if you want more DPS, then, for the time being, go with Flammability + Blasphemy. At this stage of your build, this will actually give you more DPS than Anger would. (later, once you have a Watcher's Eye and a ring for applying Flammability, it's better to run Anger)

Excellent! Much appreciate the response.

I haven't played in a few leagues and forgot how to work parts of POB.
Dernière édition par Soroto, le 20 déc. 2022 12:37:34
Wondering how you deal with poison? hmm. Also dont have enough mana to run blashphemy+flammibility and then be able to flicker (got the mana leech node) otherwise great build! enjoying it very much! :D tho i do get insta shot everynow and again but thats flicker for ya i guess ^^
"
EvilSpenZer a écrit :
Wondering how you deal with poison? hmm. Also dont have enough mana to run blashphemy+flammibility and then be able to flicker (got the mana leech node) otherwise great build! enjoying it very much! :D tho i do get insta shot everynow and again but thats flicker for ya i guess ^^

regarding poison options are mainly
1. work on getting that chaos resist up a bit
2. run pantheon for poison resist (minor soul of shakari. swapping major one to arakali may get you killed by stuns instead but could be an option for specific fights)
3. run a poison immunity flask. don't really need double blood flasks (idk why the original pob suggests that, may just be personal preference or whatever). especially when you can get immunity to the more dangerous corrupted blood via a corrupted jewel. also instant recovery on low life flasks are a major life saver. i never even run life flasks without it anymore. usually you don't need more regen, you just need it fast. give it a try
4. just more dps, dead stuff dun hurt, lul

as for mana, just swap fire pen to inspiration support. not only should it fix your mana, it's actually more dps for your current config
"
Cash4Cookies a écrit :
"
EvilSpenZer a écrit :

regarding poison options are mainly
1. work on getting that chaos resist up a bit
2. run pantheon for poison resist (minor soul of shakari. swapping major one to arakali may get you killed by stuns instead but could be an option for specific fights)
3. run a poison immunity flask. don't really need double blood flasks (idk why the original pob suggests that, may just be personal preference or whatever). especially when you can get immunity to the more dangerous corrupted blood via a corrupted jewel. also instant recovery on low life flasks are a major life saver. i never even run life flasks without it anymore. usually you don't need more regen, you just need it fast. give it a try
4. just more dps, dead stuff dun hurt, lul

as for mana, just swap fire pen to inspiration support. not only should it fix your mana, it's actually more dps for your current config
Ahhh thanks alot ! :D will try ^^ having a blast !
"
EvilSpenZer a écrit :

For poison, when I know it'll be an issue (and I don't already have chaos resist) I generally swap a bleed flask for a poison flask.

You should be able to get Blasphemy+Flammability provided you have the mastery to improve your reservation efficiency with both Precision & Determination. This is also critical because the reservation for Blasphemy is only slightly more than that for Anger if you have a decently-rolled amulet for it. (which is the final replacement)

As for one-shots, while part of it is just ensuring you kill everything quickly enough, this becomes easier said than done once you get to red maps; in this situation, I recommend having at least 4k life, and also, most critically, being mindful of your Molten Shell status.

This is the entire reason why the gem setup has both a level 10 and a level 20 version of the same spell; the former will proc with CWDT and be fine for protecting you in most scenarios. But when something beefy enough to avoid quickly dying appears, you'll want to only engage it while you have molten shell protection. (if your MS bursts, leap slam away and run around for a few seconds for it to come back off cooldown!) Having a level 20 gives you a manual-cast alternative option you can pop on right before attacking something like a nasty rare monster. (e.g, from an essence or sometimes harvest seed)
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Enjoying the flicker gameplay so far, thanks for the guide! Im just struggeling to get any dps into the build. Im kinda stuck at 250k combined dps according to PoB and have the feeling im overlooking something fundamental.
"
TrionTraion a écrit :
Enjoying the flicker gameplay so far, thanks for the guide! Im just struggeling to get any dps into the build. Im kinda stuck at 250k combined dps according to PoB and have the feeling im overlooking something fundamental.

gotta make your chars public or drop a pastebin link here. hard to tell what's lacking without being able to see the char

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires