[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
ergit3000 a écrit :
Hello Fezz, I'm continuing my question that you saw in reddit, I´ll copy it here for reference:

"Hello exiles,

I'm looking for some tips, some crucial things I´m probably ignoring or just unknown, because my damage in t16s and things above is low, my tankiness is ok, but i need more damage to complete some objectives.... I am trying to follow the guide from Fezz´s , Pls with your experience help me with any issue you could detect, tyvm!

My pob: https://pobb.in/itP-bvM-JO1Q

*Edit: forgot to mention my budget right now is low, like 1 Divine :/"

You mention me that you recommend not to speccing out of utility-related nodes.I followed you guide in every single point of the tree talent, only took the Spell supression nodes as another defense barrier... do you recommend me move those points to something else to get more damage??? Or any other mistake you could detect pls to help me improve in damage where I feel I'm struggling

Thank you!!

UPDATE: I added cluster jewels to my tree and i improved the damage at cost of some life , here is my new pob in case you notice something that could be improved, thank you in advance

https://pobb.in/hJtdkLMfCKr7

Hey mate,

Your next investments should be (if possible, in this order):

1. Buy Vaal Molten Shell (check this trade link) and level it to level 16. Then replace it with your current default version.
// check the related endgame milestone here

2. Buy a second Medium Cluster Jewel with 2 passive skills (check this trade link)

3. Buy a 6-link bow with +2 socketed bow gems / +1 socketed gems / chaos dot multi[/url] (check this trade link). You can easily change the colors of the sockets by using the the crafting bench option with "at least one blue socket" (even with corrupted bows)

4. Buy 21/20 gems (or 21/0 gems if they are too expensive) for all your main setup gems. Gem levels are one of your very best ways to scale damage (as explained in the damage scaling section)

5. Buy a Large Cluster Jewel with 3 passive skills (check this trade link)

6. Buy as much Viridian Jewels with at least Chaos Dot Mulit & % increased Maximim Life as you can fit into your build. They are relatively cheap (check this trade link).

7. Buy one Viridian with 'Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you' and at least Chaos Dot Mulit OR % increased Maximum Life (check this trade link) .

General comments after having a glimpse at your build in PoB:

1. Stop using Grace. This aura is a super late endgame minmaxing upgrade. Once you stop using Grace, you should be able to unskill Charisma and invest the skill point elsewhere. If you have mana problems, try if not using Withering Step helps. If it does, stop using Withering Step (it's not crucial).

3. Your Awakened Vicious Projectiles Support has 0 quality which make it worse than the default version. Add 20% quality with Gemcutter's Prism.

4. Stop using the Empower Support gem in your main skill setup. This is only beneficial once you have your late engame bow as explained in the milestone. Use Mirage Archer Support instead.

5. You have WAY TOO MUCH elemental resistances. You only need 75% (or 105% if you want to run Elemental Weakness map mods, but you can roll these). Eveything above 75%/105% is probably a wasted mod which can be used for something useful. ADDITIONALLY, your Chaos Resistance is WAY TOO LOW. Try to focus on becoming Chaos Resistance capped.
// While the importance of Chaos Resistance is mentioned regurlarly in the guide, there currently doesn't exist a dedicated milestone for it. I will add this when updating the guide for the next league. So thank you very much for getting in touch with me, due to that the guide can be improved.

6. Your belt can be way better for a very cheap investment. Check the items sections to what to look for - you want to have a Stygian Vise belt which allows you to put an Abyss Jewel in it.

7. According to PoB, you have 106% Spell Suppression Chance. You only need 100%. Therefore, you can unskill the small 'Evasion and Spell Suppression' next to Magebane and invest it elsewhere.

Last but not least: Most of your mistakes or missed opportunities arise from not reading the guide carefully enough (or at all) - I get that you rather want to play the game than reading a bible, but if you feel like you are struggling, checking out the guide for information should be the go-to-strategy - in 99% the information you are looking for is already there ;). That being said: I highly recommend reading all the endgame milestones one-by-one (once again) and check if you can mark them as complete. If not, you should work on them until you can mark them as complete.

Dernière édition par fezz8386, le 8 sept. 2023 19:04:10
Wowow.... impressive response, thank you so much for your time, these tips will help me tons!!

"
fezz8386 a écrit :
"
ergit3000 a écrit :
Hello Fezz, I'm continuing my question that you saw in reddit, I´ll copy it here for reference:

"Hello exiles,

I'm looking for some tips, some crucial things I´m probably ignoring or just unknown, because my damage in t16s and things above is low, my tankiness is ok, but i need more damage to complete some objectives.... I am trying to follow the guide from Fezz´s , Pls with your experience help me with any issue you could detect, tyvm!

You mention me that you recommend not to speccing out of utility-related nodes.I followed you guide in every single point of the tree talent, only took the Spell supression nodes as another defense barrier... do you recommend me move those points to something else to get more damage??? Or any other mistake you could detect pls to help me improve in damage where I feel I'm struggling

Thank you!!

UPDATE: I added cluster jewels to my tree and i improved the damage at cost of some life , here is my new pob in case you notice something that could be improved, thank you in advance

Hey mate,

1. Buy Vaal Molten Shell (check this trade link) and level it to level 16. Then replace it with your current default version.

2. Buy a second Medium Cluster Jewel with 2 passive skills (check this trade link)

3. Buy a 6-link bow with +2 socketed bow gems / +1 socketed gems / chaos dot multi[/url] (check this trade link). You can easily change the colors of the sockets by using the the crafting bench option with "at least one blue socket" (even with corrupted bows)

4. Buy 21/20 gems (or 21/0 gems if they are too expensive) for all your main setup gems. Gem levels are one of your very best ways to scale damage (as explained in the damage scaling section)

6. Buy as much Viridian Jewels with at least Chaos Dot Mulit & % increased Maximim Life as you can fit into your build. They are relatively cheap (check this trade link).

7. Buy one Viridian with 'Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you' and at least Chaos Dot Mulit OR % increased Maximum Life (check this trade link) .

1. Stop using Grace. This aura is a super late endgame minmaxing upgrade. Once you stop using Grace, you should be able to unskill Charisma and invest the skill point elsewhere. If you have mana problems, try if not using Withering Step helps. If it does, stop using Withering Step (it's not crucial).

3. Your Awakened Vicious Projectiles Support has 0 quality which make it worse than the default version. Add 20% quality with Gemcutter's Prism.

4. Stop using the Empower Support gem in your main skill setup. This is only beneficial once you have your late engame bow as explained in the milestone. Use Mirage Archer Support instead.

5. You have WAY TOO MUCH elemental resistances. You only need 75% (or 105% if you want to run Elemental Weakness map mods, but you can roll these). Eveything above 75%/105% is probably a wasted mod which can be used for something useful. ADDITIONALLY, your Chaos Resistance is WAY TOO LOW. Try to focus on becoming Chaos Resistance capped.
// While the importance of Chaos Resistance is mentioned regurlarly in the guide, there currently doesn't exist a dedicated milestone for it. I will add this when updating the guide for the next league. So thank you very much for getting in touch with me, due to that the guide can be improved.

6. Your belt can be way better for a very cheap investment. Check the items sections to what to look for - you want to have a Stygian Vise belt which allows you to put an Abyss Jewel in it.

7. According to PoB, you have 106% Spell Suppression Chance. You only need 100%. Therefore, you can unskill the small 'Evasion and Spell Suppression' next to Magebane and invest it elsewhere.

Last but not least: Most of your mistakes or missed opportunities arise from not reading the guide carefully enough (or at all) - I get that you rather want to play the game than reading a bible, but if you feel like you are struggling, checking out the guide for information should be the go-to-strategy - in 99% the information you are looking for is already there ;). That being said: I highly recommend reading all the endgame milestones one-by-one (once again) and check if you can mark them as complete. If not, you should work on them until you can mark them as complete.

"
ergit3000 a écrit :
Wowow.... impressive response, thank you so much for your time, these tips will help me tons!!

"
fezz8386 a écrit :
"
ergit3000 a écrit :

"Hello exiles,

Thank you!!

Hey mate,

You're welcome ;)
What keystone would you recommend if you could have any? (I think I know the answer :) )
Censored.
"
kolyaboo a écrit :
What keystone would you recommend if you could have any? (I think I know the answer :) )

The keystones the build benefits from the most are actually quite easy to get with the default skill tree. These are:

- Ghost Dance
- Magebane

On top of that, the following keystone can be quite nice because it allows you to invest your mana and mana flask related skill points somewhere else:

- Eldritch Battery

Other than that, there are a few keystones which can be beneficial when certain requirements are met:

- Arrow Dancing (if you farm an (Uber) boss that uses a lot of projectiles - I don't know if that's the case, tbh)
- Divine Shield (if you have quite a bit Energy Shield)
- Iron Reflexes (if you have a lot of Evasion and you don't use Grace yet)

So, if I have to pick one to answer your question, it would be Eldritch Battery ;)

Cheers

Dernière édition par fezz8386, le 3 oct. 2023 14:56:09
really loving this build!!! im wondering, have gone through over half of the milestones ( notably not 21-20 gems, but getting to where they are all 20% qual) and my dps according to pob is astronomically lower than your pob build. ( under 1mil)

can you reccomend anything im doing wrong?
my pob is https://pobb.in/njwXpKM56Zu4

thanks again!
"
demodread1975 a écrit :
really loving this build!!! im wondering, have gone through over half of the milestones ( notably not 21-20 gems, but getting to where they are all 20% qual) and my dps according to pob is astronomically lower than your pob build. ( under 1mil)

can you reccomend anything im doing wrong?
my pob is https://pobb.in/njwXpKM56Zu4

thanks again!

Hey mate, thanks for the feedback, love to hear it ;)

Regarding the PoB: You have to setup the build properly by using the 'Configuration' tab in PoB. You can read how it's done in the Q&A section.

FYI: You are currently at ~2.4M DPS and here's your fixed PoB: https://pobb.in/38pYLrczJYgB

Cheers!

Dernière édition par fezz8386, le 5 oct. 2023 01:14:53
Fantastic guide!
https://pobb.in/u/tronez/8YfuoCZ89YlN This is my character rn, i made few adjustments to get more dps(followed your tips in guide to skip some talents)
Could you maybe give me some tips or adjustments?
Not sure whether i should replace gear are sit on currency for a while and buy better gems

feedback: could you make endgame passive build more visible on website(one with gems)?
Dernière édition par tronez, le 25 oct. 2023 19:29:49
"
tronez a écrit :
Fantastic guide!
https://pobb.in/u/tronez/8YfuoCZ89YlN This is my character rn, i made few adjustments to get more dps(followed your tips in guide to skip some talents)
Not sure whether i should replace gear are sit on currency for a while and buy better gems

feedback: could you make endgame passive build more visible on website(one with gems)?

Hey there, thanks for the kind words ;)

First of all: You are nowhere near of having the level, items or gems to switch to a more damage focus setup. It's simply not worth it at this stage and will hurt your progress way more than it helps. I recommend grinding to level 93-95 and completing most of the endgame milestones before thinking about more damage.

In terms of tips/adjustments, I can say the following:

- Try to stick close to the guide. Every information you are loooking for should be there. So make sure to complete the endgame milestones one by one and you will. This includes the following points that I've noticed in your current setup: Gem quality, Amulet (get a rare one, that unique sucks), Belt (get a rare one, that unique sucks), you are missing the CWDT setup (something is off here), you currently have your main skill in a 4-link and your secondary skill in a 6-link (you want to switch that)

"
tronez a écrit :

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'endgame passive build'?! Like this?
"
tronez a écrit :
Fantastic guide!

Hey there, thanks for the kind words ;)

First of all: You are nowhere near of having the level, items or gems to switch to a more damage focus setup. It's simply not worth it at this stage and will hurt your progress way more than it helps. I recommend grinding to level 93-95 and completing most of the endgame milestones before thinking about more damage.

In terms of tips/adjustments, I can say the following:

- Try to stick close to the guide. Every information you are loooking for should be there. So make sure to complete the endgame milestones one by one and you will. This includes the following points that I've noticed in your current setup: Gem quality, Amulet (get a rare one, that unique sucks), Belt (get a rare one, that unique sucks), you are missing the CWDT setup (something is off here), you currently have your main skill in a 4-link and your secondary skill in a 6-link (you want to switch that)

"
tronez a écrit :

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'endgame passive build'?! Like this?
Dernière édition par fezz8386, le 26 oct. 2023 02:50:29

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires