[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️

Will it be viable in 100% delirious maps and 5 way legion later on with a suitable gear?
"
Loudstorm a écrit :
Will it be viable in 100% delirious maps and 5 way legion later on with a suitable gear?

Like you said, suitable gear. You can get 6-7 mil dps if you spend enough, more if you truly have great gear.

Inpulsa and Storm's Gift would be great for 5 way.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
dauphic a écrit :
Wouldn't it be better to put Molten Shell on left click? Then you can link Increased Duration instead of CWDT, or Second Wind for Flame Dash

Also possible.

"
Aim4MyHead a écrit :
Thanks for posting this guide - fairly sure I've found my league starter (and finisher) here.

I really want to work Orb of Storms into the build (just because of the rework... and I think it looks cool). I've swapped out the 4-link golems to instead include OoS, and swapped the golem notable to the one that gives convergence. With convergence and OoS, I think it's a bossing damage upgrade at the cost of the extra defence from the golems' regen and taunting, which I'm ok with.

The thing I'm not sure about is the loss of cast speed from the lightning golem, as it goes from 28% down to 6% as I'm keeping a lower level one around on cwdt. In terms of how the build feels to play, is that cast speed loss going to be a big deal?

Here's a rough PoB that I threw together to show what I'm thinking of doing:
https://pastebin.com/rgHbbUqS

Do you think this will work ok? Thanks!

Yeah, I tested that in PoB, too. I think it's an option, at least if you have lots of cast speed on your gear and not just the tree. Thing is, OoS doesn't really add that much DPS, but it could be used to get us Onslaught to compensate, and it would make clearing safer while it's up.

Still, to even consider this, you need a LOT of Cast Speed first.

I just gave this a test run for SSF, using some old lightning gear from past characters to expedite it, and it really seems like you can't use Crackling Lance effectively until you have a bunch of items and a high level.

Prior to the necessary investment, it's like playing a very mediocre Arc build.

Mapping sucks, especially at reds.
Obliteration doesn't help; the explosion isn't worth the massive loss in damage. Inpulsa isn't happening in SSF.

This is further compounded by most of your damage coming from 50% shock; which, in reality, you aren't getting until high investment.

Defenses are really, really bad in early maps.
Defiance and Banner require too much strength; it's hard to fit it in while also capping resistances very early in the league. Most of the strength nodes are also very late in the tree. There also isn't enough mana to reserve Banner until you have Enlighten.

Freeze isn't a reliable defense without proliferation, which requires a cluster jewel that you won't have for a while.

There's also no spell mitigation and you don't have Aegis until fourth lab. I couldn't find any easy way to get leech without a Doryani cluster, so elemental damage was very hard to deal with.
Dernière édition par dauphic, le 2 févr. 2022 05:04:37
"
dauphic a écrit :
I just gave this a test run for SSF, using some old lightning gear from past characters to expedite it, and it really seems like you can't use Crackling Lance effectively until you have a bunch of items and a high level.

Prior to the necessary investment, it's like playing a very mediocre Arc build.

Mapping sucks, especially at reds.
Obliteration doesn't help; the explosion isn't worth the massive loss in damage. Inpulsa isn't happening in SSF.

This is further compounded by most of your damage coming from 50% shock; which, in reality, you aren't getting until high investment.

Defenses are really, really bad in early maps.
Defiance and Banner require too much strength; it's hard to fit it in while also capping resistances very early in the league. Most of the strength nodes are also very late in the tree. There also isn't enough mana to reserve Banner until you have Enlighten.

Freeze isn't a reliable defense without proliferation, which requires a cluster jewel that you won't have for a while.

There's also no spell mitigation and you don't have Aegis until fourth lab. I couldn't find any easy way to get leech without a Doryani cluster, so elemental damage was very hard to deal with.

Good notes. Guess we'll see what gear I have in SSF by red maps. I expect to have a semi-functional large+medium cluster jewel setup by then, as well as Uber Lab.

Wait, you tested on a level 66 char ON RED MAPS without even Merc Lab or Shock at all, on a 5L, without any clusters, and before the 45% damage buff? Of course it's bad.

At that point you should still be doing Non-Crit EO as per the leveling tree.

Dernière édition par CantripN, le 2 févr. 2022 05:19:58
I'm not sure if everyone in this thread has noticed, but the patch notes got updated to buff crackling lance even more than originally planned:

Crackling Lance: Now deals 28 to 84 Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (previously 28 to 85), up to 458 to 1375 at gem level 20 (previously 317 to 952). Now has "35% more Damage with Hits and Ailments per Intensity" at all gem levels (previously 30%). Now has a Mana cost of 11 at gem level 1 (previously 12), up to 21 at gem level 20 (previously 23). Now has a cast time of 0.65 seconds at all gem levels (previously 0.70 seconds). Now has 165% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 115%).

So we have even more "more" damage, and also faster cast speed.

"
CantripN a écrit :
"
Aim4MyHead a écrit :
Thanks for posting this guide - fairly sure I've found my league starter (and finisher) here.

I really want to work Orb of Storms into the build (just because of the rework... and I think it looks cool). I've swapped out the 4-link golems to instead include OoS, and swapped the golem notable to the one that gives convergence. With convergence and OoS, I think it's a bossing damage upgrade at the cost of the extra defence from the golems' regen and taunting, which I'm ok with.

The thing I'm not sure about is the loss of cast speed from the lightning golem, as it goes from 28% down to 6% as I'm keeping a lower level one around on cwdt. In terms of how the build feels to play, is that cast speed loss going to be a big deal?

Here's a rough PoB that I threw together to show what I'm thinking of doing:
https://pastebin.com/rgHbbUqS

Do you think this will work ok? Thanks!

Yeah, I tested that in PoB, too. I think it's an option, at least if you have lots of cast speed on your gear and not just the tree. Thing is, OoS doesn't really add that much DPS, but it could be used to get us Onslaught to compensate, and it would make clearing safer while it's up.

Still, to even consider this, you need a LOT of Cast Speed first.

Thanks again. Maybe I'll hold off and see how badly I need extra bossing DPS in that case.
I like this skill alot but so nervous to league start with it qq
Do you think that the Occultist version of this build would work? I mean drop the golem notes and grab Disciple of the Forbidden and in medium/late go low life.

Great guide and idea for the build, cheers! :)
"
thereixx a écrit :
Do you think that the Occultist version of this build would work? I mean drop the golem notes and grab Disciple of the Forbidden and in medium/late go low life.

Great guide and idea for the build, cheers! :)

It's possible, you'd need to work hard to get good dps though. Even as lowlife.

Could also consider Inquisitor.

Dernière édition par CantripN, le 2 févr. 2022 10:58:01

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires