[3.18] Gryph's Tank Simulator - A Detonate Dead Ignite Elementalist

"
Asag a écrit :
What would be good Megalomaniac mod pool to try fish one? Theres so big variety on them thats basically immpossible to get 3 specific mods so I would like to make for myself some Trade Filter with like 1 mod that must be present on the jewel and like 2 (count filter) other mods from some bigger mod pool.

Any advice? I'm quite not sure what mods I should look for. Any order of importance?

The only reason to take a Megalomaniac is for one with Enduring Composure to save a couple passive points. I'm not even convinced it's worth it over a medium+small cluster jewel to be honest.
Maven memory game tip: call the top segment 1, the right segment 2, and the left segment 3. Stand in the first segment that flashes, then memorise 123231 or whatever. Or hell, write it down. It's much easier to remember the number than it is "top, right, left, right, left, top".

Megalomaniac: I think it has to be better if you can get a REALLY good one with notables taken from different groups - like enduring composure, sadist, wish for death or something. The breath of flames wheel, acrimony wheel, maybe the tireless wheel - all are only kind of efficient, and great megalomaniacs should let you save the points from them. But yeh, hardly a big deal.

My quick attempt at the best notables:

Spoiler
enduring composure

sadist (45% damage)
corrosive elements (15% damage, exposure on hit)
prismatic heart (10% resists, 30% damage)
brush with death (5% damage, recover life/es on kill)
wish for death (cursed cull)
blacksmith (25% ar, 20% fire, fire leech)

Then there are like 50 other decent mods
Dernière édition par NoImagination, le 20 déc. 2021 04:34:08
"
NoImagination a écrit :
Maven memory game tip: call the top segment 1, the right segment 2, and the left segment 3. Stand in the first segment that flashes, then memorise 123231 or whatever. Or hell, write it down. It's much easier to remember the number than it is "top, right, left, right, left, top".

Megalomaniac: I think it has to be better if you can get a REALLY good one with notables taken from different groups - like enduring composure, sadist, wish for death or something. The breath of flames wheel, acrimony wheel, maybe the tireless wheel - all are only kind of efficient, and great megalomaniacs should let you save the points from them. But yeh, hardly a big deal.

My quick attempt at the best notables:

Spoiler
enduring composure

sadist (45% damage)
corrosive elements (15% damage, exposure on hit)
prismatic heart (10% resists, 30% damage)
brush with death (5% damage, recover life/es on kill)
wish for death (cursed cull)
blacksmith (25% ar, 20% fire, fire leech)

Then there are like 50 other decent mods

Yeah I specifically really want Enduring Composure as it otherwise is ONLY available on a small cluster jewel. From there you can choose from a plethora of great mods. Some of which you mentioned. Blacksmith is great. Militarism is also quite nice for life+armour. But yeah, really the maven thing just takes some practice.
My understanding is that desecrate will generate corpses based on the monsters in the map, which can include your spectres, which have higher HP than normal monsters. So, we go into a map, kill something, we raise it as a spectre, and for the next map, we have the good HP ones. Is this right? Or perhaps you get the better HP spectres immediately?

Do we know at what corpse level unearth is better than desecrate + spectre? Desecrate 20 caps out at map level, while unearth is 20 is corpse level 80. Naively, unearth 23 is good, but perhaps the HP of your bone archer is worse than the average HP of your spectre-augmented corpse pool?

I'd quite like to just level with arma brand or whatever, then at 56 switch straight into obliteration wand - if such a thing can be bought for 5c or whatever we're likely to be able to get at the start of a league - with unearth, skipping the desecrate/spectre step, but perhaps it's too slow going?

Edit: entirely unrelated, but the new boot enchant "take 10% reduced extra damage from crits" (replacing dodge) can get us to 100% reduced extra damage from crits, which is nice.
Dernière édition par NoImagination, le 20 déc. 2021 06:28:49
"
NoImagination a écrit :
My understanding is that desecrate will generate corpses based on the monsters in the map, which can include your spectres, which have higher HP than normal monsters. So, we go into a map, kill something, we raise it as a spectre, and for the next map, we have the good HP ones. Is this right? Or perhaps you get the better HP spectres immediately?

Do we know at what corpse level unearth is better than desecrate + spectre? Desecrate 20 caps out at map level, while unearth is 20 is corpse level 80. Naively, unearth 23 is good, but perhaps the HP of your bone archer is worse than the average HP of your spectre-augmented corpse pool?

I'd quite like to just level with arma brand or whatever, then at 56 switch straight into obliteration wand - if such a thing can be bought for 5c or whatever we're likely to be able to get at the start of a league - with unearth, skipping the desecrate/spectre step, but perhaps it's too slow going?

Edit: entirely unrelated, but the new boot enchant "take 10% reduced extra damage from crits" can get us to 100% reduced extra damage from crits, which is nice.

Desecrate corpses are based on map area level. The spectres just add their corpses to the Desecrate pool, but are still restricted to area level of the zone.

Unearth corpses are static. When I cast a level 30 Unearth with the +5 Corpse Level Enchant I will always have a level 95 corpse regardless of where I am (particularly good in Simulacrum's area level 75)

My best guess at the corpse life of my unearth is about 168k. Someone said that I might actually be double that but idk. I just know I do a lot more damage than when I used desecrate.

As for your idea for league starting, the chain explosions comes in 2-3 parts.

Obliteration for explosion
Fan the Flames notable on medium cluster so explosion ignites prolif
and/or Bereks' Respite for more ignite and shock chains.

As for skipping the desecrate setup. You can. As long as you aren't trying to boss you can always just rely on slain monster corpses and you'll have a fine time clearing maps.
Ok thanks!
And one more question :D Why you run with 40% phys convert mastery? ^_^
"
gizmo032 a écrit :
Ok thanks!

Good point, it always vaguely annoys me when I answer 20 questions and nobody says thanks. So, thanks!

Edit while I'm here:

"
gizmo032 a écrit :
Why you run with 40% phys convert mastery? ^_^

"
Gryphenprey a écrit :
The physical conversion is *only* for the phys explosions from a rare chest. I only do the 40% on the tree to make the explosions deal primarily fire damage for the +25% more ignite damage from the ascendancy (and also we scale fire damage generically).

The way I understood this is to say that we convert 40% of the phys to fire, then we scale the fire up via our tree/gear, so fire is the main damage type rather than phys for the explosions from the chest.
Dernière édition par NoImagination, le 20 déc. 2021 08:37:52
"
NoImagination a écrit :
"
gizmo032 a écrit :
Ok thanks!

Good point, it always vaguely annoys me when I answer 20 questions and nobody says thanks. So, thanks!

Edit while I'm here:

"
gizmo032 a écrit :
Why you run with 40% phys convert mastery? ^_^

"
Gryphenprey a écrit :
The physical conversion is *only* for the phys explosions from a rare chest. I only do the 40% on the tree to make the explosions deal primarily fire damage for the +25% more ignite damage from the ascendancy (and also we scale fire damage generically).

The way I understood this is to say that we convert 40% of the phys to fire, then we scale the fire up via our tree/gear, so fire is the main damage type rather than phys for the explosions from the chest.

Meanwhile, I'm the one that answered his questions. xD

But yes, regarding the phys to fire mastery it's for the Physical Explosion scaling. Shaper of Flames Ascendancy gives +25% more ignite damage when the hit igniting is primarily Fire damage. And since we scale fire damage generically it also makes the actual hit of the explosion more impactful.
"
Gryphenprey a écrit :

I.... What? Yes, that's why I said thanks.
Dernière édition par NoImagination, le 20 déc. 2021 14:06:06
"
NoImagination a écrit :
"
Gryphenprey a écrit :

I.... What? Yes, that's why I said thanks.

The confusion spreads.

EDIT: I was just waking up and was very confused by your wording is all. lol
Dernière édition par Gryphenprey, le 20 déc. 2021 14:09:23

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires