3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

@Grim: I was running the Frenzy-Culling-GMP setup per your recommendation but was wondering what is the benefit of GMP vs. bosses?

I actually dropped GMP for Blood Rage since I reserve level 19 Vitality to offset the degen and have gained ~1M DPS.

I noticed someone posted awhile back about attack speed vs. dot multi on the bow multi-mod. No one is running attack speed on the multi-mod and it's actually a DPS increase in POB. What am I missing?
Dernière édition par subiedude8, le 7 janv. 2022 19:12:17
"
subiedude8 a écrit :
@Grim: I was running the Frenzy-Culling-GMP setup per your recommendation but was wondering what is the benefit of GMP vs. bosses?

I actually dropped GMP for Blood Rage since I reserve level 19 Vitality to offset the degen and have gained ~1M DPS.

I noticed someone posted awhile back about attack speed vs. dot multi on the bow multi-mod. No one is running attack speed on the multi-mod and it's actually a DPS increase in POB. What am I missing?
No reason to run GMP, Chain, or Arrow Nova for bosses, it's there for map clear only. There might be something more useful to put in for bossing, for the most part I don't bother. The difference between 12million and 13million DPS just isn't that much IMO. :D

The attack speed vs dot multi is a thorny dilemma. Dot multi gives you instant damage, attack speed increases your dps ramping. Most folks want their DPS as fast as possible, so they go for multi. Most of the stuff we are killing doesn't live long enough for the attack speed to matter.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Hello everyone! First, I would like to thank you for such a cool build. Can you please tell me how I can further enhance my character?
Dernière édition par rnidec, le 8 janv. 2022 08:55:15

So I took a little different route using Farrul's fur for Cats Stealth, pretty much Frenzy up all time with some extra stuff. I tried Volls devotion ammy for perma endurance but dropped too much DPS from nice ammy. for mapping i switch quiver to mahoneys with Caustic, Awakened Arrow Nova and chain support, with Arakaali and Shakari pantheon. seems very effective. equipped above seems very tanky for bosses like Sirus 8. I'm not a good player so for me to not die with Sirus is a very good sign.

Having said that, despite best efforts, every now and then on mapping i get hit by something that does damage over time super quick that kills me despite me trying to hit potions or enduring cry. of course my maps do get pretty jucy so i'm at least 90% of prob. makes levelling to 98 sooo painfull.

https://pastebin.com/FFu7ehxx if you want to look closer.

would love to hear your thoughts/comments especially suggested upgrades!
Dernière édition par 11Kobar11, le 8 janv. 2022 11:14:52
"
rnidec a écrit :
Hello everyone! First, I would like to thank you for such a cool build. Can you please tell me how I can further enhance my character?
It doesn't look like you can support all your mana reservations. Which ones are you actually using?

You have 2 corrupted blood immunity flasks, and one of them is permanent.

Empower 4 is a large DPS boost.

Your Area of Effect Mod is 1.36 and needs to be 1.39. Normally we use standard toxic rain for 0.10, Bow Mastery for 0.20, and a craft on amulet or gloves for the remaining 0.09. In your case, you might be able to get away with keeping the Anomalous TR if you switched your amulet craft from -mana to 12% increased AOE, however, I'm not sure how that would affect your mana sustain... and I'm not sure it's worthwhile for DPS, either. I'll run the calcs on that next.

20/20 Anomalous TR is 8.6 million DPS if you can get to 1.39 AOE.
21/20 Standard TR is 9.05 million DPS and gives you the 1.39 AOE.

I'd switch out the Anomalous TR. Gem levels are really important for this build.

Bow base is Maraketh - looks like it's a Caustic Arrow bow. The 1.4 attacks per second isn't much slower than a TR bow with 1.5, but it is still slower.

You're using Viridi's helm, but no magic ring. That's giving up a lot of damage reduction and 100% curse immunity.
"
11Kobar11 a écrit :

So I took a little different route using Farrul's fur for Cats Stealth, pretty much Frenzy up all time with some extra stuff. I tried Volls devotion ammy for perma endurance but dropped too much DPS from nice ammy. for mapping i switch quiver to mahoneys with Caustic, Awakened Arrow Nova and chain support, with Arakaali and Shakari pantheon. seems very effective. equipped above seems very tanky for bosses like Sirus 8. I'm not a good player so for me to not die with Sirus is a very good sign.

Having said that, despite best efforts, every now and then on mapping i get hit by something that does damage over time super quick that kills me despite me trying to hit potions or enduring cry. of course my maps do get pretty jucy so i'm at least 90% of prob. makes levelling to 98 sooo painfull.

https://pastebin.com/FFu7ehxx if you want to look closer.

would love to hear your thoughts/comments especially suggested upgrades!
The only place you are weak in eHP is against physical DOT, which points to Bleed as your source of dying. Most of us are still using a flask with corrupted blood and bleed immunity, maybe try dropping the attack speed suffix on your Silver for bleed and see if that solves the problem.
The only place you are weak in eHP is against physical DOT, which points to Bleed as your source of dying. Most of us are still using a flask with corrupted blood and bleed immunity, maybe try dropping the attack speed suffix on your Silver for bleed and see if that solves the problem.

I have a watchers eye with immune to bleeding when affected by bleeding, shouldn’t this help?
"
11Kobar11 a écrit :

I have a watchers eye with immune to bleeding when affected by bleeding, shouldn’t this help?

Your watcher's would work for bleeding. If it's not bleeding or ignite, it's probably Corrupted Blood.

Hmmm my abyss jewel in belt has corrupted blood immunity….
"
11Kobar11 a écrit :

Yes, it should - I missed your Watcher's Eye when looking over your character. As long as you have Malevolence up, you should be immune. And you have corrupted blood immunity on a jewel. Your resists are high enough that both chaos and elemental DOT shouldn't be able to kill you fast enough to worry about.

Sorry, but I'm at a loss to explain. The only DOT I've gotten killed by are crazy Scourged modifiers - specifically, the one that hands out massive physical DOT when you could shift into Scourge, and even that I can usually out-regen as long as there are things to kill.

Like this one:
Dernière édition par grimjack68, le 9 janv. 2022 00:56:40

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires