[3.17] Lightning Strike Slayer Starter that clears the entire game

Is the hydrosphere nerf as brutal as I think it might be? Is the build still going to be ok?
"
Dessel4 a écrit :
Is the hydrosphere nerf as brutal as I think it might be? Is the build still going to be ok?

Yes, hydrosphere nerf is pretty much game over for this build as well as any other strike skill that used hydrosphere.

Build will do around 40% less damage to bosses now.

Lightning strike is the only strike skill unaffected by this since it allows you to shotgun even without hydrosphere so I will most likely be changing the build to that.
"
TeL_ a écrit :
"
Dessel4 a écrit :

Yes, hydrosphere nerf is pretty much game over for this build as well as any other strike skill that used hydrosphere.

Lightning strike is the only strike skill unaffected by this since it allows you to shotgun even without hydrosphere so I will most likely be changing the build to that.

I"m so bummed I was so excited to play this. Will you be updating the LS version here ? Or should I look somewhere else again?
"
Dessel4 a écrit :

I"m so bummed I was so excited to play this. Will you be updating the LS version here ? Or should I look somewhere else again?

I will just edit the title of the thread and keep it here. Will probably keep videos around since I expect the lightning strike version to have similar dps if not even higher so people will still see the potential damage output.

Will change the PoBs when real patch notes are released.
"
TeL_ a écrit :
"
Dessel4 a écrit :

I will just edit the title of the thread and keep it here. Will probably keep videos around since I expect the lightning strike version to have similar dps if not even higher so people will still see the potential damage output.

Will change the PoBs when real patch notes are released.

I appreciate that, will the gear be significantly different? Or will you be mostly using the same stuff?
"
Dessel4 a écrit :

I appreciate that, will the gear be significantly different? Or will you be mostly using the same stuff?

Core idea will be the same - league start dual ichimonjis, keep until Paradoxica. However since I am doing a more defensive version of the build, Paradoxica will probably be used with a shield.

This will make it easier for me to increase the overall defenses as I will be going a lot heavier on armor, block and +max res.

Will probably change to Replica abyssus as I think I will be going with Trinity support to keep the herald of ice shatters.
"
TeL_ a écrit :
"
Dessel4 a écrit :

First of all I Personaly want to thank you for this build.

I don't know much about making builds or anything but I can tell you I managed to kill more endgame with this build then any other build I've played and I don't even use hydrosphere for it. Does this really kill the build?

You don't have to reply or anything just want to throw my opinion out there for noobs like me. It's still a great build even without hydrosphere in my opinion.

I'm still gonna play it as my league starter next league. I love it way too much.
"
Fritler a écrit :

I don't know much about making builds or anything but I can tell you I managed to kill more endgame with this build then any other build I've played and I don't even use hydrosphere for it. Does this really kill the build?

You don't have to reply or anything just want to throw my opinion out there for noobs like me. It's still a great build even without hydrosphere in my opinion.

I'm still gonna play it as my league starter next league. I love it way too much.

When I said it's pretty much dead it's in comparison to similar skills.

Lightning strike always had some advantages like: Not requiring target to shoot projectiles, Higher damage, Vaal version

However I still chose Frost blades because of it's advantages like: faster projectiles, projectiles go over gaps, freezes stuff.

This patch however, the damage difference becomes just too big in favor of lightning strike.

So yes, while this build can still be used even without hydrosphere, and for mapping things will be pretty much the same as before, I feel like using frost blades instead of lightning strike is sort of giving yourself an artificial handicap if you want to do the hardest endgame content.
Ah fair enough.

Thank you for the information.

Guess i'll be trying out your LS build as my second character, can't wait.

Cheers
"
Fritler a écrit :
"
TeL_ a écrit :
"
Dessel4 a écrit :

I would also like to thank the creator of this build. This was the first league I've played in SSF - and it was amazing. I made a few major tweaks for defensive capabilities though, but the core idea behind ichimonji's was the same.

SSF gear/tree can be found here if anyone is interested: https://pastebin.com/uAGMCL2j

Please note, that my builds are geared more towards defense, rather than all out DPS - as I'm happy to go a bit slower, with much less risk of dying.

Differences/key decisions I made:
1) I don't like being stunned, so I took 'Unwavering stance', and hence changed my pantheon to soul of solaris - which provided me with a lot more EHP. The downside to this was that I could become frozen, so had to include this in my flask setup. The other downside is that it makes maps with chill a bit clunky - but overall I was happy with these trade offs

2) I found having that much extra block chance (aka 67%) not to be as useful. I got a lot more EHP by taking juggernaut passive, adding determination as a skill gem, - mana res for determination, and removing both swagger and brutal blade. Coupled with molten shell on move, this allowed me to map very smoothly, essentially without dying, but will cause your DPS to go down slightly. The other loss in DPS comes from using determination instead of skitterbots, but once again in SSF - this wasn't really a problem because I had real troubles crafting a decent weapon this league (rip RNG). edit: 44% block chance with setup seeemed the sweet spot. overall the extra phys dmg reduction I gained alongside the minus block chance meant I had much more EHP

3) I like having corrupted blood in my setup, however, the corrupted jewels to give you this (in the creator's build) in SSF are much harder to craft. This is why I went for prismatic skin and took immunity to corrupted blood

4) I took rampart over steadfast - because due to removing swagger and brutal blade, I needed to make up for the DPS a little bit. It also covered my fortiy mastery, without offering much of a difference in EHP between what I would have gotten with steadfast

5) I took a secondary point in life leech for the 'total recovery per second' - because without this, I felt that my leech RECOVERY (important) wasn't fast enough. This made mapping and bossing way smoother.

Unfortunately I started the league late, I was just getting up to bosses. Content I was able to do deathless:
T16 red juiced maps
Maven invitations (white)
Conquerer Bosses

Attempted (but am a scrub so was still learning their mechanics/first time playing them):
Shaper - seemed fine once I learned mechanics, just not enough time
Sirus - same as shaper
Elder - same as shaper

edit: info/typos
Dernière édition par NoPhaseNoKill, le 28 janv. 2022 18:21:06

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires