[3.17] Lightning Strike Slayer Starter that clears the entire game

"
subiedude8 a écrit :

I grabbed two of those Fight for Survival corruptions because I wanted to keep Bone Chill in. Maybe it isn't worth the hassle. Fortunately, I have a good accuracy roll on my gloves and a level 1 Precision just barely got me enough mana and hit cap.

Contemplating my next set of upgrades. The awakened gems are way too expensive. I can afford Bottled Faith but not sure if it is more important than the cluster jewels.

Also, how are you calculating your DPS figures. After switching weapons, I feel like I have no idea what I am doing anymore because POB is not accurate.

You calculate dps by taking your damage with hydrosphere and adding 100% of your damage without culling to it, because the 2 reflections each deal 50% of your damage and don't have culling strike.

Bottled faith is a pretty large upgrade in damage but not as big as the cluster jewels. Though it all depends on what you respec when you get your clusters - I respecced block since I felt I didn't need it anymore so I exchanged block for damage, but if you have taken only damage nodes on the tree they might not be as efficient for you, you gotta check your PoB

Also when getting bottled faith make sure you fix your tree so that you don't waste any nodes taking critical strike that you don't need as bottled faith gives a bunch of critical strike chance.

"
Is the build possible with 12 exalts? i love FB but single target and survival is sad.

Yes, the upgraded version costs only like 5exalts with the current price of Pandemonious.
Is POB able to properly calculate hydrosphere DPS though with tribal fury?

I can post my POB when I get home. Feel free to plug in my account and import if you want to check it out. I am basically all damage, fortify cluster, eagle eye cluster but I also took the Primeval cluster as well so I am too questioning how efficient cluster jewels would even be. Realistically also not going to find 5 passive cluster jewels either which would be most ideal tbh.
Dernière édition par subiedude8, le 6 déc. 2021 10:12:39
"
subiedude8 a écrit :
Is POB able to properly calculate hydrosphere DPS though with tribal fury?

I can post my POB when I get home. Feel free to plug in my account and import if you want to check it out. I am basically all damage, fortify cluster, eagle eye cluster but I also took the Primeval cluster as well so I am too questioning how efficient cluster jewels would even be. Realistically also not going to find 5 passive cluster jewels either which would be most ideal tbh.

No, pob doesn't do hydrosphere calculations for you. You have to do it yourself by adding the ranged blades damage to your melee hit damage.
How are you coming up with 30M in your POB?
12.3M melee
8.6M projectiles
______
20.9M dps

20.9M x 1.8 (reflections adjusted for cull dps) = 37.6M DPS
------------------------------------------------
Here is my paste bin as promised: https://pastebin.com/5Hrwry5L

I removed fortification for the cluster jewel. Tbh my entire experience with this patch has been insta phase bosses or die, so I don't care about effective life anymore. Maybe my opinion will change after trying this.

What would be the best way to min/max my tree for the introduction of Bottled Faith? Only thing it seems I can do is drop the Twin Terrors cluster and pick up the Fortification cluster again. This would also break my accuracy again, so I would have to either drop Bone Chill or buy the Enlighten support.

I also cannot see a way of efficiently working a second cluster jewel into my setup for any meaningful gain.
Dernière édition par subiedude8, le 6 déc. 2021 22:15:57
"
subiedude8 a écrit :
How are you coming up with 30M in your POB?
12.3M melee
8.6M projectiles
______
20.9M dps

20.9M x 1.8 (reflections adjusted for cull dps) = 37.6M DPS
------------------------------------------------
Here is my paste bin as promised: https://pastebin.com/5Hrwry5L

I removed fortification for the cluster jewel. Tbh my entire experience with this patch has been insta phase bosses or die, so I don't care about effective life anymore. Maybe my opinion will change after trying this.

What would be the best way to min/max my tree for the introduction of Bottled Faith? Only thing it seems I can do is drop the Twin Terrors cluster and pick up the Fortification cluster again. This would also break my accuracy again, so I would have to either drop Bone Chill or buy the Enlighten support.

I also cannot see a way of efficiently working a second cluster jewel into my setup for any meaningful gain.

Reflections deal 50% of your damage each and they can't shotgun with hydrosphere because the devs removed that because people were abusing Flicker strike with it. They since they only hit 1 thing you don't add the projectile damage to them.

As for bottled faith, I removed Heartseeker crit cluster and Twin terrors crit cluster and it didn't break my hit chance.

When you add cluster jewels in you will get at least 1 Martial prowess, which will give you back the accuracy you lost from the twin terrors nodes anyway.

And you definitely need 2 cluster jewels because there are 3 nodes that you dfeinitely need from them which are written in the guide under cluster jewel pob section. You probably won't get a single cluster jewel with those 3 nodes so getting a 2nd one is neccessary.
Thanks for helping me understand the DPS calculation.

I think this is as good as I am getting this build. I am open to any obvious optimizations that do not cost more than an arm and a leg. Will get around to enchanting the boots for cold pen.

~24-25M Sirus DPS
https://pastebin.com/J9MjQfqk

Thanks OP
Dernière édition par subiedude8, le 12 déc. 2021 13:18:13
Build seems very cool, want to try it in the upcoming events, does anyone struggling with defenses?
actually really enjoy the Gameplay and the Damage is pretty solid already for my "upgraded" Status of my Character but if im getting hit, phys or magic, im nearly always onehit.

any suggestions on what to fix or Change first?
https://pastebin.com/7wyVPZ2g

Thanks in Advance lads
"
Nydez a écrit :
actually really enjoy the Gameplay and the Damage is pretty solid already for my "upgraded" Status of my Character but if im getting hit, phys or magic, im nearly always onehit.

Thanks in Advance lads

Even with max fortify, max block and slayer leech, the survivability of this build is simply not great. I am not sure if this is just the state of the game as I just returned after taking a hiatus for several leagues. From what I am hearing, melee builds are not in a great spot.

All of that being said, this build can clear Sirus on less than 1 exalt if you know the fight well and execute perfectly, and if you upgrade your gear similar to my POB and what OP posted, you can melt bosses in seconds.

Unless you are really good at playing this build, the general consensus around here seems to be that you are going to die a lot. Here are some tips I can give you that helped me:

1. Regret orb the max block. IMO it is overrated. Better off going full glass cannon and just aiming for 5k life and max fortify stacks.
2. Never stop moving and try not to dive into huge packs. This build is NOT tanky in the least.
3. Grab a replica abyssus. It helps a lot as you can lean on your ele res as damage mitigation rather than getting one shot by phys dmg all the time.
4. Improve the flat life as much as possible on your gear. You are still under 5k life which is subpar.
5. When you hit very high dps numbers, vaal pact can help you trade better into bosses, however it comes at a cost of no life regen, so you have to make this playstyle decision.
Dernière édition par subiedude8, le 13 déc. 2021 12:15:58
"
Nydez a écrit :

Thanks in Advance lads

In addition to what was already said - You really can't rely on wise oak to cap your resistances. I am willing to bet that a lot of your oneshots come from when you don't have flasks active and have 40% elemental resistances.

You should also level up more - 90 is quite low, you can get an extra 500 life just by getting 4 more levels.

Once you fix your resistances, getting Replica abyssus might be better - It has pretty much the same damage but this build can probably handle elemental damage better than physical damage. But then you also have to be mindful of ele damage mods and monsters that shoot elemental projectiles.

I tried block for the first time this league, and I very much liked it, I leveled to level 96 by just mapping and didn't do any special xp farm so I wasn't dying almost ever during mapping, very rarely during league mechanics with bad mods.

You also should make sure you don't stand still at all, melee builds have an inherent disadvantage that you need to be in range to deal damage, but if you use your movement skill nicely you shouldn't really be getting hit at all, you should be popping packs with a single attack and what doesn't die is frozen so the best defense is to just position yourself correctly and attack before you get attacked.

"
Immortal9113 a écrit :
Build seems very cool, want to try it in the upcoming events, does anyone struggling with defenses?

Definitely not a HC build. I am currently working on a more defensive version but I am still considering different things and will probably post it on next league launch.
Dernière édition par TeL_, le 13 déc. 2021 15:34:41

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires