[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

"
Gregouar a écrit :
Hi guys,

I just wanted to say that I'm playing a similar build in 3.13 and it's really a decent build. I was able to do pretty much all content without too much difficulty (only uber elder left to try but I need to drop the frag of knowledge).

In comparison to this guide, I just don't have a watcher eye because I think it's too costly and I dropped Fenumus. Instead I use flesh and stone + maim and dot damage increased enchant on the belt (giving a sweet 30% + 8% increased damage taken for enemies near to you). I also prefered to have life on the shield instead of more armor. Here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/fFPnPSTr

Atziri (and uber) is not too hard, you just need to remove the chain jewel and be careful attacking the Ziri at the opposite of the one holding the mirror (the shards touching her are insta death, I got killed once like that). You can see such a fight here: https://youtu.be/SZd6cNSVPSg?t=181

Sirus Lvl 8, Shaper and Elder are all pieces of cake (meaning you can easily do them deathless). Even The Feared fight is easy (at least without nasty mods): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n-GeC77MXE

Cheers !

Update: I fought the Uber Elder for the first time today. It was super easy, deathless fight.

Great video! One thing I'd suggest is to switch out Flesh and Stone for Herald of Purity. Even though its less damage, watching that video, most of the bosses weren't in range of the FoS for most of the fight. You spend a lot of the time sitting far away from them, and even being a bit closer won't help. Flesh and Stone doesn't have a large radius for the blood stance effect. You can see the aoe - its the tiny red pulsing ring around you, and its basically melee range.

Its much smaller than Blasphemy, and even Blasphemy I find a bit too small in cases - for example, there are plenty of times you're just hitting offscreen targets in that video, which aren't affected by Blasphemy.

Its something I disagree with from the OP's guide - the nature of SST play tends to keep you further away from enemies, so both blasphemy vuln and flesh+stone are much harder to keep up. In ritual league, however, its much easier to get access to a vuln-on-hit ring. The base is only like 50-70c in ritual SC, and then you can just throw harvest crafts on it until it hits something usable.
Dernière édition par Jenos, le 16 févr. 2021 18:15:45
im still upgrading this build, im about 1.4m bleeding dps and want some more investment (i love your build) still need last ascendancy xDD, and the boots have it my friend (pure resistance 50% fire/cold/lightning, 100 +life, 30%mov speed), but i want a good dps burst rare, can help me what i need to looking for??

i bought a very good shield yesterday :B 3100++ armor

Thinking to buy this kind of gloves

Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Chance To Bleed
38% increased Damage over Time
+24% to Physical Damage over Time Multiplier
Adds 5 to 10 Physical Damage to Attacks
+78 to maximum Life
34% increased Damage with Bleeding
Dernière édition par vegamegagf, le 17 févr. 2021 09:09:46
"
Great video! One thing I'd suggest is to switch out Flesh and Stone for Herald of Purity. Even though its less damage, watching that video, most of the bosses weren't in range of the FoS for most of the fight. You spend a lot of the time sitting far away from them, and even being a bit closer won't help. Flesh and Stone doesn't have a large radius for the blood stance effect. You can see the aoe - its the tiny red pulsing ring around you, and its basically melee range.

Its much smaller than Blasphemy, and even Blasphemy I find a bit too small in cases - for example, there are plenty of times you're just hitting offscreen targets in that video, which aren't affected by Blasphemy.

Its something I disagree with from the OP's guide - the nature of SST play tends to keep you further away from enemies, so both blasphemy vuln and flesh+stone are much harder to keep up. In ritual league, however, its much easier to get access to a vuln-on-hit ring. The base is only like 50-70c in ritual SC, and then you can just throw harvest crafts on it until it hits something usable.

I only shoot bosses from far away when it seems to risky, like in the Feared fight where things are a bit too messy. Otherwise I'm usually in melee range. For example, in the Sirus, Shaper or Maven fight I'm usually just next to them. Purity is only 12% more, the maim is 38%, which is quite a big difference IMO.
"
Gregouar a écrit :
I only shoot bosses from far away when it seems to risky, like in the Feared fight where things are a bit too messy. Otherwise I'm usually in melee range. For example, in the Sirus, Shaper or Maven fight I'm usually just next to them. Purity is only 12% more, the maim is 38%, which is quite a big difference IMO.

Its not as big as you think. If I use your PoB, its an 8% damage difference overall between the two. The result is that you unless you spend greater than 90% of your time in range (which requires a very tight melee style), purity will result in more damage over the fight. To play that way, it means that if the boss ever moves from you, you have to aggressively charge back into melee to keep it up. Alternatively, you could even slap in Maim on Herald of Purity and let the minions apply Maim, in which case its probably closer to a 3-5% damage increase (since HoP minions won't have 100% uptime, probably closer to 50%).
Dernière édition par Jenos, le 17 févr. 2021 10:23:13
Just a quick question.

Are the awakened variants of the support gems mandatory at all because those things are...pretty pricey and it adds up?

I'm assuming you listed awakened stuff as "end game" stuff to eventually work up to but I'm still asking if they are mandatory.
GGG gives me Diablo 2 Teleport? I give them 50 bucks. No questions asked.
"
Its not as big as you think. If I use your PoB, its an 8% damage difference overall between the two. The result is that you unless you spend greater than 90% of your time in range (which requires a very tight melee style), purity will result in more damage over the fight. To play that way, it means that if the boss ever moves from you, you have to aggressively charge back into melee to keep it up. Alternatively, you could even slap in Maim on Herald of Purity and let the minions apply Maim, in which case its probably closer to a 3-5% damage increase (since HoP minions won't have 100% uptime, probably closer to 50%).

I think you are right, but I'm still not sure why the increased damage taken do not account for more dps. Maybe because it's additive with the other increased damage taken.

"
Just a quick question.

Are the awakened variants of the support gems mandatory at all because those things are...pretty pricey and it adds up?

I'm assuming you listed awakened stuff as "end game" stuff to eventually work up to but I'm still asking if they are mandatory.

It's just a nice boost, but not mandatory. I think I did uber ziri without them. You can get some like unbound ailment for cheap though. Only the brutality is really costly.
Does the weapon in hand have an effect whatsoever on the actual attack we use for this build?

Like if the weapon has more attack speed do you throw the shield out faster? Stuff like that.

Just wanna know what I should keep an eye out for while leveling early on to have weapon wise or does it really not matter and I can just use any junk rare til mid/late game?
"
darticus a écrit :
Just a quick question.

Not mandatory. Just a nice boost. But if you want them for your endgame setup, except Brutality all the gems are really affordable. Starting from ~ 20C to 60C

"
darticus a écrit :
Does the weapon in hand have an effect whatsoever on the actual attack we use for this build?

Like if the weapon has more attack speed do you throw the shield out faster? Stuff like that.

Just wanna know what I should keep an eye out for while leveling early on to have weapon wise or does it really not matter and I can just use any junk rare til mid/late game?

Most of the local modifiers like attack speed, accuracy, physical damage only affect your main hand. That's why i use Fortress as a stat stick.

You could also use Prismatic Eclipse as it gives global attack speed, i used it for a while on my impale version with some nice corrupts.

For leveling it doesn't matter.
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Dernière édition par paLe1337, le 18 févr. 2021 14:07:15
"
paLe1337 a écrit :
"
darticus a écrit :
Just a quick question.

Not mandatory. Just a nice boost. But if you want them for your endgame setup, except Brutality all the gems are really affordable. Starting from ~ 20C to 60C

"
darticus a écrit :

Most of the local modifiers like attack speed, accuracy, physical damage only affect your main hand. That's why i use Fortress as a stat stick.

You could also use Prismatic Eclipse as it gives global attack speed, i used it for a while on my impale version with some nice corrupts.

For leveling it doesn't matter.

Goddamn thats a nice prismatic. I'm having fun so far with the build I just killed dominus, and a fucking exalt dropped from one of his sub bosses. Had one in cruel difficulty drop in the fight right before shavronne a week or so ago, and now I've found an exalt in normal difficulty.
Dernière édition par darticus, le 18 févr. 2021 18:59:29
Does Crimson Dance not kill your dps because of the multiple bleeding stacks?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires