[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

"
vvizard a écrit :
This build has been pretty great so far. Very tanky and easy to play. I have just gotten into t13s and 14s now and kind of ran into some trouble with incursions. I feel like my damage and clear is not enough to clear the incursion fully. I still haven't gotten my circles of guilt or the cluster jewels, so I know I will get some damage there. Is there anything else I am missing that can help with the damage?

Thanks again for the build!
Here ya go, I recorded some incursions on T16 Excavation for you, the timestamps for the incursions are in the video description.

https://youtu.be/HFs6ciS7y1M

What about elementalist version of this build?

We are prety near Witch start anyway.

Elementalist would offer:
-25 Fire Res (Mastermind of Discord) would replace Holy Relic with Wave of Conviction, which would be another -15 fire Res
+ 15 more damage from shock (Shaper of storms)
+ 180 life regen Stone golem + %phys dam reduction (Chaos Golem) and some attack speed from lightning golem AND golems are auto summoned (Liege of Primordial)
+ about 2.5k Elemental shield (Bastion of elements)

Would probably take shieldcharge with fortify, or add fortify to cyclone 6link (lose damage there though).

Imho those outweiht the champ bonuses.
- cant be stunned (3 points on the tree to get unwavering stance)
- you have fortify (either cyclone, or shield charge)
- 10% reduced damage taken (primal aegis and chaos golem should be better)
- enemys cant evade (resolute technique 1 point)
- enemys take 20% increased damage (15% from guaranteed shock + 40% less fire res from better exposure)

What you think?
Not much changed. used your whole items, skills and tree. just changed stuff so i get fority and use 3 golems. added unwavering stance and resolute technique.

https://pastebin.com/ZgPp4Yyh

Maybe its even possible to not go the zombie route at all. So we have free glove choice and could add otherlinks to cyclone like life gain on hit and maybe curse on hit too, so we can use flammability instead of ele weakness and dont need the expensive ring.

Instead of zombies we could use the golems which are auto summoned every 4sec. The kills spawn HoP sentinels anyway.

Not sure how that would feel though.
Dernière édition par Mathorg, le 26 janv. 2021 05:28:20
For bandits, should I go for 2 passives then or help Alira?
"
Roulce a écrit :
For bandits, should I go for 2 passives then or help Alira?
Kill all! we need all the passives we can get our hands on.
"
Mathorg a écrit :
What about elementalist version of this build?

Interesting ideas! I'm not as experienced with the elementalist tree as I am with dualist, so I have a couple of question/thoughts:

1. To get the -25 Fire Res from Mastermind of Discord, we would have to apply the effect ourselves so we can't use holy relic, as you implied. Would you link wave of conviction w/ cwdt? I tried that initially but it was not consistent, especially on boss fights. Manual cast felt clunky because it interrupted our channel; is there any other option for a self-applied exposure?

2. Shaper of Storms rework is really nice. Looks like a guaranteed 15% shock.

3. Golems instead of zombies for detonations: Liege of the Primordial and Elemancer would both be wanted to boost golem count, but Elemancer also makes golems immune to elemental damage, which I think will make us not be able to explode them with Infernal Legion. Might still be viable though depending on max golem count and golem life vs zombie spawn rate with CwC. What you will loose out on is the consistent life gain from zombie detonations every .35sec. Mapping might be rough too if you don't have a rare to hit, because your only damage source will be one massive explosion every 4 sec. Maybe keep zombies and try to work golems in on a 4 or 5 link?

The 3.13 changes make Elementalist much more attractive. If there is some non-obnoxous way to apply and maintain fire exposure, it should pull ahead on raw damage vs Dualist. That being said, you still are devoting 4-5 skill points to picking up stun and evade immunity, which to a build as passive hungry as this will hurt. Additionally, loosing passive fortify is a pretty big QoL loss, though still viable with fortify+shield charge (if we can find the sockets for it). I'll play around with the PoB and post an update when I can!
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 26 janv. 2021 20:01:24
Fire Exposure:
I put it in your cast on skill use weapon. So it is automated. Only every 4 sec though.
There is a cluster node, which makes nearby enemys have fire exposure (Master of Fire), or in ritual there is a new helmet base, that would probably be perfect:
Archdemon Crown (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Archdemon_Crown - -10% to all Elemental Resistances
Socketed Skills apply Fire, Cold and Lightning Exposure on Hit). Not 100% sure if the MI explosion counts as socketed skill though. But Minion hits should apply it.

Those are only 10% like elemental army though. While WoC is 25%.

2. yes

3. i did not take the second golem node, which is the one that makes them immune to elemental damage. So Infernal Legion would still work and kill em.
Not sure if using golem instead of zombies is a thing. Doing both is probably too much for links.

Overall im not really sold on elementalist. I just have the problem, that in league i have en elementalist which im not happy with yet and was searching for cool builds to turn her into. And this sparked my interest. I gues it would work, but im not sure its better than champ because its probably feels more klunky than champ.

I think the advantages elementalist offers, might not outweight the more clunky playstyle with shield charging for fortify.

Maybe someone is intrested in the idea though and gives it a try and can report back. Back with a few more changes to make it feel better, which i didnt yet?
Fortress Covenant possible to work in? The "Minions take 20% increased Damage" works with infernal legion so 20% faster damage application and life recovery?
"
Keynomaru2 a écrit :
Fortress Covenant possible to work in? The "Minions take 20% increased Damage" works with infernal legion so 20% faster damage application and life recovery?
It absolutely does work! I actually had it in for a while in all my builds, but took it out when we got anomalous infernal legion as it didn't really seem to be necessary. Definitely use it if you want to though or feel like your are minion capping.
hi I was wondering if ascendant would work with this build, I'm thinking about more defenses so I went with inquisitor and then either juggernaut for more defense or necromancer for more damage and possibility to use offerings. that leaves 2 more ascendancy points and about 4 free passive points as seen in this example POB I just connected to the nearest mana points then changed to ascendant from your expensive version POB https://pastebin.com/CeHWTayN

since you are not usually spending more than 5 seconds away from enemies you could get fortify in there somewhere, and fortify only reduces hit damage but not overtime. the jugg prevents stun and chill and gives endurance charges. the inquisitor has 10% chance to give consecrated ground on hit which gives you elemental ailment immunity (and unknown regeneration amount) which is a nice defensive layer.

remaining overtime defences can be increased with soul of arkaali and soul of shakari. if the overtime is not the worry due to high regenartion then change pantheons to hit protection and get fortify gem + worm flask.

exchange jugg for necro for damage and offerings, i wonder if it can increase the area of effect of minion explosions because the problem with melee is heist troops shot gun you when you open the door, you have to range attack them somehow.

the only problem is I dont know if that consecrated ground interferes with infernal legion or not. and how much health regeneration does it give to the minions.

i am currently playing ill3at cold skeletons , it is offense as a way of defense but that doesnt work for the eventuality that you do get hit or overtime damage the regen/leech is too low and death is frequent but with vaal skeletons it helps with legion and blight and tough situations, so that is its main advantage, so probably have to swap vaal skeletons somewhere in your build for those situations perhaps to replace the zombies temporarily.
Dernière édition par VioLenceJak, le 31 janv. 2021 23:03:25
"
VioLenceJak a écrit :
hi I was wondering if ascendant would work with this build, I'm thinking about more defenses so I went with inquisitor and then either juggernaut for more defense or necromancer for more damage and possibility to use offerings. that leaves 2 more ascendancy points and about 4 free passive points as seen in this example POB I just connected to the nearest mana points then changed to ascendant from your expensive version POB https://pastebin.com/CeHWTayN

since you are not usually spending more than 5 seconds away from enemies you could get fortify in there somewhere, and fortify only reduces hit damage but not overtime. the jugg prevents stun and chill and gives endurance charges. the inquisitor has 10% chance to give consecrated ground on hit which gives you elemental ailment immunity (and unknown regeneration amount) which is a nice defensive layer.

remaining overtime defences can be increased with soul of arkaali and soul of shakari. if the overtime is not the worry due to high regenartion then change pantheons to hit protection and get fortify gem + worm flask.

exchange jugg for necro for damage and offerings, i wonder if it can increase the area of effect of minion explosions because the problem with melee is heist troops shot gun you when you open the door, you have to range attack them somehow.

the only problem is I dont know if that consecrated ground interferes with infernal legion or not. and how much health regeneration does it give to the minions.

Interesting thoughts! I'm not clear what you would use fortify gem with; having to maintain it will be a pretty big pain in the ass, along with lowering damage as you interrupt your cyclone channel (assuming you put it on a movement skill). Also, iit looks with the changes, Elementalist might out-damage necro, so a dualist/elementalist ascendancy could be a thing.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires