[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

1st off great build, enjoying it a lot. Just hit 95 today. Im pretty much set with my gear, any suggestions on what luxury items that can make significant improvements? Double determination watchers eye pretty rare this league, cant find it in the market. Thanks
"
geh888 a écrit :
1st off great build, enjoying it a lot. Just hit 95 today. Im pretty much set with my gear, any suggestions on what luxury items that can make significant improvements? Double determination watchers eye pretty rare this league, cant find it in the market. Thanks
Glad you are enjoying it! This is something I would welcome feedback on as well, but I wrote down what came to mind; hopefully it will trigger some more ideas.

+2 to Duration corrupt on The Coming Calamity. This means you have to swap HoP to chest, and you will need a different helmet too; preferably a +3 to minion lvl/minion damage bone helmet with agony crawler laby enchant (good luck finding that though). Alternate laby enchant: cyclone speed.

Instead of the method above, keep your HoP in helmet and essence craft minion life, minion damage, and elemental damage on to a bone helmet base, same enchantments.

As Idegen88 mentioned, curse on hit flammability corrupt on rings is great as it’s more consistent then on CwDT. Ideally you would have that+ life corruption implicit. Other implicits:
• Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you (put it on your Fortress Covenant)
• Cannot be Poisoned (ring)
• Bleeding cannot be inflicted on you (ring), I think this one is super rare

You can essence craft your belt/gloves with Essence of Fear to get extra minion life

As you mentioned, double determination watchers gives a good amount of extra physical mitigation. I’ve also noticed it’s really hard to find them though; moreso then in previous leagues.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 9 oct. 2020 00:50:45
Got the build to 93 and it's one of my favorite boss slayers now. Made a (compressed to hell) video of a deathless Sirus 7 kill, if you need any for the guide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6rNvhoUCw

I made some changes to make it better at boss-killing without destroying mapping too much (like getting rid of HoA).

Fortify on champion is out in favor of adrenaline, which saved me from at least 2 deaths in the above fight. Instead Fortify Support replaces Inc AoE on Cyclone. Doesn't have much of a negative effect on mapping, since HoA still clears everything.

Concentrated effect on helmet. This is just 50% more damage on Instability. It might clear a bit less, but I find the situations where I have something to proc HoP on and also a large pack to clear rather rare.

I'm also not gonna be using Aul's. Aul doesn't have much to give over Essence Worm, imho, while requiring you to swap an amulet out for a ring. That's a big downgrade, especially if you can get a +1 all phys/+1 all str gems on your ammy.

One thing I'm trying to work out is how to better proc Flammability and Wave of Conviction, since I'd rather not rely on CWDT for boss fights. "Trigger socketed spells when you use a skill" on weapons looks really good, and has a long cooldown so WoC won't overwrite EE too often, but it's a suffix mod, meaning it'd cost a resistance affix.

Noteworthy alt qualities I have:
-Anomalous Pierce: 6 pierced targets on HoA, feels great
-Divergent Combustion: free 20% inc fire to Instability
-Anomalous Inf Legion: sentinels die faster, pretty obvious
-Anomalous Poison: gets Cyclone to 100% poison without needing an alt HoA gem, so you can focus on getting a lvl 21 there
-Anomalous Dash: literally just longer Dash, why not

And some I'd like to get eventually, in decreasing importance:
-Divergent Life on Hit: basically -2 to Cyclone cost. Gonna need it cause no rare ring. Might be worth it anyway.
-Divergent Wave of Conviction: gets duration to 5s, 100% uptime with trigger weapon
-Anomalous Second Wind: 3rd dash for a negligible penalty
-Anomalous Fortify: now mildly more fortified
-Divergent Determination: a little more armor that's probably not worth the cash

Here's my PoB and gear, would love any other suggestions. I have a 2.02 aps imperial claw ready, but it would ruin my resists, so it has to wait. https://pastebin.com/gUe3w3MQ

Lots of good stuff here! Glad to see people taking the build and experimenting. I have a couple points I wanted to comment on:

"
Cypher121 a écrit :
Fortify on champion is out in favor of adrenaline, which saved me from at least 2 deaths in the above fight. Instead Fortify Support replaces Inc AoE on Cyclone. Doesn't have much of a negative effect on mapping, since HoA still clears everything.
Makes sense! I've been going a different route in keeping fortify ascendancy, and replacing inc. aoe with divergent culling. This both improves mapping speed, and lets me not have to swap culling for gmp every boss fight in HoA (I'm lazy).

"
Concentrated effect on helmet. This is just 50% more damage on Instability. It might clear a bit less, but I find the situations where I have something to proc HoP on and also a large pack to clear rather rare.
I much prefer the essence craft suffix "socketed gems deal 30% more elemental damage". While not quite as much damage as concentrated effect, clearspeed is better (larger aoe), and you still have a prefix open for a life roll which is sorely needed. More on that below.

"
I'm also not gonna be using Aul's. Aul doesn't have much to give over Essence Worm, imho, while requiring you to swap an amulet out for a ring. That's a big downgrade, especially if you can get a +1 all phys/+1 all str gems on your ammy.
Agreed a +1 ammy is more damage. Aul's, on the other hand, has an extra +armor roll as well as a life roll. Add in a vermillion ring, and you have ~130 life+7% increased life, vs using essence worm you can only get around ~80 life on ammy. I like my health to be around 6k, and this is a big part of getting there. If you don't need that much health, essence worm is fine, esp with a +1 ammy as you mentioned.

"
One thing I'm trying to work out is how to better proc Flammability and Wave of Conviction, since I'd rather not rely on CWDT for boss fights. "Trigger socketed spells when you use a skill" on weapons looks really good, and has a long cooldown so WoC won't overwrite EE too often, but it's a suffix mod, meaning it'd cost a resistance affix.
I agree the trigger a socketed spell craft would probably be a better method, but you loose out on your minion life/damage craft then. This forces you in to an essence of fear craft for your claw, while still needing to hit attack speed, added lightning damage (if you don't have it somewhere else), dex, resistances, and an empty suffix. That's a tall order.

"
Here's my PoB and gear, would love any other suggestions. I have a 2.02 aps imperial claw ready, but it would ruin my resists, so it has to wait. https://pastebin.com/gUe3w3MQ

My main suggestions are that you are missing a large chunk of damage not stacking all your jewels with %inc max minion life and %increased damage if used a minion skill. Doing this and slighly tweaking your tree, I get almost 30% more damage out of your HoP's.

Besides that, it looks like you are leaning on your watcher's eye for most of your armor. If you could get that armor on your gear, you could get one with %additional physical damage reduction. This could be up to 7% additional reduction which is pretty huge.
Hey there,

So finally I managed to get both Elemental weakness and Flammability on hit rings, well got a bit lucky with the Circle of guilt and while I lost that 4% phys dmg reduction (what my armour covers for now anyways) I also got a -3 mana cost of skills to cover my cyclone's consumption.

Changed Lucidity anoint to Whispers of doom and crushing through mobs and bosses with ease now on red maps.

I peeked at your char and took that divergent culling strike as well as some gem suggestions from the post a bit above. Thanks for the hints. :)

Also managed to get above 6k life and managed to find a Blind on hit Imperial claw as apart from no regen maps, I don't need the mana on hit. From now on the only upgrade I intend to get is the double determination watchers eye (at some point) as covering the resists and upgrading the jewels would cost too much (as I cover a good chunk of res with life% minion life% and res jewels, as I prefer to have them above 100 each), so unless I get very lucky with some drops, I won't bother as damage feels fine actually.

I am not a big poe builder so I don't have the exact numbers, but what I see is even bosses are going down in some seconds, so that's fine with me.

Zombies are still doing fine and survivability is pretty decent as well.

This is a cool build after all.

Well, until now I got 1 death since I re-talented to this (around 72), and that was on a Vulnerability core map, when I thought I cannot die and tried to face tank the slam. ^^

Have not managed to reach shaper, elder or Sirus yet, but killed Catherina on lvl 83 area with no near death experience so I can say for bossing as well, this is quite nice so far.

Will report as I get those stranglers down as well.
Dernière édition par Idegen88, le 12 oct. 2020 09:40:20
"
Idegen88 a écrit :
I peeked at your char and took that divergent culling strike as well as some gem suggestions from the post a bit above. Thanks for the hints. :)
Yeah, the holy relic is a recent addition for the zombie variant. Overall it feels quite solid, but somewhat surprisingly I think I like it as max lvl paired with max lvl cwdt. Sure, the cwdt proc happens less often, but the relic also dies a lot less to, and if it does die it's usually to aoe that will also be proccing cwdt so it works out well. I'm pretty sure div culling is healing the relic too, which is a nice synergy.
ei! we just a chat bout the build, here's my pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/aFqf07rq

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks
"
Peterrabbit_01 a écrit :
"
Idegen88 a écrit :
Yeah, the holy relic is a recent addition for the zombie variant. Overall it feels quite solid, but somewhat surprisingly I think I like it as max lvl paired with max lvl cwdt. Sure, the cwdt proc happens less often, but the relic also dies a lot less to, and if it does die it's usually to aoe that will also be proccing cwdt so it works out well. I'm pretty sure div culling is healing the relic too, which is a nice synergy.

Would be then interesting to try Anomalous holy relic, which gets 60%increased life at 20% quality. Then you can still keep cwdt on lower level for faster resummon.
Even with level 1 cwdt he would have 9k life with the minion life we are already stacking, but quite honestly mine with that 6k life already seems to stand his ground and rarely vanishes. On the other hand, you are right, that more life regen from max level relic would defenitely help compensating for the roughly 2 aps loss on cyclone life per hit compared to Hoa setup.
Dernière édition par Idegen88, le 12 oct. 2020 13:16:32
"
geh888 a écrit :
ei! we just a chat bout the build, here's my pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/aFqf07rq

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks
Getting the 404 error on that paste, maybe try again?
"
Idegen88 a écrit :
"
Peterrabbit_01 a écrit :
"
Idegen88 a écrit :

Would be then interesting to try Anomalous holy relic, which gets 60%increased life at 20% quality. Then you can still keep cwdt on lower level for faster resummon.
Even with level 1 cwdt he would have 9k life with the minion life we are already stacking, but quite honestly mine with that 6k life already seems to stand his ground and rarely vanishes. On the other hand, you are right, that more life regen from max level relic would defenitely help compensating for the roughly 2 aps loss on cyclone life per hit compared to Hoa setup.
The regular quality gives increased AoE, which is also quite nice. Idk i can see the argument either way; it would be nice to have a more tanky relic but especially with me running max lvl, i rarely have it not up. More often than not it's re-summoned before it dies anyways so, gonna stick with the old school version for now.

I really wish I somehow had a 5th slot for the relic though; I'm trying to move away from the wave of conviction exposure to the elemental army exposure. Sure it's a less powerful exposure but it would also be more consistent if I could somehow attach it to a minion. How to do that; not sure yet :p
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 13 oct. 2020 03:41:46

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires